Job Adverts...Alarm Bells

albion:

Stanley Mitchell:
The last bit is spot on, but its the grandkid ~~that are just out of "uni" nowadays, not the 2nd generation, the son/daughter were obnoxious when they took over....but you aint seen nothing yet, compared to the 3rd generation…seeing this “element” more and more…pure “apprentice” behaviour with substantial businesses from my experience just lately :blush:~~
[/quote]
Couldn’t have put it better myself Stanley and applies to other businesses as well. :unamused:
[/quote]
Very true, its as if the “entitled” generation are on the march, and not having been told “NO” ever in their life, daddy and grandad cant start now after "investing" in Tarquins very expensive education…pure unadulterated spoilt brat behaviour coming soon to a business near you … :open_mouth: :unamused: :blush:

albion:
Class 1 driver wanted for UK and Euro work. Wages average but we pay a lot of non worked hours. Lot of double manning and nights out, but there are quite a few nights in hotels. Some days are long hours, others you barely turn a wheel. Job is totally unpredictable, could start at 23.00, could start at 11.00. Some weekend work, but not that much. Generally we don’t know what we are doing from one day to the next. Trucks vary in age, but we do maintain them well.
[/i]

I don’t think anyone would apply for that! :laughing:

I would relocate for a job like that!

xichrisxi:
“Must be flexible”…means you’ll be flexibly doing every hour god sends…

Also means you can easily bend over to be shafted

These things, as in spoilt offspring and business, tend to police themselves after a while.

I’ve never known older workers of good repute and work record to be so in demand, with the current entitled attitudes whether it be regular sick notes, pure idleness/incompetence or constant complaining or the now quite frankly ridiculous maternity rites (not a mispell), vast swathes of younger potential employees are making themselves almost unemployable, except for the bottomless moneypit public sector.

If a too entitled by half millenial MD fills vacancies with similar, it won’t be too long before the business is no longer viable.

[/quote]
decent drivers get head hunted
[/quote]
Why am I still waiting for a PM from you then? [emoji23]

Juddian:
These things, as in spoilt offspring and business, tend to police themselves after a while.

I’ve never known older workers of good repute and work record to be so in demand, with the current entitled attitudes whether it be regular sick notes, pure idleness/incompetence or constant complaining or the now quite frankly ridiculous maternity rites (not a mispell), vast swathes of younger potential employees are making themselves almost unemployable, except for the bottomless moneypit public sector.

If a too entitled by half millenial MD fills vacancies with similar, it won’t be too long before the business is no longer viable.

Spot on there Juddian…

I know one very large “own account” operation in the northwest, who are very big in their chosen market, where the grandson has virtually been given free rein, and has started to change various suppliers with “mates” [same age bracket, mid 20s] who fancy a chance of working for themselves…so, instead of a tried and trusted “sparky” who has done their telematics and cameras for years, who did all the work at night and weekends, and also would meet drivers on the road to rectify a malfunction…they now have a 20 something who is completely out of his depth, fitting sub-standard kit [cheapest] to a very poor standard, who wont work nights or weekends and certainly wont be chasing a truck somewhere down south with a tracker playing up, or the “FORS” spec camera isn’t working…

TBF, the grandson hasn’t been to “uni”, but he has had an expensive education…and he has that sense of entitlement which grates…

Daddy doesn’t say anything, as it`s his chosen heir and he fancies an early retirement :open_mouth:

Old school sparky has had to be called back in a couple of times because they buy trucks in the 10s, and “mate” can`t cope :blush:

Makes you wonder how this country will cope in the next 10/15 years, because the next “lot” don`t want it …

There are some good “kids” out there , and coming through, but they are few and far between… :neutral_face:

Juddian:
Only landed one job after answering an advert, worst job of my life by miles.
The rest have been either be recommendations, word of mouth, or cold calling.

Any advert is suspect because they needed to advertise, regular advertisers should be avoided like the plague.

^^^
This. Good employers will have a queue around the corner…

Oh good, the “^^^This” fella with his imaginary lorry is back.

Where’s the pictures you promised, Desmond?

“Exceeds NMW”

Means we’ve worked out the lowest salary we can pay for 3x15 and 2x13 hour days, minus 5x1 hr dinner breaks. If you do one minute less than that a week you’re exceeding the NMW

ezydriver:
“occasional nights out” = at least 3 nights out per week.
“temp to perm” = you’ll be temporarily working there, then permanently not, once Christmas is over.

Don’t forget the “Ongoing work, ongoingly” - (Drops dead on January 8th…)

“Paid via umbrella.”

“Start within 12 hours (from assessment/interview).” = We’re beyond desperate!!!

Nolans say immediate start after interview/assessment at the Runcorn depot, form an orderly queue.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ezydriver:
“occasional nights out” = at least 3 nights out per week.
“temp to perm” = you’ll be temporarily working there, then permanently not, once Christmas is over.

I thought that was the definition of “Ongoing work, ongoingly, long-term contract” ^^^^^^^^^^

(Ongoing work for us “consultants”, ongoingly bugger all in January, and long-term contract that we struggle to get drivers for, because the work is too bitty.

In a proper supply and demand capitalist driven market - the worst jobs, the infrequent jobs, the inconvenient jobs, and the one-off jobs - would all be paying top dollar like over £20 per hour.

Don’t sign up for any agency that doesn’t pay a minimum of 8 hours for turning up at the venue for a shift.
It’s the gig economy - you turn up - you get paid! Push this!.

ezydriver:
“Start within 12 hours (from assessment/interview).” = We’re beyond desperate!!!

Funny how they’re not desperate enough to give work to a fresh licencee, no assement required…

“Assessment” - 10 hours actually doing the job unpaid… Make sure you get paid for ALL the hours worked, including doing their “granny ■■■■■ eggs” assessment.