HUGE Breaking News Story - Big Drug Bust in Kent

Winseer:
ANY system can be cracked.
All you need is the orginal device to be reverse-engineered, Eg. an actual Enigma machine…
To be able to beat any system in “one person” - the best method is to get hold of the original engineer who devised that system.

Enigma was a typically German idea of unecessary complication.Which was sunk by its own resulting flaws IE a silly encryption device beaten by a better bigger solving one.Ironically the fact that acting on the information would have alerted the enemy that it had been cracked was its strong point.So we had to stand by and allow loads of casualties only acting on a limited basis to make them think it was just coincidence.

As opposed to the keep it simple method used between SOE and the resistance.Code is more difficult to crack than encryption.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Lond … d_messages

youtube.com/watch?v=0gDgNi30spA

Beau Nydel:

dieseldog999:
dbowye7890n3 &£%_ndgh nbsdo07^)nf£nI klegyi93%* jaffa cake layby :open_mouth:

And dozy understood every word :wink:

He would,it’s just plain English he has trouble with :smiley:

Carryfast:

Winseer:
ANY system can be cracked.
All you need is the orginal device to be reverse-engineered, Eg. an actual Enigma machine…
To be able to beat any system in “one person” - the best method is to get hold of the original engineer who devised that system.

Enigma was a typically German idea of unecessary complication.Which was sunk by its own resulting flaws IE a silly encryption device beaten by a better bigger solving one.Ironically the fact that acting on the information would have alerted the enemy that it had been cracked was its strong point.So we had to stand by and allow loads of casualties only acting on a limited basis to make them think it was just coincidence.

As opposed to the keep it simple method used between SOE and the resistance.Code is more difficult to crack than encryption.

Agreed. Take a small diamond out of it’s ring mount, and chuck it at a sand dune in plain sight, but during a sandstorm, say… attempting to follow where it landed…

You’ll never find it again!

Take the same sized diamond - and lock it in a safe with an unbreakable lock on it, throwing that entire safe at the same dune in the same circumstances - and sooner or later, someone will crack it, because they know it’s in there as “Reward” for their efforts in getting it out.
Trying to find something small enough that it clearly isn’t worth the mountain of labour required to find it “hidden in plain sight” - is a far better protection as a result.

“Location of Target” is 99% of the problem of getting inside a difficult target.
Osama bin laden - was a piece of ■■■■ to deal with, once Musharaff gave up his exact location, not that he necessarily knew that location beforehand…

“Good Intel” then.

The FBI meanwhile might go softly softly on “Giz” because they could use this minnow to catch a whale, IF they play their cards right with her…
Alternatively, they might not pay those guarding her enough, and she duly gets “suicided” now as we all expect. :unamused:

The police action in acting everywhere in quick succession/at once - was for that reason you stated that "The device would not be trusted again by those using it beforehand, so it was necessary to wait wait wait until the temptation of taking over 700 monied scumbags down at once - was too big to resist. Some “undercrimes” might indeed have been ignored along the way, although the news articles suggest that scores of underworld killings have ALREADY been prevented now that the would-be “enforcers” were taken as part of this operation…
It would be that provrbial 177th kid stabbed on some London street last week - that was the proverbial one “left to run it’s course” - lest it blow the operation prematurely otherwise… :neutral_face:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Lond … d_messages

youtube.com/watch?v=0gDgNi30spA

biggriffin:

the maoster:
£900 for a phone? Mugs. Just use Whatsapp! Fully encrypted and free to use.

The people using the €900 phone thought it was an un-crackable encrypted system, as do wats-app, same as the Jerry’s thought enigma was unbreakable,… If someone says it can’t be done, somebody else will try to say it is possible.

The only thing in this world that’s neigh on impossible, Is Dozy being home on a Friday for steak dinner… :smiley:

My inbox is often filled with advert spam for “getting some kind of VPN” which happens to be a subscription service, of course…

…Not much good if the vendor OF the VPN then harvests all that naughty data you’re no doubt now going to be “hiding for a good reason” eh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytM7GFKbVEc Time in: 34m 27s
https://youtu.be/ytM7GFKbVEc?t=2067

“Now to make sure no one takes photographs of Thunderbird 1… - Except me of course! Muhaahahaa!!”

Interesting that Alan Turing used a backdoor entry method, with reverse engineering.

Keeping the police on top while you locate the ring mount is part of the Enigma and then the criminals simply kiss him goodbye.

Wheel Nut:
Interesting that Alan Turing used a backdoor entry method, with reverse engineering.

I understand it is a prerequisite for a “logic switch” :open_mouth:

What I can’t understand is why they’ve told everybody they have managed to infiltrate the ‘network’

Surely keep it quiet and catch them out without them ever knowing?

Thejpmshow:
What I can’t understand is why they’ve told everybody they have managed to infiltrate the ‘network’

Surely keep it quiet and catch them out without them ever knowing?

