Is maritime the new stobart?

I’m a day rate with a company in Coventry. It was £130 a day 4 on 4 off but then the boss argued that that rate included any nights out, so dropped my wages to £110 a day, but is paying nights out at £25. Which was previously extra.

But for a 60 hour week working out at about £7.80 an hour I’m getting racked off with it. It was OK when I was on 10-12hr shifts, but now they’re pushing for 15 hour days with 9 hours off each night for as much as possible.

Maritime grab job from Stobart.Now they do to many Coca cola job.For Stobart not best time.Wincaton taked job back and Maritime grab job

Saratoga:
I’m a day rate with a company in Coventry. It was £130 a day 4 on 4 off but then the boss argued that that rate included any nights out, so dropped my wages to £110 a day, but is paying nights out at £25. Which was previously extra.

But for a 60 hour week working out at about £7.80 an hour I’m getting racked off with it. It was OK when I was on 10-12hr shifts, but now they’re pushing for 15 hour days with 9 hours off each night for as much as possible.

Time to jump ship then as I get more on cat C no maxing out every day

blue estate:

Saratoga:

Time to jump ship then as I get more on cat C no maxing out every day

Agreed, or if you are salaried then stop using POA, soon you’ll find your hours racking up and they’ll have to cut your hours back.
If on a day rate as such then you’re buggered cos stand down will cost you not them, so look elsewhere or go see the tight arse and get that £130 a day reinstated and £25 for the nights out on top, but do at least cut down on POA, its a fiddle mode to make you work unreasonable hours.

Saratoga:

Just. Say. No.

Conan the Librarian:

Saratoga:

Just. Say. No.

No

Do I win a prize?

Saratoga:

Assuming you are doing 5 day’s, £550 for 60 hours is not £7.80 per hour :confused:

It works out at just under a tenner. And if you were to have breaks deducted as most hourly paid jobs do, it’s over a tenner.

Not that bad tbh.

May be a bit Off topic,
but what does Maritime mainly do? Containers or Curtainsiders? Or a bit of both :question: :question: :open_mouth: :confused:

eagerbeaver:

Saratoga:

Assuming you are doing 5 day’s, £550 for 60 hours is not £7.80 per hour :confused:

It works out at just under a tenner. And if you were to have breaks deducted as most hourly paid jobs do, it’s over a tenner.

Not that bad tbh.

Which part of 4on-4off is confusing you?
:grimacing:

Tipperdipper1:
May be a bit Off topic,
but what does Maritime mainly do? Containers or Curtainsiders? Or a bit of both :question: :question: :open_mouth: :confused:

They used to be solely containers, but in the last few years developed their ‘distribution’ side, which uses curtsainsiders. The distribution side is growing all the time, and if it hasn’t already equaled containers, it can’t be too far off. Answer to your question - a bit of both.

As far as I’m aware, or certainly through my observation, if you’re on containers you stay on containers, and if you’re on distribution you’re 99.9% on distribution (you get a very occasional run to Felixstowe if distribution is quiet).

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

Saratoga:

Not that bad tbh.

Gotta stay off that Speckled Hen :blush:

eagerbeaver:

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

Saratoga:

Not that bad tbh.

Gotta stay off that Speckled Hen :blush:

Have you tried the Crafty Hen?

Do you mean Old Crafty Hen mate? If so, no. Is it any good? :astonished:

eagerbeaver:
Do you mean Old Crafty Hen mate? If so, no. Is it any good? :astonished:

Iz vewy good,

Hic.

:sunglasses: :grimacing:

ezydriver:

Tipperdipper1:
May be a bit Off topic,

They used to be solely containers, but in the last few years developed their ‘distribution’ side, which uses curtsainsiders. The distribution side is growing all the time, and if it hasn’t already equaled containers, it can’t be too far off. Answer to your question - a bit of both.

As far as I’m aware, or certainly through my observation, if you’re on containers you stay on containers, and if you’re on distribution you’re 99.9% on distribution (you get a very occasional run to Felixstowe if distribution is quiet).

Thanks for the info mate :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile:

Moving on now. Found something else to try. Similar final wage.