Just a quickie...

I often see [zb] around the forum…what does it mean?

■■■■. ■■■■

Should have guessed it was something along those lines, shouldn’t I? :confused: But, being a man of the cloth, one doesn’t use such language, does one…

Bless you, my child… :grimacing:

[zb] is substituted by the auto-censor for any word that’s not considered appropriate, which basically means any swear word.

People on this board sometimes use it for words they know aren’t allowed.

I know some people will say this is a forum for adults so there shouldn’t be any censorship but it’s an open forum and can be read by anyone of any age or gender.

To give a bit of background. Years ago when the forum was first set up, one of the moderators went by the user name of ZarBean. If he ever had to censor or remove an offensive word then he would substitute it with (ZB). It caught on from there!

Now I feel old! :frowning: :frowning: :smiley:

bullitt:
To give a bit of background. Years ago when the forum was first set up, one of the moderators went by the user name of ZarBean. If he ever had to censor or remove an offensive word then he would substitute it with (ZB). It caught on from there!

Ooh, I like that!

And the ;D ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard J:

bullitt:

Ooh, I like that!

The legendary man’s posts:
search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=zzbean*&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

I like it too, hence my username :smiley: . Who wants to read bad stuff? Most of us just type “[zb]” when we have run out of superlatives :laughing: . I have only actually typed a rude word once into this forum, when I lost my rag with a particularly nasty aggressor, who has since been dumped overboard. Of course, everyone else just saw the usual two letters :smiley: .

One forum I was on wouldn’t allow the word ‘PENISTONE’ when I was trying to tell my mate an address! Can’t remember what it substitued for it though ‘Strange place’ rings a bell! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
One forum I was on wouldn’t allow the word ‘PENISTONE’ when I was trying to tell my mate an address! Can’t remember what it substitued for it though ‘Strange place’ rings a bell! [emoji38]

Pete.

Same applied during the early years of Facebook (or some other online service at any rate). Nobody could sign up if they lived in Scunthorpe for some reason…

Sent using smoke and mirrors

Roymondo:

windrush:
One forum I was on wouldn’t allow the word ‘PENISTONE’ when I was trying to tell my mate an address! Can’t remember what it substitued for it though ‘Strange place’ rings a bell! [emoji38]

Pete.

Same applied during the early years of Facebook (or some other online service at any rate). Nobody could sign up if they lived in Scunthorpe for some reason…

Buga gets through unless you,re now reading (zb)

It’s only ■■■■■■■ normal, innit, to “hide” that ■■■■■■■ language, moderators are ■■■■■■■ spot on to ban all those ■■■■■■■, who clearly don’t have a ■■■■■■■ wide vocabulary…before you know it we’ve got ■■■■■■■ anarchy on the forum and that’s just the one thing we don’t ■■■■■■■ need… :wink:

Cheers, Patrick

Roymondo:

windrush:

Pete.

Scunthorpe…aye would ban those people as well, just for the fun of it :laughing:

“T” in Typhoo and Scunthorpe are contenders for sure ! Bewick.

“Just a quickie”

That’s what she use to say always moaning :wink:

Consider yourself a lucky boy… :blush:

My brother lives in a village in south Lincs named Dyke. He’s had problems on some websites when quoting where he lives.
Bernard

Scunthorpe. Works for me, although I think S[zb]horpe looks more elegant.

Mods- please delete this if you think it crosses the line :smiley: .

[zb]
anorak:
Scunthorpe. Works for me, although I think S[zb]horpe looks more elegant.

Mods- please delete this if you think it crosses the line :smiley: .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Mods have been circumvented at last ! it’s taken quite a while but don’t hold your breath !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Bewick.