M6 j21a going north

Trunking up and down the M6 I stick to the 50 mph limit from junction 21A north for as far as the restrictions go ( and coming south too) many other trucks pass on the limiter, makes me wonder how they don’t get costly photo in the post! How?

Prosecution guideline of 10%+2mph 50+5+2=57, driving on limiter at 56 probably only actually 53 mph with the speedo over reading that to 56…

1 Like

As above. A bit of leeway built in and speedo’s always read fast so there’s no excuse when you do get a ticket. I use the A9 in Scotland a lot and use an Android app called DigiHUD Speedometer which keeps track of your average speed, never had a ticket since using it.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. Still not sure if I will risk it haha.

How do you know they aren’t getting done for it? You don’t.

On A1(M) which I use daily, there’s plenty of Average Speed Cameras to go with the 50mph limit, and I don’t see too many people chancing it

1 Like

I don’t! But I see so many people of the same companies doing it I would assume word would have got around! But it’s consistent and I trunk up and down there all the time and it’s just what I see. The previous 2 replies to my question offer an explanation as to why tho. I’m in no way saying you should do it if you can get away with it but I was curious as to why so many do do it.

Ah… You’re using a rare and restricted facility there: common sense :smile:
It’s a thing that seems to be actively discouraged in modern life.

Why do so may people break all of the other rules, for example load security or using their phones while driving?

Either they don’t know, don’t care, or think “it won’t happen to me”. Then they blame police or DVSA when they do get nicked for it and never think “Dang! I wish I’d used some common sense…”

1 Like