The network I suspect, was created BY the international agencies for a one-shot use such as this…

next time around, the police will have to come up with something different…
Maybe being told that “Bitcoin cannot be tracked” is a complete lie, and in fact it is far easier to track than normal money…?
Maybe both the security agencies and Apple lied when they said “Nope, we’re not letting the FBI have accesss to a locked-out phone, even one belonging to a criminal mastermind”…
For all we know - the American Agencies - have already come to a secret deal with ALL phone makers - giving them access to it ALL for a fat “subscription” fee, of course…
…Then there’s the way the Chinese routinely pair-off with visitor’s phones - so serious that UK delegations to China are known to have been ordered to “Leave your regular phone in the UK when travelling to China, take a burner phone for the occasion, and discard it before returning to the UK”…

Don’t forget as well, that it is possible that penetrating this network - isn’t entirely done with it’s bountiful harvest as yet…

Big-time crooks all over the world are quaking in their boots for more reasons than being involved in just drugs after all…

What about People Trafficing, in particular young kids?
…Bust a few outfits involved in everything from “■■■■■■ Express” to “Witchcraft” and “Satanic Rights” involving some poor kid’s mutilated torso?

It is my understanding that these recent arrest - include such criminals involved at “Organized Crime” levels in such activities…

Maybe penetrating this network - blew the cover of one Ms Maxwell recently too?

The crooks now arrested - knew the game was up, when they realized their network had been compromized, likely from the very beginning…
No point the police keeping it secret - as the “Secret getting out” was probably the trigger for the big bust move, that we’re only now hearing of days and weeks after the event(s)

AndieHyde:

Wheel Nut:

!

Franglais:

AndieHyde:

Wheel Nut:

!

Winseer:
Britain's biggest ever crime bust sees 746 arrested after 'WhatsApp for criminals' Encrochat infiltrated
Rochester - is visible out of my windows, so the co-ordinated action has been very smooth, from what little I’ve seen of it going on around mere here in Medway.
“County Lines” and “Illegal business going on in Laybys” aside,

… The police have had a damned good day today, by the looks of it.

I’ll just say “Nice Collar officer”… :smiling_imp:

This sort of thing is like ■■■■ to a law & order freak like me, of course. :blush:

Meanwhile, a mile away in Chatham…

Chatham Express shop closed by police after illegal tobacco sales and antisocial behaviour since 2018

Mickey Mouse ■■■■, Pills, OTC Drugs - and possible bootleg other stuff as well, very likely…

The BBC coverage states that it appears the bust came about because the actual chat network HACKED by our authorities…

The very thing that the security services of even America used to say “Couldn’t be done” not so long ago…
“EnchroChat”…

Hundreds arrested as crime chat network cracked - BBC News

They would like to to believe it was hacked great PR fir the police but the reality is that they either seized a phone or was given a phone buy someone they lifted And grassed to avoid charges with chats from several groups

If the system is so-called “Secure” then taking possesion of a perp’s phone - won’t do you any good neither - will it?

It would be like nicking random guy’s Iphone and asking them to re-write the code already on it that pertains to their personal data…

If the perp can’t code - the whole issue dies on the spot as an “attempt to access”, and “security is maintained” by that best method I’ve already mentioned:

Absolute Ignorance of the end User.

Torture shipping containers found @ Dutch docksides…

More busts from the great police “Enigma Hack” it seems…

The Dragnet - continues…

Perp from Rochester involved again…
I’m wondering how many Mr/Ms Bigs there are from that particular neck of the woods, as there’s alot of brudder-owned isolated properties in the area, especially around the area between Blue Bell Hill and Borstal…

More crackdowns… It is a shame they cannot deal with this power vacuum now appearing, where EEs get to take over all the former local gangster positions, supplying “Happy Crack”, and the like.

I always wondered how someone working flat out on minimum wage - could afford to buy and run a newish looking foreign numberplated BMW or Merc to be fair…

Whatever sentence they get won’t be enough because they’ll still be alive afterwards.

peterm:
Whatever sentence they get won’t be enough because they’ll still be alive afterwards.

I was thinking of chucking them in jail on video evididence for merely throwing as much as an egg off a bridge…

That way, an example has been set, and there’s less likely to be some toerag in the future who’ll make it a brick and upwards, ending up killing someone…

Toerags in Jail, Example set to deter other toerags, of which there are many, and future lives saved.
Wot’s not-to-like here?

All it needs is a change in policy rather than the CPS deciding anything at all. CPS automatically says “proceed to court” if there is good footage.
It isn’t that hard to get with a flip camaera taking routine HD footage these days.
It is only the criminal elements themselves that try to pretend some grainy picture is the real Mccoy. The CPS probably won’t wear anything shot from too far away, or below 720p as some kind of “Sensibility Drive” for our future post-EU justice system, hopefully… The European Court of Justice would probably say that only a confession not achieved by torture - is enough to convict anyone these days…