Kasakhstan.Anyone want to start a thread

Juilman:
Photos of my dad in Tengiz run3

Nice photo’s Juilman,only did one run to Tengiz & that was in the summer,glad I never went down there in winter,hats off to the guy’s who went there year round.

turnip:

colin.f.whitetrans:

turnip:
Stopped in nizhny Novgorod a couple of times, not a tir park though. Seem to remember spending half a day on a hill I couldn’t get up coming out of the town, after loading alongside the river.

Hi turnip
Were you loading garments at the praxis factory for the uk?

I honestly can’t remember the name ! But yes it was garments ! They had the place by the river and a place at the top of the town too, which was a pain in winter because the snow would drift up against the loading bay so you had to shovel it out before loading. I always thought nizhny was quite modern compared to most Russian towns ! Did you go there too then ■■

Yeah spent a few nights down there as well. Great people in the factory. Had a good night once there with atholl addison just chin wagging. Didnt go on the boat but spent a good night in a chinese with the lad from the office then on to a bar that stayed open until the last man fell over but being sensible i had an early night!! Im not sure the name of the factory but i think praxis was the uk buyer

Great photos Jullman hope you have more :smiley:

Hi all!
Great to see this thread going again! Love to here the stories and see the pictures! Keep them comming!

Reg Danne

colin.f.whitetrans:

Rarby:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Rarby:
Hi all,where was the best TIR park between Moscow & KZ?,Colin,Bob,Motley got your ears on?

Hard for me to say Rarby. I did like the one at Samara before the split but also the one at Syzran was good for the night. Stayed in Penza a few nights as well but to be honest any parking with a beer and a man with a gun guarding you was a good parking :smiley:

Used Samara a few times Col,remember BM had an extended stay there due to some tyre problems on his low loader.I met up with him there & took him to DHL at Tolyatti airport where some tyres had been sent out to him.Could also buy diesel there,although I got a bad fill there one winter & had some fun as a result. :frowning:

The little restuarant next to the roadside was a good little place to eat at the samara parking but stopped going in after frank let go of his senses on the diesel hose :smiley:

Hey Colin,had a few Baltica’s in there,heard a few of the boys talk about the M.I.B park (Men In Black) think it was somewhere around Chelyabinsk or Ufa,maybe in the Urals,can you enlighten me?

Hi Andy
The name M.I.B parking does not ring any bells. Maybe its a park i used but im not sure but someone on here will have heard of it!

Hi all! Take a look at TOP RUNs last update :smiley:
Raynart trucks on tour :smiley:
reg Danne

Glad its back on track. Did the scania / volvo wagon and drag go east■■?

swiller:

M&C Jamie:
Hi, would this be the same mick deans , that was trying to multi task in Okty’s yard one evening, by helping Cyril back to his truck and serenading me at the same time, after Cok tany Effes control.

Regards Jamie

A Scot Lost in the Valley’s.

thats the one and only yes lol

FFS Mickey Dean only just seen this, I notice the old slappers fly is open ready for action bless him…

brenics77:

Atholl was driving a M.A.N. artic when he was on the mine job.

Dave.

Few recent piccies for your enjoyment:

bftrans.cz/index.php/galerie

Dirty Dan:
Hi all! Take a look at TOP RUNs last update :smiley:
Raynart trucks on tour :smiley:
reg Danne

Have a look at ‘Destination Kabul’ (in a Raynart truck);

toprun.ch/truck/2012-05/Ryna … index.html

Ross.

Flysheet,the bearded man looks like Bob Garnett,ex Euro PSL manager and owner of Garnett Eurotrans.

turnip:
Stopped in nizhny Novgorod a couple of times, not a tir park though. Seem to remember spending half a day on a hill I couldn’t get up coming out of the town, after loading alongside the river.

Hi All, I’ve just joined the site having bumped into a few ex-drivers in services recently and was asked to list the David Croome Fleet/drivers from my time there in late 90’s early 2000’s (see posts RE; Croome). Can see some of you Gentlefolk are ex-Croomes and glad some of you are still doing a fine job in todays Global Supply Chain :smiley: . Happy hunting and happy to re-acquaint. Best Rgds MB

Matty Boy:

turnip:

Hi All, I’ve just joined the site having bumped into a few ex-drivers in services recently and was asked to list the David Croome Fleet/drivers from my time there in late 90’s early 2000’s (see posts RE; Croome). Can see some of you Gentlefolk are ex-Croomes and glad some of you are still doing a fine job in todays Global Supply Chain :smiley: . Happy hunting and happy to re-acquaint. Best Rgds MB

Heres a couple of snaps of the Nizhny factory which I ventured to riding shotgun with Paul Stevens in Jan 1998 (apologies for the quality - it’s a photo of a photo! I need to find out how to best upload standard snaps on this) MB

Nizhny # 2.jpg

Nizhny 1.jpg

Matty Boy:

Matty Boy:

turnip:

Heres a couple of snaps of the Nizhny factory which I ventured to riding shotgun with Paul Stevens in Jan 1998 (apologies for the quality - it’s a photo of a photo! I need to find out how to best upload standard snaps on this) MB

Hi mb. I am indeed ex croomes. I was only talking to Paul stevens the other day, with regard to the passing of Gordon McMillan ! Did I know you ? Everyone knew me as junior !

davemackie:

brenics77:

Atholl was driving a M.A.N. artic when he was on the mine job.

Dave.

Silvery EXEL motor if I remember correctly

komatsu 450:

i bet it didnt take long for that lot to go walk about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

turnip:

Matty Boy:

Matty Boy:

turnip:

Hi mb. I am indeed ex croomes. I was only talking to Paul stevens the other day, with regard to the passing of Gordon McMillan ! Did I know you ? Everyone knew me as junior !

Just replied on the Croome thread, good to reacquaint. Where are you and Paul working these days? Sad to hear about Terry Pickett as well, a top chap and had some good laughs with him. MB

hi matty boy , i am up way past my bed time tonight, finally got on here . you must remember me dave from plymouth as you were from tavistock ? am back in plymouth last 11 years , working for appleby westward SPAR in saltash last 10 years , back on the drawbars ! how you doing ?