Jobs on offer around Bristol

bcfc1710:

Milk Man:
Yes us trunker drivers have got it easy delivering to rdcs and other depots with trailer swaps. Not changed much since the takeover, just tightened up on a few things like turn around times.

I’ve been working at wisemans now for 3 weeks, doing class 2. Am enjoying just annoying they keep changing my run. What’s the normal wait for your own run?

Best to make it known you want your own run, as not everybody does and they’ll probably gladly keep you as a ‘cover driver’ unless you say anything. You could get lucky and get one pretty quickly as people leave, usually you’d take over a run you know & have been regularly covering for a while.

Gregory Distribution recruitment day, Patchway
gdl.uk.com/recruitment_details.asp?JobID=186

Cosmic:
Gregory Distribution recruitment day, Patchway
gdl.uk.com/recruitment_details.asp?JobID=186

We are holding an Open Day at our Bristol Depot for any Driver, male or female, with a C+E (Class One) licence, with young and newly qualified drivers being particularly welcome.

We also interested in speaking to Drivers with any C class qualification as training may be given to C+E standard for right applicants.

Should help some newbies get their 1st step up …

bald bloke:

Riho:
Is the problem in the attitude from the management, or is the job difficult, that makes the place bad?

The drivers we’ve had from the Co-op moan about management.

I’ve met a few ex Coop drivers in the places i’ve worked recently, they said the same thing. Awful management.

Just bagged myself an interview at Wisemans in Trafford Park myself! Its my 1st class 2 job so im not to fussy what the work is like but it all sounds well. What is the pay like there as theres nothing on the advert, theres one advertised for leeds thats 26-28 OTE surely its not commissioned based? If it is there will be no milking it! :wink:

Damo_hall:
Just bagged myself an interview at Wisemans in Trafford Park myself! Its my 1st class 2 job so im not to fussy what the work is like but it all sounds well. What is the pay like there as theres nothing on the advert, theres one advertised for leeds thats 26-28 OTE surely its not commissioned based? If it is there will be no milking it! :wink:

Why would you take a job with out knowing what the pay was?

Because its somewhere to get my foot on the ladder only passed my test last week I have no experience

Just a quick update we are still looking for class 1 drivers visit culinacareers.co.uk and Farm Foods are still looking for drivers for their new depot in Avonmouth and that’s £30,500 a year any 5 from 7 and also Gregory’s have an advert on local radio for drivers too in Bristol somewhere but not quite sure where they are based.

Oh and as usual the Co-op are looking I believe.

Thanks for the update BB, it’s always good to know what’s about.

MikeDBristol:
Thanks for the update BB, it’s always good to know what’s about.

No probs I do try and keep my ears open, I think Tescos are recruiting too in Avonmouth.

bald bloke:
Just a quick update we are still looking for class 1 drivers visit culinacareers.co.uk and Farm Foods are still looking for drivers for their new depot in Avonmouth and that’s £30,500 a year any 5 from 7 and also Gregory’s have an advert on local radio for drivers too in Bristol somewhere but not quite sure where they are based.

Oh and as usual the Co-op are looking I believe.

There up at the old cold store where walkers crisp’s were top end of the Mall. Highwood Road class 2 multi drop but I don’t think its that good. also the yards in a hell of a state.

MikeDBristol:

bald bloke:

Riho:
Is the problem in the attitude from the management, or is the job difficult, that makes the place bad?

The drivers we’ve had from the Co-op moan about management.

I’ve met a few ex Coop drivers in the places i’ve worked recently, they said the same thing. Awful management.

That’s because it’s not co-op its Norbetts

nick2008:
There up at the old cold store where walkers crisp’s were top end of the Mall. Highwood Road class 2 multi drop but I don’t think its that good. also the yards in a hell of a state.

They’re after class 1 drivers according the their website and I do remember where Walkers used to be but didn’t realize they were there.

I saw an ad this morning going past Boomeco, class 1. They’re located between chittening estate and Malcolm in Avonmouth. I imagine it’ll be tramping, I don’t know much about them though.

