Question to Stobart trampers and Brick@block drivers

I was do some job before for Stobart.Now do some Uk-Eu job.Good but so easy job.Every week just 2-3 collection/delivery,fridge trailers.Just open door and close and fill Cmr,check migrant.And just drive,sleep,eat.Can become to animal from this job stile.At least at weekend must have gym ,walking.My next dream job -car transporter but found this job can taked time or never happened.Call today for Logistic people agency.They said -Welcome back.Now 2 question.
Are Stobart trampers park for night at services or just lay by.?
2.They ask can I do Brick@block job.My Hiab expired but no problem to 'pass again.What plus and minus in this Brick@block job?

Hi,it’s the Aggregate Industry contract.
Lots of hi Vis and health and safety.
Lot of time spent out in the rain unloading truck with the crane.
I’ve saw a couple of their trucks parked up at the chryston yard when I’ve been loading there.
As far as I know they get more money than other Stobarts drivers for using the crane.

Listen bud if you want to do something new why don’t you just do it
It’s drivers like yourself who never get anywhere in life because your too shy to just go out and go for it, but that’s ok your in a big league there with people who never experience anything but the bottom of the ladder
If you want something go out and get it even as it sounds you don’t have any experience if your a driver then you should be able to drive anything plus if your working for buttons now that should push you foward

nightline:
It’s drivers like yourself who never get anywhere in life because your too shy to just go out and go for it, but that’s ok your in a big league there with people who never experience anything but the bottom of the ladder
If you want something go out and get it even as it sounds you don’t have any experience if your a driver then you should be able to drive anything plus if your working for buttons now that should push you foward

I have had some great jobs and I actually have one now whilst not having any experience in the job that I wanted, by simply putting myself forward and having a can do attitude. It goes a long way and opens doors.

nightline:

it is no problem pass to hiab or try.simy every job in every company have difference.Why not ask before spend money for training or before final decision

Dunky123:

Yup. Been there, seen it and got the t shirt.

Building sites are a nightmare for H&S, as are builders merchants, Travis Perkins being the worst I have ever come across.

And no matter how much wet weather gear you wear, rain always gets in, and believe me, it’s no fun.

Ken.

Quinny:

Dunky123:

Building sites are a nightmare for H&S, as are builders merchants, Travis Perkins being the worst I have ever come across.

And no matter how much wet weather gear you wear, rain always gets in, and believe me, it’s no fun.

Ken.

Just out of curiosity Ken, what is the main issue at the TP sites?

Is it individual branches that are a problem, or is it the RDC’s?

Don’t know about the RDC,s but the branches are h+s mad.
You’re not allowed in yard till they say and a lot of the time there is nowhere to park outside.
Once inside it’s full PPE and being supervised like you’re a silly boy.
Their own drivers aren’t any better and one of them was sacked after someone posted a video of him on the back of his truck whilst using the crane.

where are you based? wincanton are looking for hiab/brick crane operators and they will put you through the licence. :wink:

Quinny:

Dunky123:

Ken.

Barhale sites are a bit keen,as are st modwen.
All the others are fine.
M.V Kelly don’t fork about.proper old school groundwork teams.they’ve got all the kit (not hired) and they know how to use it.
As for builders merchants…we only do keylime,and they are pretty relaxed.
Just wear a hardhat if you’re on the trailer.

eagerbeaver:

Quinny:

Dunky123:

Ken.

Just out of curiosity Ken, what is the main issue at the TP sites?

Is it individual branches that are a problem, or is it the RDC’s?

Travis Perkins are a chuffing nightmare,
Big signs saying do not enter yard until instructed,even though at most branches you will cause chaos leaving a truck on the road.
When you get in you are subjected to way over the top health and safety that somehow doesn’t seem to apply to there customers coming in and abandoning vans all over…
Absolute joke of a set up