Re. Locking threads

Why was what would you do thread locked? Are there some Palmer and Harvey fans out there?

It’s unlocked again now…

Muckaway:
Why was said thread locked? Are there some Palmer and Harvey fans out there?

That’ll be because I clicked a wrong button after doing some language edits, but I quickly realised and corrected my error. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Talking of language edits, I’ve noticed an auto-censor dodge in your signature that you might want to look at before Site Admin see it. :wink:

dieseldave:
Talking of language edits, I’ve noticed an auto-censor dodge in your signature that you might want to look at before Site Admin see it. :wink:

Surely not, even mainstream newspapers print profanities if the word is disguised with asterisks, even if the original word is obvious.

Better than actually typing it?

Harry Monk:

dieseldave:

Surely not, even mainstream newspapers print profanities if the word is disguised with asterisks, even if the original word is obvious.

Newspapers use asterisks, WE use [zb], we always have and probably always will.

What does zb mean? Is it Latin for something?

Muckaway:

■■■■■■ if I know
:blush:

Muckaway:

It is an abbreviation for “Zzarbean”, one of the original TruckNet moderators, who used [ZB] to replace swear words in the days before the auto-censor was invented.

Muckaway:

Nope bit of a standing joke tbh

Something to do with an old mod on here when he did some editing

Asterixs would be better, save time working out what the word was…

Muckaway:

The simple test is to type that word fully in an ordinary post and then click the preview button. If you see the “[zb]” instead of what you wrote, then you know it’s a banned word.

Then a little read of Forum Rule #3 give us this:

Rule 3 No bad language, racism, or other downright 'orrible stuff. The quickest way to find out if a word is allowed or not is to include it in a posting, and if the auto censor gets it, it is not allowed.

Re-spelling or doctoring a word to get it past the censor does NOT suddenly make the word allowable.

It’s a pretty straightforward rule, but it’s up to you what you make of it, or whether you do anything about it.

The thing that some members don’t seem to realise is that it counts a “doctoring” if asterisks are used as an edit to circumvent the auto-censor once they’ve seen the “[zb]” automatically inserted where they’d typed a banned word.
So, you’re spot-on because actually typing a word and leaving the “[zb]” in place is OK under rule #3.

dieseldave:

Muckaway:

The simple test is to type that word fully in an ordinary post and then click the preview button. If you see the “[zb]” instead of what you wrote, then you know it’s a banned word.

Thank ■■■■ you explained it, I could never work it out myself! :wink:

dieseldave:

Rule 3 No bad language, racism, or other downright 'orrible stuff. The quickest way to find out if a word is allowed or not is to include it in a posting, and if the auto censor gets it, it is not allowed.

I take it saying the word “■■■■■■” is ok? :smiley:

Harry Monk:

dieseldave:

Muckaway:

Thank ■■■■ you explained it, I could never work it out myself! :wink:

Currently PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Muckaway:

dieseldave:

We prefer[ zb] it is more politically correct. :wink:

Harry Monk:

Muckaway:

dieseldave:

We prefer[zb], it is more politically correct. :wink:

And definitly not Tinkers,Dids or Jippos…

I prefer “Diddycoy”, since this is a Romany word in the first place and was originally used as a term of respect for elders of the tribe. It is derived from “Dik a dai” which in Romany language means “look at this”.

Muckaway:

dieseldave:

That’s an interesting one mate!! :smiley:

As far as the auto-censor is concerned (unless Site Admin have a twiddle with it… ) the word itself is currently allowed from a swearing point of view, because the auto-censor doesn’t “catch” it. However, it might come under the “downright 'orrible stuff” part.

Harry Monk:

Muckaway:

dieseldave:

We prefer[ zb] it is more politically correct. :wink:

But the zb’s actually originated from the Indian sub continent so there should be an a where the letter i is and the rest is close enough to get the general idea if we did use the un politically correct description in it’s geographically correct context. :open_mouth: