I have a rare, real drivers lorry

UKtramp:
Well as everyone seems to know so much about driving and lorrys on here, I love classic lorrys and feel privileged to be given a fantastic real drivers lorry. I doubt many on here would even be able to drive this. So lets see who knows what my lorry is. Obviously it is a scania and a V8, I will say these have a massive following. So here are a few pics of the dash, the real drivers of you will know what it is, the auto RDC bods, will have no idea. It will be interesting to see who actually are the real drivers and know there stuff, old school and fun to drive, proper lorry for a proper driver. I cant show the outside of the cab as our name is splattered all over it and because of the stalking hatred towards me on here, I do not want anyone knowing who I am or where I work.

Is it white by any chance?

Captain Caveman 76:

xichrisxi:
Strange that even though you drive the lorry all day long you had to get a picture of it from google images taken in 2016 to use as your avatar …note how the barrier is exactly in the same place just above the O/S headlight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bumped I to him at glews garage when he was doing the straw runs. He was in a wag n drag, but not the lorry in his profile pic.

Andrew had asked this question ages ago and I had said it was just a stock photo. No way would I post on here where I work. I would appreciate you not saying on here Cavey where I work. I know you are better than to say where, you can understand I don’t want anyone knowing. I don’t mind you knowing as I know your not likely to cause any problems. Cheers.

truckyboy:
Yep deffo a scania…with a built in sat-nav. :smiley:

that’s not a sat nav :smiley: it is a reverse camera. Only modern thing on it. It is a beautiful old truck though.

No idea. That’s me ruled out of the real driver competition then. Hey ho, back to the beer methinks.

robroy:
143 450?
And for extra points…on a M plate.

123 V8 rob, completely rebuilt and full engine rebuild. side pipes makes it sound a real monster. M reg m8 spot on. Like me it is a real head turner, now my regular motor, beautiful to drive but have to be careful as it has so much torque if you step on the accelerator hard it will and has snapped the prop.

robroy:
143 450?

Never owned one but drove one for Cantrell Transport Norwich a couple of times down to the s.o.f, it wouldnt be out of its league even today in the power stakes, a great truck…

Conor:
No idea but its on rest with the engine running and given the cruise control knob is pulled out in the first piccy I’m assuming he’s using PTO gear.

Its not a cruise control, although you could theoretically use it as one. Would be bloody dangerous to use it as a cruise control as you would be stamping on the brakes and it would keep going second you let off them as well as pushing against them. It is used to set your idling speed,

AndrewG:

robroy:
143 450?

Never owned one but drove one for Cantrell Transport Norwich a couple of times down to the s.o.f, it wouldnt be out of its league even today in the power stakes, a great truck…

Your right there Andrew, it is one of the most powerful in our fleet. It can hold its own against just about anything. It is the pride of our fleet and given and trusted only for me to drive. Most of the lads at our place cannot even start it, let alone drive it.

Iam no scania fan but that tacho head dates from the 2 series models circa 88 ? I reckon the later 3 series have that poxy cover on making it a square door .

Looks like I’m off the list of “real drivers” 48 years ( and still counting) and hadn’t a clue what it is !! Never drove a Scania before the 4 series, then I bought one.

Only having ever drove Volvos in the 80’s , so sorry … I’m out !! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

The plural of lorries is LORRIES not lorrys …you dweeb.

The adjective for a failed fridge repair man who pretends he knows about trucking is trolling dweeb.

“dweeb” aint heard that in years. PMSL

Now what’s that programme that used to be on ITV…ah, Fantasy Island & we have our very own Tatoo…”zee plane zee plane”…

Heisenberrg:
The plural of lorries is LORRIES not lorrys …you dweeb.

The adjective for a failed fridge repair man who pretends he knows about trucking is trolling dweeb.

Do you ever have anything constructive to say??,boring does not even get near to it.

As one of the few here who had the fun of driving one of Scania’s last proper claim to fame wagons, the 143 was a fantastic truck in its day. But then they lost the plot, and could not find it today if it had a large flashing arrow pointing at it…

the nodding donkey:
As one of the few here who had the fun of driving one of Scania’s last proper claim to fame wagons, the 143 was a fantastic truck in its day. But then they lost the plot, and could not find it today if it had a large flashing arrow pointing at it…

Ours is worth a lot of money, the company has spent a lot on it and it drives like its new. Just the sound of it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I don’t think today’s scanias are as good. Tricky to drive after driving an auto for a while, once past the learning curve, what a truck. I absolutely love it.

Mark500:
Now what’s that programme that used to be on ITV…ah, Fantasy Island & we have our very own Tatoo…”zee plane zee plane”…

What was Tatoo’s favourite type of crisps?

The plain, The plain. :smiley:

youtu.be/USfKJYZcUmI

UKtramp:

robroy:
143 450?

123 V8 rob, completely rebuilt and full engine rebuild. side pipes makes it sound a real monster. M reg m8 spot on. Like me it is a real head turner, now my regular motor, beautiful to drive but have to be careful as it has so much torque if you step on the accelerator hard it will and has snapped the prop.

123 V8 ■■
That’s a new one on me.
I’ve driven 81, 111, 141, 112, 82, 142, 113, 143, and a couple of 4 series (as avatar) but cannot remember model no.s …but a 123, never heard of one. :neutral_face:

robroy:

UKtramp:

robroy:
143 450?

123 V8 ■■
That’s a new one on me.
I’ve driven 81, 111, 141, 112, 82, 142, 113, 143, and a couple of 4 series (as avatar) but cannot remember model no.s …but a 123, never heard of one. :neutral_face:

143 you knew what I meant… my typo