Italy help at any time

Wheel Nut:

Simon:

brit pete:
Get the set of 3 yes THREE atlas for Italy
these are the best ones at all good ITALIAN
truck-stops or motorway services,

The set of three are made of North, Middle and South.
Only get all three if you’ll NEED them.

I think coming on a ferry from Malta Orys, he may need all three! :stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer IP or Atlante Stradale Nord, Sud and Centro

Aye, but only if he’s delivering, if he’s transiting straight through to the North before delivering he’ll only need a basic road map for Sud and Centro. Thats all I meant. Each one of those books is expensive, worth there weight in gol;d if you need it, but an expensive mill stone if you don’t.

Coffeeholic:

bullitt:
ORYS■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Have you ever seen Orys and Simon in the same place at the same time? Thought not, so it could be… :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Your doing poor Orys a severe dis-service there. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mount Cenis is now a weight limit of 7.5 tons,this was the old way before the tunnels was built,before the tunnels were built,there was strong anti truck sentiment,as the plan was to have two lanes each way instead of one way traffic,the locals were concerned about pollution and higher traffic volumes if two lanes in and out were built,as then it was cheaper to build two lane traffic compared to it being too expensive to modify it now.

ther is an other way some may remember it from the old days and it was still open and is all year round and dont cost you a penny mount gennevro think i spelt it rite its a millitery road and is always open

karl2878:
ther is an other way some may remember it from the old days and it was still open and is all year round and dont cost you a penny mount gennevro think i spelt it rite its a millitery road and is always open

You thinking of the n94 col de Montgenevre?

yep if my memory serves me n94 out of breancon over the top then it splits right for sestriere left for susa was a good road to take when i used it with tight ■■■■■ strings

That’s great info. Thanks for sharing with us.

Most of the drivers i have met are not too keen on going there,they never say why,is it the road set up,the food,not sure why?

There is another shortcut to avoid the tolls,by going cross country in Lons de Sonier,they have put a weight limit on it,but it is not enforced,you go through some small villages,to Oyanax,then follow the national,which is hilly and slow,to Chambery,then national,to the tunnel to Italy.This would be a no no with ADR,as they have limited fire brigade cover in rural areas,and it attracts more attention,with the orange plates up that say stop me and buy one.

Simon:
Aye, but only if he’s delivering, if he’s transiting straight through to the North before delivering he’ll only need a basic road map for Sud and Centro. Thats all I meant. Each one of those books is expensive, worth there weight in gol;d if you need it, but an expensive mill stone if you don’t.

Very good advice, but if you read the original posters other threads, you may find he needs all the help he can get :laughing:

hello chaps, im shipping out to venice on sun, 10.04.11. was wondering do i have to pick up a set of snow chains before i leave? or has the date ended for carrying them ? cheers. :open_mouth: :blush:

I have never been stopped for chains going to Italy.

We are looking at taking an 18t box to Italy in a couple of weeks time, and I have not priced for Italy before. I have added all the usual costs, with diesel at an average rate, added nights out, ferries, Eurovignette for Belgium and Luxembourg, German Maut, Austrian go box and tolls, Italian tolls, CMR insurance. Have I got everything? I don’t think the route includes any bridge or tunnel tolls as far as I am aware? (Calais, Brugge, Brussels, Namur, Luxembourg, Merzig, Mannheim, Karlsruhe, Munich, Keifersfelden, Innsbruck, Bolzano, Verona, Venice). Any help / thoughts very welcome. (I am snowed under with paperwork so may be slow to answer any questions, but will check back later). Many thanks in advance.

remember to take into account all the “Driving Bans”" that are in force in all the
countrys YOUR vehicle will be passing through.look at the train system that operates
from GERMANY to ITALY as this can help avoid the ban but it is not cheap and you
need a confirmened reservation.

Helen,headlights on in the day time for all classes of vehicles in Italy.If going via Swiss,present the truck papers to obtain a card with the vehicle information on it,at the border,a French driver assited me in this process,as a small error will cause delays and inconvenience.It is card with a chip on it,that you swipe at a machine.