Driver required!

this adbvert was in thne local rag this week.

hgv driver required.must be flexible with start times.be prepared to work saturday when required and be at a pleasent disposition.for curainsider and tanker work on food products.in return we offer attractive rates of pay

so i thought i’ll give it a go and rung them.conversation went

him :hello (company name)
me:hi im intrested in the job advertised in the paper
him: o right
me: wondering if you can give me a few details about pay and nighs out,etc,etc
him :astonished: do you now
me:yes
him:sorry can’t do that you will have to come and see me
me:any reason ?
him:no,do you want the job or not.
me well i don’t know because your telling me nothing
him:well pop and see me on saturday and we will discuse it then,goodbye

this phone conversation was in a “i don’t give a [zb] attitude” from this bloke,i bet there queing at the saturday morning.

i for one won’t be going,this bloke was trying to get potential employees and it just couldn’t give a rats ■■■,i feel sorry for the blokes already working for him.

jon

Blokes like that deserve having their telephone number posted onto a website forum so lots of other people could phone him up and have the same conversation with him. After the conversation you had I wouldn’t go near him with your bargepole, never mind mine. If he’s like this during the recruitment stage what is he going to be like to work for■■? No thanks

hi jonboy…and there was me thinking you liked a challenge ■■..anyway whats up with your present job ■■..thought you were happy there…but on a serious note…the first impressions count dont they…and the way he spoke to you i would have given him a lowdown on what his company sounds like…sometimes i phone companies up for job vacancies…just to wind them up like asking for £150 a day cash for a 5 day week…dont get many offers though…but at least i tell them what i`m worth…gives them something to think about…see ya later mucker…
have a nice day

ive met and worked for that kind of ■■■■■■ before.. hell reap what he sows… good gaffers keep drivers-[zb]s shed `em faster than jordan gets through footballers… your better off out

Apt…but it had to go.L.:wink:

Had several like that over the last couple of weeks. Amazes me how it all changes if you manage to get past the first phone call, especially with any kind of agency job. Some say can you start tomorrow, you say, well tell me all about the job then, usual stuff, in particular whether all parking money is paid.
If they say to me, oh try not to park in services or if you can’t help it then don’t get the food voucher, then they have blown it. I park in services and Truckstops as much as poss, not as little as poss. No parking money means no job.

why not inform the local rag that it was advertised in and tell them that it’s in your paper and when you call them up they give you the bad attitude.see if they can withdraw the advert.this will get the guy to call the paper and ask why his advert ain’t in the paper anymore.then they can pass on all the complaints to him :laughing: