The Knutsford step wrecker

Have you seen it, or fell foul of it?
As you back on to the truck spaces adjacent to petrol forecourt, (MSA s/b Knutsford) there is this foot high kerb corner, just the right height for your step to catch when knocking the lock off. :unamused:
It’s got numerous mark’s on it, and I have seen it hit twice in the past. (Not by me btw :smiley: )
Just watch out for it if you decide to park there, it’s ■■■■ lethal.

Knutsford? Southbound? Doesnt ring a bell…
Quick look on google earth. Ahhh, the one that says ‘not suitable for HGV’s’ on the signs on the approach…

I remember. I went in there 20+years ago, saw it was ■■■■, drove on to Sandbach, and have never bothered pulling in again…

Poor effort Rob. Poor effort.

I’ve seen it when I’ve been desperate enough :laughing: why are you stopping you’ve only just set off :laughing: :open_mouth: :blush: :wink: :laughing:

Free coffee :question: :open_mouth: :grimacing: cheers Ray

the nodding donkey:
Quick look on google earth. Ahhh, the one that says ‘not suitable for HGV’s’ on the signs on the approach…

I remember. I went in there 20+years ago, saw it was [zb], drove on to Sandbach, and have never bothered pulling in again…

Unsuitable?
Hmmm …I think you’re giving them too much credit to take that as a warning about damaging your truck on a kerb, :smiley:
It’s because they want you to use their glorified MSA up the road that they call a ‘truckstop’ aka Lymm.
Has it really been 20 years since they ■■■■ ed it up? :open_mouth:
I’m sure a driver of your experience and skill would not consider it unsuitable ND,.and as long as it has a Gregggs where as Stargazer says I get my free coffee, then it’s ‘suitable’ enough for me mate. :smiley:
I just need to be careful when reversing. :smiley:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

I remember. I went in there 20+years ago, saw it was [zb], drove on to Sandbach, and have never bothered pulling in again…

Unsuitable?
Hmmm …I think you’re giving them too much credit to take that as a warning about damaging your truck on a kerb, :smiley:
It’s because they want you to use their glorified MSA up the road that they call a ‘truckstop’ aka Lymm.
Has it really been 20 years since they [zb] ed it up? :open_mouth:
I’m sure a driver of your experience and skill would not consider it unsuitable ND,.and as long as it has a Gregggs where as Stargazer says I get my free coffee, then it’s ‘suitable’ enough for me mate. :smiley:
I just need to be careful when reversing. :smiley:

Just park on the pumps to get your coffee…

I consider Kuntsford unsuitable for many reasons. The awkward reverse into the parking bays is lvery low on the list.

As for going to Lymm ‘up the road’, have you got your Sarf and Norf mixed up?

Nah,.I get ■■■■■■ off myself when guys hog the pumps for anything other than fuel, or worse on a break,.so hardly likely to do it myself…thought you were better than that ND :open_mouth: :smiley:

As for North and South, that place is accessible from both sides as you know, they would rather you went there than on the MSA, that was my point.

this… google.co.uk/maps/@53.30063 … 384!8i8192

[quote=“the nodding donkey”

Ahhh, the one that says ‘not suitable for HGV’s’ on the signs on the approach…

I’ve always wondered why a MSA with HGV parking bays and HGV fuel pumps is unsuitable for HGVs.

I have never been there myself, but after seeing the street view i will definately be giving it a miss.