Job interview

Win-Stone:

mike_mccord:
Just been for an interview with a container company in Hull. All sounded good until boss man says if you have an accident and it’s proven it’s the drivers fault they will take half the cost of the damage of the driver weekly up to 250 quid a week! Does this in any way sound normal to you guys.

I haven’t read the other replies but I’ll be amazed if I’m the first to say that your reply should be variation on a theme of “[zb] off!”.

No way Jose!!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That was my exact reaction

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

had the pay as u damage bull dropped on me in 85 ,seems motors were being damaged ,I never signed and stayed out o the yard for ages but was given a week to make my mind up so I left …damage would have been a lot less if we didn’t have to sleep at traffic lights ,become world class at frisbie :unamused: and ferry times were written in blood!!

Conor:

peirre:
Name & shame the company

Definitely name and shame. Wonder if it was Middlegate as they seem to have a drivers wanted banner permanently affixed to their yard fence.

If you are desperate for fulltime work, live in Hull and are prepared to travel 20 miles to Goole then walk in to any agency and tell them you’re happy to do Tesco if the price is right. You’ll get all the work you ever want. Don’t accept anything below £10-£11/hr PAYE.

Middlegate is a decent enough firm to work for. Tesco work is pretty good on weekend rates to be fair. I know the firm the OP is talking about and how he gets anyone just beggars belief.

Guys… we don’t do the naming and shaming thing because you’d only get a one-sided rumour.

Do you honestly think that the firm is going to come on here and post publicly to confirm/deny a rumour??

Then we’d have to ponder the credibility the allegation, and the answer, and all with no way of knowing the truth.

:bulb: Here’s a nicely balanced way of thinking… Some firms tell lies, as do some drivers.

My honest advice with this subject is that all interested parties take it to PMs. (Please.) :wink:

mike_mccord:
Just been for an interview with a container company in Hull. All sounded good until boss man says if you have an accident and it’s proven it’s the drivers fault they will take half the cost of the damage of the driver weekly up to 250 quid a week! Does this in any way sound normal to you guys.

Apply for job in Stobart and no any problem.