Jobs for antisocial people?

I have Asperger syndrome so know exactly how you feel lol :slight_smile:

Thanks, will do.

Hamradiomobile:
I have Asperger syndrome so know exactly how you feel lol :slight_smile:

Asperger is NOT anti-social.

My son has it, he’s not antisocial - what he does lack is the ABILITY to interact socially. Massive difference to being an antisocial person who doesn’t like anyone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting thread, I can back up the tipper theory, as I am tipping for bretts at the moment, my next days work comes through on an email, I load from the quarry take to wherever , tip - sign - and go no one talks to me, love it . Cliff woods south east, down in kent.

I wouldn’t recommend anything retail distrubution wise, lots of customer facing and dealing with people. Which you can end up with some grumpy sod taking their job to seriously and making your day worse if they are missing anything, I’ve ended up waiting 30 minutes because some spoon misplaced an item. That’s the only advice I can say :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck :slight_smile:

This thread has been very useful for me, I was looking at a change of careers out of an office to get away from people I find annoying due to my being an antisocial person and one Job I looked at was with a drivers mate, this thread has let me know that isn’t the job for me.

2gates

2gates:
This thread has been very useful for me, I was looking at a change of careers out of an office to get away from people I find annoying due to my being an antisocial person and one Job I looked at was with a drivers mate, this thread has let me know that isn’t the job for me.

2gates

Whoah dude. Hang on a sec.
You posted in another thread that you already have a Class 2, and that you wanted to get out of the office environment. An environment in which you interact with people on a minute by minute basis, probably by email-Whatsapp-txt-etc. but there has to be some face to face interaction because you are in an office environment.

Why would you go all anti-social on the world if you are already being social with, well, the world? and making a decent living too, yes?

You´ll do removals, white goods, for sure, with a drivers mate. But there´s loads of jobs that would give you as much or as little contact with the world that you want. Pick up keys at one end, hand em in and get another set of keys ate the other. Rinse and repeat.
If you want a change from office to driving…do it. You could always go back to the office if you don´t like driving.

Whatever you decide, good luck hoss .

I was applying for a few jobs and one of the ones I went on a driving assessment and was seriously considering was with a drivers mate doing furniture home delivery which didn’t bother me until reading this thread about being with other people and realising they won’t all be quiet and peaceful, at which point I realised the main reason I want to go out driving is to get away from that kind of thing rather than just to go out driving once I took my blinkers off.

Yes I work in an office but it is not an environment I like, mainly because of the face to face interaction with others in the office, all the time it is work based I am fine and can cope with that, but when it breaks into general chit chat I find it very stressful because I am never sure what to say and start panicking inside. Generally all my communication is on email and work based apart from the people I sit directly around who are what cause me the stress. There is also this assumption that being in an office job means you are making a decent living, I am from a software developer background and that is not the case, I am not on the worst pay but am looking to get a nice bump up in pay with driving.

In the end the job with the drivers mate didn’t come through in time, or I might have taken it but a job came through with another local firm where I will be doing multidrop where yes I will have interaction but only for a couple of mins at each drop and then back to being on my own which I can cope with, but being with someone all day wishing to talk about this that and the other would be too much for me.

I may not be the most anti social person but I am not a social person.

steviespain:

2gates:

2gates

Whoah dude. Hang on a sec.
You posted in another thread that you already have a Class 2, and that you wanted to get out of the office environment. An environment in which you interact with people on a minute by minute basis, probably by email-Whatsapp-txt-etc. but there has to be some face to face interaction because you are in an office environment.

Why would you go all anti-social on the world if you are already being social with, well, the world? and making a decent living too, yes?

You´ll do removals, white goods, for sure, with a drivers mate. But there´s loads of jobs that would give you as much or as little contact with the world that you want. Pick up keys at one end, hand em in and get another set of keys ate the other. Rinse and repeat.
If you want a change from office to driving…do it. You could always go back to the office if you don´t like driving.

Whatever you decide, good luck hoss .

Like I say, mate. Good luck with whatever you decide :slight_smile:

I’m fairly sociable but quit a decent office job to start driving because I got annoyed with putting on the ‘professional’ act and trying to be 'a good team player’s etc. Nowadays I just have to get it there on time and maybe make an offhand comment about the good weather etc.

Overnight Post Office HGV - they are always looking for antisocial/sociopathic people to go work for them, as long as you can tell a customer a lie and steal parcels, you have a job for life…

or alternatively, join the Police (they have horseboxes). :slight_smile:

Not sure if its been said, maybe mercenery? Just kill people…

Get ya class one and go night trunking, you will love it, i do! I can go.weeks without seeing another human being

jbaz73:
Get ya class one and go night trunking, you will love it, i do! I can go.weeks without seeing another human being

That’s because some of the ■■■■■ diversions on nights send you into back of beyond [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to go into the office wae a driver yrs back as a witness to what was said ….anyway he said said he was antisocial a lone wolf……………well the Bossman said I don’t care if ye are the kin lone ranger or lone wolf McQuade don’t ps off the customers (then he told me to ■■ off as I burst out laughing.