Just seddon Atkinsons

c

image.jpeg

Punchy Dan:
0make mine a babycham

That looks a rare 'un! Can anyone confirm is this is a 200 T/unit, rather than a 300 please?

GCR2ERF:

Punchy Dan:
0make mine a babycham

That looks a rare 'un! Can anyone confirm is this is a 200 T/unit, rather than a 300 please?

It will be a 200 series unit, they were available with sleeper cabs as well.

Pete.

Having taken over J L Randall Tankers of Heysham early 1976 J L Townson replaced a couple of the older motors with 2 day cabbed Seddon Atkinsons 250 ■■■■■■■ driven by Ken Moss and Billy Day and 1 sleeper cabbed Seddon Atkinson again with the 250 ■■■■■■■ driven by Jack Sanderson, the day cabbed ones he put in Townson livery but with the Randall name running out of ICI Heysham and the sleeper he ran from the Oldham depot then in 78/79 he bought 2 401s with ■■■■■■■ 290 engine both sleepers and placed them at the depot in Morecambe driven by Bill Benson and Jim Edmonds.

Quick question, i drove a 200 4 wheeler and a 300 6 wheeler, did they have the same IH engine but the 300 sporting a turbocharger, was that the difference or more to it please?

Juddian:
Quick question, i drove a 200 4 wheeler and a 300 6 wheeler, did they have the same IH engine but the 300 sporting a turbocharger, was that the difference or more to it please?

Quick answer! :wink: They were different, we had both types.

Pete.

HI Dan
The first two 8-wheelers would have been supplied by Tilburys of Winchester the garage is still there just off junction 9 of the M3 on the A34 as Dean said Diments from Bournemouth & Boyles from Ramsdell near Basingstoke farmers & bulk hauliers.
Cheers
Rich
PS
I saw a Seth one today on the A34

Cheers I didn’t expect a reply on those that quick ,they certainly were good Kit in the day big body & sleeper cab . :sunglasses:

image.jpeg mr Kipling

image.jpeglooking at the 301 someone got the short straw :laughing:definatly a Wilcox body :laughing:

image.jpegmore good R & s

image.jpega handy lorry

image.jpeg

image.jpegBIS for Les the tow truck :laughing:

image.jpeganother real handy lorry

image.jpegshame it’s not a Wilcox ? ,May be mr ERF knows what make the body is ?

image.jpegm
image.jpeg

image.jpegE.T phone home :smiley:

image.jpeg