Isolation

I’m doing it to a extent , but did have a walk down & gaze
Through window of motorbike shop , then
Wander & gaze at the cars , stopped & got
A Costa , kitcat on walk back home from garage , 2 hrs
& did feel better for it

WaggerWagger888:
reading through this thread it struck me the number of drivers that live on their own. Probably spent 60 hours on their own tramping around the country or Europe. When I was working, 2 nights a week away was all I was prepared to do and there was always another driver willing to change runs but those type of jobs seem in short supply now. You’ve got to be a bit of a loner to prefer that kind of life and it seems plenty like it that way, but I always liked my home comforts. There wasn’t much call for 24/7 delivery in those days so we was able to work mon. to fri. and occasional sat., the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I read some of the shift patterns that are worked.

I’d love 2 nights out a week would be perfect for me but like you say near nobody has such an arrangement and as such I have to stick with regular days.

Too many companies are all about ‘sweating the asset’ and keeping the wheels turning 24/7.

dozy:
I’m doing it to a extent , but did have a walk down & gaze
Through window of motorbike shop , then
Wander & gaze at the cars , stopped & got
A Costa , kitcat on walk back home from garage , 2 hrs
& did feel better for it

Same here mate, got key workers letter so can come and go as I please bit like being the last man on earth at times :wink:

Been home since January when DVLA took licence off me due to ill health all hospital appointments cancelled

This is home for now. Day 10 of isolation and quiet …no neighbours and free.