MikeDBristol:
I saw an ad this morning going past Boomeco, class 1. They’re located between chittening estate and Malcolm in Avonmouth. I imagine it’ll be tramping, I don’t know much about them though.

They deal in wood chip type stuff so probably walking floor/bulker work at a guess. Oh also Malcolm are looking for class 1 drivers too.

I imagine some of these places will start offering in house training of drivers if finding drivers is really a big of an issue as it seems. What do you reckon?

MikeDBristol:
I imagine some of these places will start offering in house training of drivers if finding drivers is really a big of an issue as it seems. What do you reckon?

Possibly, we’ve recently put a couple of reliable class 2 drivers through their class 1 and one of them came from the warehouse. Asda do warehouse to wheels and have taken several on that way.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

They’re after class 1 drivers according the their website and I do remember where Walkers used to be but didn’t realize they were there.

A mate of mine at ur place was there and on their notice board they were looking for cat C drivers there too. 4am starts though and they take newbies as his X had just passed her test that week, did a drive offered a job but due to the 4am couldn’t take it.

Here are some vacancies from Indeed jobs…

2 x HGV Class 1 Night drivers required - new
DHL Nisa - Avonmouth
£31,890.71 a year
DHL Nisa based in the Avonmouth area are looking to recruit 2 x HGV Class 1 Driver on Nights. 2 years HGV experience or minimum of 180 days driving experience…

6 x HGV Class 2 Drivers - new
DHL Nisa - Avonmouth
£27,102 a year
DHL Nisa based in Avonmouth are looking to recruit 6 x HGV Class 2 Drivers. Muti drop and 2 years HGV experience or minimum of 180 days driving experience…

Class 1 LGV Driver - £11 per hour - Avonmouth - new
Boomeco Limited - Avonmouth - +1 location
£11 an hour
We are looking for 2 x full-time LGV Driver’s to work at our site in Avonmouth who have a digital Tachograph card, CPC training and a minimum of a Category CE

CAR TRANSPORTER DRIVER HGV 1 C+E - new
Sensible Automotive Ltd - Bristol
£38,000 - £40,000 a year
Car Transporter Driver HGV 1 C+E Sensible Automotive - Nationwide. Sensible Automotive Ltd part of the Stobart Group are seeking HGV C+E drivers to operate from…

And of course Co-op are still looking they must be desperate as they have a banner outside stating the fact.

bald bloke:
Here are some vacancies from Indeed jobs…

2 x HGV Class 1 Night drivers required - new
DHL Nisa - Avonmouth
£31,890.71 a year
DHL Nisa based in the Avonmouth area are looking to recruit 2 x HGV Class 1 Driver on Nights. 2 years HGV experience or minimum of 180 days driving experience…

6 x HGV Class 2 Drivers - new
DHL Nisa - Avonmouth
£27,102 a year
DHL Nisa based in Avonmouth are looking to recruit 6 x HGV Class 2 Drivers. Muti drop and 2 years HGV experience or minimum of 180 days driving experience…

Class 1 LGV Driver - £11 per hour - Avonmouth - new
Boomeco Limited - Avonmouth - +1 location
£11 an hour
We are looking for 2 x full-time LGV Driver’s to work at our site in Avonmouth who have a digital Tachograph card, CPC training and a minimum of a Category CE

CAR TRANSPORTER DRIVER HGV 1 C+E - new
Sensible Automotive Ltd - Bristol
£38,000 - £40,000 a year
Car Transporter Driver HGV 1 C+E Sensible Automotive - Nationwide. Sensible Automotive Ltd part of the Stobart Group are seeking HGV C+E drivers to operate from…

And of course Co-op are still looking they must be desperate as they have a banner outside stating the fact.

I did hear and I know from past experience working with DHL that they can be moved like any agency bod site to site so if it went quiet at the site your normally working at they’ll rent you out to another DHL site like Currys Boots or ANOther contract.

As for Co-Op it’s not Co-Op really is it, its Norbitt Wordrobiebits. funny as you don’t hear a good word for any of the co-op sites being a Supermarket :unamused: job . yet most of the proper supermarkets ie Morr Sains Asda Tesco etc all have relatively good comments for people working at them .