Nostalgia 2

Dear Drivers past and present.
Having spent many Christmas’s away at a border in Saudi, or in Istanbul, or in Doha or at the National, Belgrade,or rushing to get the boat, I am now beginning to get used to spending Christmas with my loved ones. I am sitting here with my beautiful young wife and 18 month old daughter, reminiscing the days that I spent on the road, sometimes alone and sometimes with other drivers. I remember one trip in the late 80’s on Christmas morning on the TAP Line heading to Doha and I had pulled over somewhere near Hafar, to make breakfast when I heard the sound of a ■■■■■■■ coming to a halt very close. It was Bob Hedley in his Transcon,going home.
He came over with his big cup and said “is the coffe ready youth?” And luckily for me it was.
We had bacon sandwiches, coffee and then some alcohol free saudi beer( remember those guys!!)
I swear I was getting tipsy, must have been the company I was in.
Anyway we finished and bid each other seasons greetings and went our seperate ways.
Icracked on and late that night got through Salwa and the Saudi customs man said" Eh Britanny, why you no at Christmas??" I told him that I must work, to feed my children.He wished me well and raised the barrier, so that I could get on the morning Qateri convoy to Doha.I sometimes miss those days, but I am enjoying these days too, struggling to earn a living running a Dive and Watersports operation here in the Caribbean.
Jobs and businesses change but Principles don’t change.
I wish all of you the best and look forward to many more post on TN in the new year.
Best Regards
GS OVERLAND

GS,
Maybe you should rename this thread"Nostalgia 2" so as not to confuse it with the “Nostalgia” thread at the top of the forum.
Just a thought.

Hey, i’m arse deep in snow here and your in the Caribbean :sunglasses:

AND youwant me to feel sorry for you :unamused: i don’t think so :wink:

Have a Happy New Year mon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: