Knutsford services southbound M6

JAKEY:
:lol: that’s so funny Rob .

I laughed so much, a little bit of wee came out.

Suedehead:

JAKEY:
:lol: that’s so funny Rob .

I laughed so much, a little bit of wee came out.

Really?

I don’t even have to laugh these days for that to happen :laughing:

Knutsford is one of the older service areas and is squashed into a small site. Lorries take up a lot of room and the drivers don’t spend much money. They have experience of truck drivers parking on the pavements so the put big kerbs to stop them.

There is no “big ■■■■ sign Verbotten Trucks, shot at dawn” but a simple outline of a truck with a red line through it. I think that some of you guys must be the same as the ones who try to take a 44 tonner through the McDonalds drive through. “I drive a big truck - I can go wherever I want.”

Same as Stirling services. HGV parking was obviously an afterthought!

Santa:
Knutsford I think that some of you guys must be the same as the ones who try to take a 44 tonner through the McDonalds drive through.

Driving through the building itself would be preferable…as long as no kittens were hurt in the process of course…

robroy:

Arthurhucksake:
You’ve got Lymm truck stop before Knutsford Services and plenty of lay by’s on the A50 between 19 and 16 (taking it as a given that Sandbach Services are always rammed) you just avoid the place, the end.

Can you still park in that lay by opposite The Bears Paw pub?
I stayed there regular for years, on and off, up to about 03, then they put ‘No overnight parking’ signs up. :smiling_imp:
Somebody told me that the signs are no longer there, …Is that right?

Couldn’t say for sure about the signs, I stopped there a few weeks back but didn’t notice any signs (‘‘twas dark and raining being my excuse!)

Doncaster services grind my gears. Get a queue for the HGV pumps which then blocks the exit from the lorry park. Make an exit by the entrance FFS Retards. [emoji35]

nomiS36:
Doncaster services grind my gears. Get a queue for the HGV pumps which then blocks the exit from the lorry park. Make an exit by the entrance FFS Retards. [emoji35]

Bit like Chively Newbury the same

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:
The signs are very clear though. Not suitable for trucks.

Never seen a sign actually saying ‘unsuitable’ bud tbh.
Maybe ‘prohibited’ or words to that effect, but that’s a non starter, as afaik they have to provide a number of parking places by law.

In that case you should pull in, and complain that there is no safe and suitable place to park.

There was an agreement when MOTO bought Lymm to have a “split services” due to the small overburdened facilities at Knutsford with the trucks being ‘encouraged’ to use Lymm.
There were plans to build a new much larger twin sided service area about 6 Miles south of Knutsford which never happened, then there was a move to ‘infil’ sites that is why Sandbach got built between Knutsford and Keele.
There was an attempt to ‘Link’ Barton & Scotch corner in a similar manner with the upgrade of the A1M which was knocked back.

They don’t have to provide any parking places by law.
It is/was a Gov policy decision that has sort of evolved over 50 years to allow them to be signed from the road network for providing a minimum level of facilities, nothing more, nothing less.