M6 smart motorway j 19-16 be aware

1st day travelled down this section for about 2 weeks. I know it supposedly opens in march.

anyway coming south where road works start all 4 lanes done 1 coned off for sign testing I see new road signs 60mph with picture camera underneath. next sign 60 mph happy days.
so am travelling along at 56 probably for 10 miles then i happen to notice signs changed back to 50mph no idea where they changed . i think its a con as all cars obv doing 60 like me never noticed it chaged to 50 half way along still doing 60 so can probably expect a ticket through the door.
think i spooted it slowed down in time

No need to worry if yo were between 18 and 19 there was a speed increase a couple of weeks ago

gov.uk/government/news/m6-s … as-getaway

edd1974:
1st day travelled down this section for about 2 weeks. I know it supposedly opens in march.

anyway coming south where road works start all 4 lanes done 1 coned off for sign testing I see new road signs 60mph with picture camera underneath. next sign 60 mph happy days.
so am travelling along at 56 probably for 10 miles then i happen to notice signs changed back to 50mph no idea where they changed . i think its a con as all cars obv doing 60 like me never noticed it chaged to 50 half way along still doing 60 so can probably expect a ticket through the door.

Admits Driving without Due Care and ATTENTION!!

The speed limit change is under Junction 18 in both directions. Clearly signed in both directions.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Traffic Rat:

edd1974:

The speed limit change is under Junction 18 in both directions. Clearly signed in both directions.

No fluffy bunnies or nuns were hurt, so no offence committed.

Yeah seen it Monday. I was going north though first so it was 50 to 60 so going back I was looking out for it. Cop car sat right on top on J18 too, where it drops to 50…

P.S aren’t there some right pretentious ■■■■■ on here.

toonsy:
P.S aren’t there some right pretentious [zb] on here.

Best comment in a while [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Traffic Rat:

edd1974:

Reminds me of the bloke who clipped my mirror as he drove his artic through roadworks in a 6’6" max width lane. When I caught up with him he said he hadn’t seen the narrow lane signs. Oh, well that’s alright then!

I got flashed M1 j16/17 when the signs said they were testing,nothing came of it

18 to 19 in both directions is 60mph, there’s no mystery the signs are clearly up for 50mph for the rest of it from 18 to 16. If you were paying attention to what’s going on around you then you’d know that :smiley: Only messing mate it’s an easy one to miss, but that’s where they do change right at junction 18

Was looking out for this last night and the limit changes under the bridge at J18 with a couple of battered up old 50 signs (no yellow borders).

I only noticed it as I’d read this and unless you’re reading all the same repeating signs for miles its very easy to miss. Petsonally I’m more worried about the other traffic and where the roadworkers are, than reading every repeating sign for 20 miles.

Did notice most traffic was doing 50 all the way as presumably nost people are just used to the old limit so not sure this new one is actually going to do any good.

toonsy:
Cop car sat right on top on J18 too, where it drops to 50…

Well…what a ■■■■ surprise eh :unamused: .

Literally a ‘‘Speed trap’’ . :smiling_imp:

It’s great, now the signs say 60mph cars are finally doing 50 !

I wouldn’t worry too much by 60 / 50 change. Some report doing flat out though there without problems.

ajt:
It’s great, now the signs say 60mph cars are finally doing 50 !

I wouldn’t worry too much by 60 / 50 change. Some report doing flat out though there without problems.

Mark Thompson has a fleet of trucks going flat out through the road works ever since they’ve been there and the must not be getting tickets for it