Jobs on offer around Bristol

lesrollins:
As anyone got links or numbers for Next or Tesco job vacancies in Avonmouth please.

google :laughing: DETECTIVE :sunglasses:

Has anyone worked for co - op in Avonmouth on here? What are they like to work for, what is the average shift length, attitude?

At the moment I’m signed up with sainsburys, but they don’t seem to be busy.

Riho:
Has anyone worked for co - op in Avonmouth on here? What are they like to work for, what is the average shift length, attitude?

They’ve not got a good reputation I’m afraid do a search on here you might find some info to read.

bald bloke:

Riho:

They’ve not got a good reputation I’m afraid do a search on here you might find some info to read.

not heard a single good word for ND at co-op mind co-op didn’t help the image by promising this and that and then throwin out to ND

Is the problem in the attitude from the management, or is the job difficult, that makes the place bad?

Riho:
Is the problem in the attitude from the management, or is the job difficult, that makes the place bad?

The drivers we’ve had from the Co-op moan about management.

Neighbour works at Co-op, does a fixed shift so not to bad ,he says they occasionly ask you to do a Class 2 morning shift & its hell…

My brother-in- law works at Samworths & its mega hours & not steady work.

Wisemans( one of, if not the worst) & Hovis have a permanent advert over the past 6 years …says it all, yes I’ve worked there :unamused:
Sainsburys @ emerald pk did the 10hr induction but decided against it, never stop phoning(TRG) ask for Keith.

I applied to Next & John Lewis nothing back, steady little number’s I’ve heard?

I don’t like Sainsburys because of the health and safety bs. What about NFT in Patchway, are they any good?

One of the reason’s I decided against Emerald,more red tape than anywhere I have ever been,ridiculous…No Idea about NFT, Gregorys at Patchway want drivers, apply direct through there website…but i think they try a crafty night out on you now & again. " Well if its not ready then park up & take it in the morning "…Eh :open_mouth:

Hi mas430, how long did you work at wisemans?

Never worked at Wisemans neighbour did,also my good mate.
He was at Lords dairy in Longwell green before it was taken over by this lot.

He was in the small vans & never signed the wiseman contract so was still on the lords contract, they really messed him about no wage slips etc for months .

They offered him to take the Class 2 if he passed he would have been on the new contract, he failed though.
He was there for about 16 yrs, he had a mate who died suddenly & he got done for D&D on the night of the funeral. Wisemans did offer him a warehouse job while he was on his ban. In fact they did a really ■■■■■■ thing, they called him up & offered him a months work in the warehouse ,he was stony broke & he was dead chuffed, at the end of the month he had his pay cheque & it was £00.00 he went to the office ,they told him he was overpaid when he was there & that was that …You may have known him a Ginger ?

What about the new ASDA, are they any good to work for via an agency?

Riho:
What about the new ASDA, are they any good to work for via an agency?

Don’t know about Asda but Culina struggle to fill slots and we use ADR.

mas430:
Never worked at Wisemans neighbour did,also my good mate.
He was at Lords dairy in Longwell green before it was taken over by this lot.

He was in the small vans & never signed the wiseman contract so was still on the lords contract, they really messed him about no wage slips etc for months .

They offered him to take the Class 2 if he passed he would have been on the new contract, he failed though.
He was there for about 16 yrs, he had a mate who died suddenly & he got done for D&D on the night of the funeral. Wisemans did offer him a warehouse job while he was on his ban. In fact they did a really [zb] thing, they called him up & offered him a months work in the warehouse ,he was stony broke & he was dead chuffed, at the end of the month he had his pay cheque & it was £00.00 he went to the office ,they told him he was overpaid when he was there & that was that …You may have known him a Ginger ?

That’s a bit ■■■■ :open_mouth: Not the sort of experience I’ve had with them though.

Wisemans is a doddle of a job & cushy number if you have your own run or are a Class 1 driver. Problem is that generally when you first start you have/are neither & the job can be a ballache, so plenty jack it early on. You really have to bide your time.

Did you know Ginger ? squat about 5’6" small vans .

regards the Class 1 there neighbour said he had no homelife at all jacked & is on Class 2 delivering carpets & is home every week end.

Not sure who ginger is. I would say you can do alot worse than wisemans, like rob22888 said it takes time but worth sticking it out for your preferred shift, I haven’t worked a weekend in 2.5 years and I’m on for them.

I’ve spoken to a couple of Wiseman drivers who said the work was fairly easy,running packaged milk to RDCs. Has it changed since the Muller takeover?

Yes us trunker drivers have got it easy delivering to rdcs and other depots with trailer swaps. Not changed much since the takeover, just tightened up on a few things like turn around times.

Milk Man:
Yes us trunker drivers have got it easy delivering to rdcs and other depots with trailer swaps. Not changed much since the takeover, just tightened up on a few things like turn around times.

I’ve been working at wisemans now for 3 weeks, doing class 2. Am enjoying just annoying they keep changing my run. What’s the normal wait for your own run?

Glad you’re enjoying it mate, not sure what the waits like I went straight on to trunking and we don’t have our own runs. I guess when someone leaves or we get more work so could be a while.