Ignorant drivers that don't say thank you

SouthEastCashew:

Andy7777:
Must agree it’s rare I get a thankyou off the forigners that pull in soon as their past my slow rigid but allso find Arctic do wat ever they want anyway so I don’t tend to flash anywhere near as much as when I started all of 6 month ago

Some artic drivers think they own the roads mate don’t stress over it.

We DO :sunglasses:

eagerbeaver:

SouthEastCashew:

Andy7777:
Must agree it’s rare I get a thankyou off the forigners that pull in soon as their past my slow rigid but allso find Arctic do wat ever they want anyway so I don’t tend to flash anywhere near as much as when I started all of 6 month ago

I flash in ridgids and Tesco home delivery vans (even though it’s not necessary) for the very reason that it must give them an immense boost to be acknowledged by a proper driver.

Tris:

eagerbeaver:

SouthEastCashew:

Andy7777:

I flash in ridgids and Tesco home delivery vans (even though it’s not necessary) for the very reason that it must give them an immense boost to be acknowledged by a proper driver.

See, we even look after those less fortunate than ourselves. :grimacing:

Radar19:

AndrewG:

Radar19:
Those Hamburger lights can’t be that old, we have brand new Krone Ferry trailers with them on.

Theyve been around for a very long time although the LED’s have mostly taken over and would imagine your Krones with hamburgers would be fitted with LED’s?
I actually like them, you can have up to 9 bulbs out without being pulled.Not that i run with bulbs out as its just an attention grabber but if they do blow on route its not an issue. Recently hitched up to one though with the whole wiring loom ripped out from the back, another hour repair job with the wire strippers and scotch locks…

The marker lights are LED but the tail lights are still standard bulbs. Had one where the brake light didn’t work, took the lense off, replaced the bulb and still nothing. Took the other apart to see the wiring, found no change between the two. Got annoyed so put them back together and lo-and-behold the brake light starting working.

You can get Hamburger lights as a LED option.

SuperMultiBlue:
Foreign trucks never receive a flash-in from me. Ever.

I’ve been driving trucks for over 30 years in the UK and most UK driver’s flash you in “when they’re happy with the space between you” .
I now drive a scania with a CZ reg plate and now only around 50% flash me back in, so I sit in the middle lane a little longer before pulling back in and upset the car drivers.

Before you all start I’m English and live in CZ.
WATFORD FC

Midlife64:

SuperMultiBlue:

I’ve been driving trucks for over 30 years in the UK and most UK driver’s flash you in “when they’re happy with the space between you” .
I now drive a scania with a CZ reg plate and now only around 50% flash me back in, so I sit in the middle lane a little longer before pulling back in and upset the car drivers.

WATFORD FC

I have a list of people I dont flash in;

Any 8 wheeler tipper in Leicestershire

Any Wren Kitchens rigid,

Any TP NIven,

Anyone pulling a Sawyers fridge (sorry Bigtruck :smiley: )

Any Goldstar.

All the rest get flashed. I have found that although some foreign motors may not flash you in, without fail all of them acknowledge and thank you for flashing them in.

the maoster:

Midlife64:

SuperMultiBlue:

WATFORD FC

Any Wren Kitchens rigid,

Any TP NIven,

Any Goldstar.

All the rest get flashed. I have found that although some foreign motors may not flash you in, without fail all of them acknowledge and thank you for flashing them in.

Yep with you on tipper drivers! Very ignorant and literally cut right in leaving the tiniest of gaps.

the maoster:

Midlife64:

SuperMultiBlue:

WATFORD FC

Any Wren Kitchens rigid,

Any TP NIven,

Any Goldstar.

If you’re being serious Maost :smiley:, there must be a reason for so many specifics…just curious.

Just everyday observations Rob, bad manners ■■■■ me off; wether it being not thanked for flashing out/in or not thanked for holding a door open for someone, certain things stick in my mind.

the maoster:
Just everyday observations Rob, bad manners ■■■■ me off; wether it being not thanked for flashing out/in or not thanked for holding a door open for someone, certain things stick in my mind.

Remind me never to cross you. :smiley:
But I know what you mean, I’m the same when it comes to bad manners.

robroy:
Remind me never to cross you. :smiley:

You have no worries in that respect Rob, you come across as the sort of guy who respects values. It’s not an age thing, it’s an upbringing thing, sod all to do with age colour or creed, more to do with respect. Christs sakes I’ve shared a glass or two with Eagerbeaver (who’ll hate me for saying this) is one of the nicest and most respectful guys you’ll ever meet.

My motto is to treat people in a manner in which I’d expect them to treat me. If they don’t then all bets are off as far as I’m concerned.

Just get over it.
If they say thank you then great but if they don’t then I am sure the world will continue to spin

the maoster:
My motto is to treat people in a manner in which I’d expect them to treat me. If they don’t then all bets are off as far as I’m concerned.

Couldn’t agree more mate, I’m the same.
Whether it be some young kid in Maccy Ds or a co MD, I never talk to anyone like ■■■■ on a first meet, but if they are arsey with me the MD gets the same reaction as the MaccyD kid would. Standing up to authority and status has never phased me in the slightest,…(.but has got me in bother many times in the past. :smiley: )

I hate with a ■■■■ passion these ■■■■.s who think they can talk down to you only because you drive a truck.
I leave them in no doubt whatsoever that they have ■■■■■■ me off, and I am not some sort of dickwhit, …they soon re.act accordinglly. There is no need for it.

As for not getting an acknowledgement for a flash in, doesn’t really fuss me, but I do notice it after saying that, but just yet another example of a steerer rather than a real driver imo.

For the sake of transparency, I have to be honest and admit I bribed The Maoster to say nice things about me :neutral_face:

(I am actually a pretty awful human being) :grimacing: