Walked out of an interview today

chester1:
its employing the no brain johnny foreiners thats made him charge for the damage thay are who he’s sacking

Funny you say that cos that’s exactly how it was the firms gone bust now and not before time…

greggy:
how many people are going to beleive they can make you pay for damage.

they cannot make you pay. FULL STOP

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. If they say you pay, and dock you out of your wages, then there’s not a lot you can do to get that money back, because it’s in your contract.

Just don’t go there, don’t sign the damned contract, don’t work for crooks that’ll steal your pay on any pretence. :wink:

Holy thread revival !!

Just a quick question maybe somebody can answer.

How do these firms get around paying the national minimum wage that’s what I’d like to know? Not just this firm, probably most haulage firms that pay a daily rate and aren’t paying by the hour ■■?

If you’re working the max hours (13 & 15 hour days) you can a week it probably works out to about 5.85 per hour and that’s including your night out money. Without your night out money (… say 33.00 per night out x 5 nights) that’s 3.84 per hour !!!

Just wondered how the government, or even the EU impliments these rights yet they don’t extend to many drivers out there :question:

Stick a discrete decimal point on the contract before you sign it :wink:

hi all i went for an in interview this morning for a firm running down to italy. he interviewed 3 of us at same time but all he cud talk about was how often he sacked people and wot u had to pay for, inc first 500 of any damage. all thay wanted to pay was 480 pw for 2 weeks away and u had to do 2 italys and 2 frances in that time all tipping north uk. and all under the threat of the old tin tac. is it me or is that the norm on euro work these days. iv been driving 22 years and thought id heard it all.he even said he was thinking of sacking other 6 drivers as thay was in some sort of mind set ■■? p.s dont moan about my diction as im ■■■■■■ . take care all …chester.

chester1:
hi all i went for an in interview this morning for a firm running down to italy. he interviewed 3 of us at same time but all he cud talk about was how often he sacked people and wot u had to pay for, inc first 500 of any damage. all thay wanted to pay was 480 pw for 2 weeks away and u had to do 2 italys and 2 frances in that time. and all under the threat of the old tin tac. is it me or is that the norm on euro work these days. iv been driving 22 years and thought id heard it all. p.s dont moan about my diction as im ■■■■■■ . take care all …chester

As in ‘off’ or up?? If ‘off’ me to (i’ll try n put a piccy up tomorrow as to my reasoning) or if ‘up’…i’m trying to join ya but they’s flowing to well to notice :smiley:

up mate up ■■■■■■ off with crap jobs that are about at mo tho lol

■■■■ em, don’t work for ■■■■■■■

chester1:
hi all i went for an in interview this morning for a firm running down to italy. he interviewed 3 of us at same time but all he cud talk about was how often he sacked people and wot u had to pay for, inc first 500 of any damage. all thay wanted to pay was 480 pw for 2 weeks away and u had to do 2 italys and 2 frances in that time all tipping north uk. and all under the threat of the old tin tac. is it me or is that the norm on euro work these days. iv been driving 22 years and thought id heard it all.he even said he was thinking of sacking other 6 drivers as thay was in some sort of mind set ■■? p.s dont moan about my diction as im ■■■■■■ . take care all …chester.

You did right kid. Tell em to [zb] off.

chester1:
hi all i went for an in interview this morning for a firm running down to italy. 2 weeks away and u had to do 2 italys and 2 frances in that time all tipping north uk.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Let me guess all done legal in the hours with a speed limiter set at 85 kmh :question: .

Carryfast:

chester1:
hi all i went for an in interview this morning for a firm running down to italy. 2 weeks away and u had to do 2 italys and 2 frances in that time all tipping north uk.

Let me guess all done legal in the hours with a speed limiter set at 85 kmh :question: .

in fairnes he did say thay dont tolerate running bent and italy is transit swiss to milan area and french paris area

chester1:

Carryfast:

chester1:

in fairnes he did say thay dont tolerate running bent and italy is transit swiss to milan area and french paris area

Don’t know if I’ve read it right but does that mean UK-Paris-Milan-Paris-UK-Paris-Milan-Paris-UK in 2 weeks :question: .

No mate uk milan uk milan then two paris area -uk to get u back for following weekend. But cant say that he wont send u off to italy again if it falls that way all tipping leeds area base in kent

£480 per week, you could earn that on days in the uk or if you’re lucky just work saturday and sunday for an agency. Stobarts could run you friday to monday and i’m sure you’d be on more than that for easy, no hastle UK work. I don’t understand this yearning for “doing Europe” fair enough if it’s good money but many blokes do it for the same if not a lot less than running in the UK, I know all the arguments for preferring to run in Europe but I just wouldn’t do it unless there was a significant premium.

how many people are going to beleive they can make you pay for damage.

they cannot make you pay. FULL STOP

i’ve had such a crap week. will you get me the contact details of this knobhead. i really need to speak to him, as it will cheer me up.
thanks,
i’ll let you know how it goes.

why would you need to speak to him? :unamused:

glenman:
why would you need to speak to him? :unamused:

for a laugh. :unamused:
demoralising people like this ■■■ is good for my constitution.

Chester 1,was that a firm that is called Shropshire Container Services,based in Folkestone,they never answer their land line and mobile when calling them.■■