Knutsford s.bound MSA

If I’ve mentioned this before (as I think I have) just ignore me or send me abuse :laughing:

What’s the deal with that high kerb beside the pumps, adjacent to the very few truck park bays. If you plan to reverse in the last few bays they are just in line with your nearside step as you take off your lock, and your step is totalled, just to ■■■■ up your day. (btw I missed it, what with me being perfect etc :sunglasses: :smiley: )
There are numerous marks on there where it has been caught in the past.
Has it been designed that way on purpose, or am I giving too much credit to the intelligence and mischief of these ■■■■■ that design these truck parking areas on MSAs.
I know we are not wanted on MSAs, and especially Knutsford…they even put signs up to tell you ffs, but this is a bit much, why has it not been changed to stop all the damage.

Poor design. Look at a lot of places, Cobham springs to mind where the bays aren’t that wide so if some twonk doesn’t park in the middle of his bay, everyone else has to follow suit lest they can’t get out of their cabs without banging the door into the truck next to them.

Radar19:
Poor design. Look at a lot of places, Cobham springs to mind where the bays aren’t that wide so if some twonk doesn’t park in the middle of his bay, everyone else has to follow suit lest they can’t get out of their cabs without banging the door into the truck next to them.

Oh for christ sake man don’t go down that route. There was a major upset on here a while ago about where to park in a bay.

Some said, like you, park in middle of bay.

One ■■■■■ trumpet got quite irate about the whole thing. He insisted everyone should park with the wheels down the white line.

I sneakily use the small layby with the double yellow lines, on the left as you drive in, or the coach park for a quick coffee stop.
Or the exit from the Msa, park on the side of the exit slip road .
I parked in the Lgv area, and a traffic policeman they told me no waiting is allowed .
But that high kerb is lethal .

happysack:

Radar19:

Oh for christ sake man don’t go down that route. There was a major upset on here a while ago about where to park in a bay.

Some said, like you, park in middle of bay.

One ■■■■■ trumpet got quite irate about the whole thing. He insisted everyone should park with the wheels down the white line.

Makes sense parking on the line as some can’t judge the width or aim when it’s in hand :wink:

Until the end bay against a wall…

Cobham works for me. The bays are staggered so as long as you park with your front bumper on the front line you can get out of your truck one side or the other without clouting the truck next to you. Of course if you leave your dancing shoes on the step then you need to get that door open!

Think that it’s designed for class 2s only that bay robroy…bets it’s claimed many a side step :smiley:

I hear those high kerbs are lethal for traffic officer vehicles too! :laughing:

BossHogg:
I hear those high kerbs are lethal for traffic officer vehicles too! :laughing:

Yeh, I remember something about that, he rolled it in the sevices didn’t he?

Certainly did, there’s a YouTube video out there of it being uprighted by another of our vehicles. :wink:

toby1234abc:
I sneakily use the small layby with the double yellow lines, on the left as you drive in, or the coach park for a quick coffee stop.
Or the exit from the Msa, park on the side of the exit slip road .
I parked in the Lgv area, and a traffic policeman they told me no waiting is allowed .
But that high kerb is lethal .

Stopped there Friday and they have put cones all down the exit road now,the little lay by on the left is always a cheeky spot if a coffee is all that’s needed :smiley: