Is anyone else having to self-isolate yet?

About five days ago, I started to develop a cough. I thought nothing much about it, until I started getting a tightness in my chest and was struggling to take deep breaths.
I’m sure it’s probably nothing, certainly nothing serious, as symptoms seem to have eased now, although they haven’t gone completely yet.
I would much rather be in work as opposed to being stuck in the house for the next two weeks. My missus is recovering from a throat operation, and my 2 year old has asthma, so I’d rather be away from them to minimise the risk of infecting them, but now all I can do is cross my fingers that neither one of them starts to develop symptoms.
So, is anyone else self-isolating, or am I the only unlucky one?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sounds like the bug that was going round Nottinghamshire about 4 weeks ago before it really kicked off here. Really horrific continuous cough where you often cant catch your breath.

Not self isolated however as that didn’t come in until long after, but if it’d hit now I would have prob been stuck off.

No idea if it was Corona as even the people hospitalised weren’t tested, but only those with serious COPD were seriously affected and then only 24 hours in hospital. Those with asthma and even one who’d jist finished Chemo weren’t too badly hit.

I have, at the start of the month due to contact with a confirmed case. I never got any symptoms, nor did my wife or son.

Yeah I’ve been self isolating since last Monday & haven’t been outside since then, I came back from Wigan on the train & felt lousy on the journey back.
I spent the next three days in bed sweating buckets with a high temp, My missus rang the Dr’s & he said if your husband can manage it just manage it & monitor it but don’t come into the surgery or go to the walk-in-centre.

I didn’t have any breathing difficulties or cough associated with the virus so I don’t know if it’s connected with the coronavirus or not as I’ve not been tested with being in self isolation!

This is part of the problem though, not knowing.

I dont know if I had it without symptoms, you guys dont know if its coronavirus or the flu etc etc. Say you guys do have it and expand that across the population and all.of a sudden confirmed cases rocket and people take it serious.

But due to lack of testing the numbers stay relatively low and that leads to complacency and scenes that we saw at the weekend.

toonsy:

I dont know if I had it without symptoms, you guys dont know if its coronavirus or the flu etc etc. Say you guys do have it and expand that across the population and all.of a sudden confirmed cases rocket and people take it serious.

But due to lack of testing the numbers stay relatively low and that leads to complacency and scenes that we saw at the weekend.

Exactly, I still have flu like symptoms but nowhere near as bad as last week. I’ve kept myself isolated in our back bedroom away from everybody with my missus leaving me meals & drinks by the door.

lancpudn:

toonsy:

Exactly, I still have flu like symptoms but nowhere near as bad as last week. I’ve kept myself isolated in our back bedroom away from everybody with my missus leaving me meals & drinks by the door.

And then you get the other side… like me. What’s to say yours isn’t just seasonal flu? That younwomt then catch it, or indeed I won’t catch it?

Its impossible to just have flu these days.

I am in the high risk group , I have a heart condition, had a stroke in the past and have obstructive sleep apnoea . So avioding as much as possible .
The complication is I am going through investigation for something nasty in my bladder . Due in hospital on Thursday for an op to remove a constriction and biopsies and treatment if required .
It needs doing but lots of risks about at the moment so it could all change at short notice.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bloody hell mate no wonder your grumpy with that lot… hope all goes well… :slight_smile:

I’m asthmatic so atm I’m hunkered down trying to ride out the storm so to speak, had some kind of respiratory problem dec/jan, lungs lost over 50% capacity and I was in a bad way, just about recovered from that so I’m ■■■■■■■■ myself over catching the bat death flu, don’t know if I’d make it :frowning:

asthmatics and diabetics are enough to trigger that letter from NHS England.