I’m such an awesome driver

jakethesnake:

Conor:

cgscott:
I just leave my trailer plate off and horse onwhen doing the M6 run.

Unit numberplate is on the passenger side, same side as speed cameras on smart motorways as they’re fixed to the side of the sign, not over each lane. So unless you take the unit numberplate off as well they’ll find out who you are. No numberplates but the company name all over the trailer and a trailer number that can be read in the photos and you’re still stuffed.

You seem to forget some are not bright enough to work these things out. [emoji38]

Never thought of that. .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Conor:

cgscott:

Unit numberplate is on the passenger side, same side as speed cameras on smart motorways as they’re fixed to the side of the sign, not over each lane. So unless you take the unit numberplate off as well they’ll find out who you are. No numberplates but the company name all over the trailer and a trailer number that can be read in the photos and you’re still stuffed.

No livery plain curtainsider. And a wee bit of black electrical tape to alter front plate. Its a no brainer. But some will tell you theres no logic or brains left in a pofeesional driver nowadays. Only classed as pofessional if they can set up dashcams and upload to utoobe.

cgscott:

Conor:

cgscott:

No livery plain curtainsider. And a wee bit of black electrical tape to alter front plate. Its a no brainer. But some will tell you theres no logic or brains left in a pofeesional driver nowadays. Only classed as pofessional if they can set up dashcams and upload to utoobe.

And you would class someone as professional because they would go to the trouble of taping number plates which is an offence to not have it properly displayed, properly meaning displayed in the first place and with the correct font, size and spacing, just so you can do a bit of a speed limit?

Conor:

cgscott:

I dont think he was being serious :wink:

Rowley010:
And you would class someone as professional because they would go to the trouble of taping number plates which is an offence to not have it properly displayed, properly meaning displayed in the first place and with the correct font, size and spacing, just so you can do a bit of a speed limit?

Perhaps cgscott is like an increasing number of people here who don’t care one way or another what you think, perhaps they know that the world doesn’t revolve around what upsets you, perhaps they are genuinely ambivalent as to whether you succeed or fail, thrive or die. Maybe they genuinely do not care one iota.

Or perhaps they see someone so predictable with his responses that they’ll poke him simply because they derive entertainment from his teeth gnashing and obvious anguish?

I dunno, could be either or none tbh.

the maoster:

Rowley010:

Perhaps cgscott is like an increasing number of people here who don’t care one way or another what you think, perhaps they know that the world doesn’t revolve around what upsets you, perhaps they are genuinely ambivalent as to whether you succeed or fail, thrive or die. Maybe they genuinely do not care one iota.

Or perhaps they see someone so predictable with his responses that they’ll poke him simply because they derive entertainment from his teeth gnashing and obvious anguish?

Nah everyone cares what I think, I don’t care what you think

You keep telling yourself that sweet cheeks.

the maoster:
You keep telling yourself that sweet cheeks.

No problem darling

Rowley010:

the maoster:

Rowley010:

Yeah they care what you think alright but the problem is that they don’t like it.

The truth always hurts. :wink:

jakethesnake:

Rowley010:

the maoster:

Rowley010:

Yeah they care what you think alright but the problem is that they don’t like it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jakethesnake:

Rowley010:

the maoster:

Rowley010:

jakethesnake:

Rowley010:

Rowley010:

:neutral_face: Jakey, Jakey, Jakey, C’mon man… : :unamused:

Speaking for myself, and I’d bet a month’s wages 99.9% of the other members on here, I think without fear of contradiction, that absolutely NOBODY cares nor gives a flying ■■■■ what your mate thinks tbh. :wink:
Just saying like.

Can we find a sponsor and have a forum Truck driver of the year competition.We can then see who is awesome.

WheelsofCardiff:
Can we find a sponsor and have a forum Truck driver of the year competition.We can then see who is awesome.

