Are you happy in your own company

I’m sitting in the pub on my Todd and realised that I’m quite content to be on my own. Now don’t get me wrong, when someone I know turns up I’ll go over and have a chat but today I’m very happy sitting in the sun reading the paper and listening to the cricket on my earphones.
Of course the job requires us to be able to work alone but how many of you are happy in your own company in your own time?

Very happy. Very, very happy.
Not particularly anti-social, just can’t be bothered making the effort when I’m tired, which, when you get to a certain age seems to be most of the time.
Then again, I’m probably just a miserable, grumpy old git.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

yes i am now ■■■■ off your getting on me nerves… :wink: :laughing:

dexxy57:
Very happy. Very, very happy.
Not particularly anti-social, just can’t be bothered making the effort when I’m tired, which, when you get to a certain age seems to be most of the time.
Then again, I’m probably just a miserable, grumpy old git.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that sums it up nicely there my good man… :slight_smile:

the-older-i-get-the-more-i-realize-how-much-i-hate-people.jpg

i agree dd, the world is a wonderful place. its just full of humans who dont know how to treat it with respect and the more time passes the worse it will get… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Yes

Sure am, I like to just get out on my bike or go hill walking. I have been asked if its lonely, I say there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.

Yup, which is just as well since I’ve probably spent over 90% of my life alone and I happily live alone!

alamcculloch:
Sure am, I like to just get out on my bike or go hill walking. I have been asked if its lonely, I say there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely.

This! For many being alone and lonely is same thing for them but for us lucky few it’s anything but. Have no fear of doing anything alone, dinner, having a drink, go on holiday which some find weird.

On occasion i’m up for the company but the novelty wears off fast. Last couple of times I’ve had a new starter ride along it’s been a full 5 shifts. Explaining the job is done and dusted half way through day one then the rest of the week ends up splitting the driving up and chewing the fat. Mind you one lad no showed by day 4 so that might be part of their thinking to drag it out.

switchlogic:

alamcculloch:

This! For many being alone and lonely is same thing for them but for us lucky few it’s anything but. Have no fear of doing anything alone, dinner, having a drink, go on holiday which some find weird.

It’s only weird, when you have a ginster pie and Fanta, expecting a steak dinner o a Friday, or running in late on a Saturday.

discoman:

switchlogic:

alamcculloch:

It’s only weird, when you have a ginster pie and Fanta, expecting a steak dinner o a Friday, or running in late on a Saturday.

Is that written in code?

Have to agree with the above, I think the job attracts people who are. Got a family event in an hour and I just can’t be arsed with it. Quite happy with how things go where I bump into those I work with for 10-20 minutes at a time a few times a shift, go and see a friend or two for an hour for a brew and a quick catch up maybe once a week as they’re all working daft hours too.

I live along
I work alone
I travel alone
I go on holiday alone
Maybe there’s a theme building here …

It’s not my company, and if it was I would leave to be fair

I’m not antisocial,I’m just not a social person .

i find when have nights out am happy to go to a weathersppons etc have a meal and drink on my own.
yet when am home or off i dont really go as feel id be out of place going alone for a drink and a bite to eat .weird i know

I spend about 95% of my time, if not more, completely alone, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I could never do a double manning job, I like my own company too much.
Used to take mates with me sometimes years ago, but by the end of the week I was ready for being back on my own
Like to arrange to meet mates who are fellow drivers for a pint now and again on nights out, but I’m mostly on my own nowadays if I go for a meal and a pint, usually find that the lads I know are on opposite ends of country…or maybe they’re avoiding me. :laughing:

Weekends, I share my time with the wife, or a couple of mates if football is on, but on reflection most of my life is spent on my own, nature of the job.and I’m quite ok with that tbh.

switchlogic:

discoman:

switchlogic:

alamcculloch:

Is that written in code?

Make what you want of it, just putting it out there lol.