How would you, or anyone else, define ‘Awesome’ regarding truck drivers?
Most miles without accidents?
Most unpaid parking fines?
Closest to the bumper of the car in front?
Biggest pay packet?
Best earner for boss?
Best mpg?
Loudest exhaust?
Shiniest dashboard?
Fastest 90deg reverse onto a bay?
How could you choose?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WheelsofCardiff:

I blindsided onto a bay, with no shunts, in the rain this morning.

Hand me my prize peasants

The-Snowman:

WheelsofCardiff:

I blindsided onto a bay, with no shunts, in the rain this morning.

Hand me my prize peasants

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i did a 27 hour spreadover on monday with 15 hours driving in it with a hooked up tangfastic gruntmobile.

leave n.i across on the early boat,drive to leeds,bradford,halifax,shaw,scouseland,blackburn,witton gilbert near durham,then flat lit for the boat home.
a snooze on both boats,and a nod when tipping and loading.
ignored every speed limit other than it was mega windy and nearly kakked myself a few times.
trace perfect,and all looking legal upon inspection.
obviously anyone like rowley got left for dead after a few mins.
hand over that prize before you get too comfortable with it…amatures :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

Franglais:

WheelsofCardiff:

How would you, or anyone else, define ‘Awesome’ regarding truck drivers?
Most miles without accidents?
Most unpaid parking fines?
Closest to the bumper of the car in front?
Biggest pay packet?
Best earner for boss?
Best mpg?
Loudest exhaust?
Shiniest dashboard?
Fastest 90deg reverse onto a bay?
How could you choose?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No award for over inflated ego? But then again, how would you measure it and what would the units be?

Use the same format as bus driver of the year highway code test and drive different units .Bus drivers have theirs in Blackpool every year.We can have ours.

Why not run the Trucker of the year competition to fit in with the type of driver most firms prefer and want these days, rather than be old fashioned? :bulb:

So this is how you would stand a chance of winning…

1. Behave like a brainwashed robot, never showing any initiative.

2. Never question any instruction however unreasonable or impossible, and try and achieve it.

3. Your standard answer to boss being ‘Yes’, hence become one of or the only firm’s designated ‘Yesman’.

4.Rush around like your arse is on fire, carving up jobs for those who run sensibly.

1. Agree with the boss’s theory that everybody who does run sensibly is either stringing the job out, lazy, or both,.and that anybody who does not adhere to points 1, 2 and 3 is a trouble maker.

6.Grass up your fellow drivers at every opportunity.

7.Repeat all corporate b/s that they feed you, such as ‘‘In cab cameras are for YOUR benefit, and if you’re doing nothing wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about’’ …and such crap.

(Anymore anybody?)

So basically be a complete arse hole at your firm, and you will win the competition,.and be your firm’s star driver. :sunglasses:
Good luck guys. :wink:

I personally know a couple of potential candidates who could be the winner,.as I’m sure you all do … :laughing:

robroy:
Why not run the Trucker of the year competition to fit in with the type of driver most firms prefer and want these days, rather than be old fashioned? :bulb:

So this is how you would stand a chance of winning…

1. Behave like a brainwashed robot, never showing any initiative.

2. Never question any instruction however unreasonable or impossible, and try and achieve it.

3. Your standard answer to boss being ‘Yes’, hence become one of or the only firm’s designated ‘Yesman’.

4.Rush around like your arse is on fire, carving up jobs for those who run sensibly.

1. Agree with the boss’s theory that everybody who does run sensibly is either stringing the job out, lazy, or both,.and that anybody who does not adhere to points 1, 2 and 3 is a trouble maker.

6.Grass up your fellow drivers at every opportunity.

7.Repeat all corporate b/s that they feed you, such as ‘‘In cab cameras are for YOUR benefit, and if you’re doing nothing wrong, you’ve nothing to worry about’’ …and such crap.

(Anymore anybody?)

So basically be a complete arse hole at your firm, and you will win the competition,.and be your firm’s star driver. :sunglasses:
Good luck guys. :wink:

I personally know a couple of potential candidates who could be the winner,.as I’m sure you all do … :laughing:

Despite what you think of me rob I don’t do ANY of that list. Good list though and quite an accurate description of some drivers that I’ve seen about for different companies including my own.