Planted illegal substances....update

hi guys
you may have read my post dated feb 06. if not please read first…
now i can update anyone interested with this case.
The case went to crown court in Canterbury last Tuesday 4April 06. With the end to this fiasco in sight we were more than happy to get it all over with finally after 10 months of waiting.
on tuesday the prosecution put their case forward with little / no evidence (i dont actually see how the cps has let it go to court) most of what the prosecution put forward just seemed to strengthen the case that the driver knew nothing of his surprise cargo… at the end of court on Tues our barrister confirmed this and said we had no problems …
However on the Wednesday we entered court to start the defence hearing but before the judge allowed the jury into the court room he Announced that it had been brought to his attention that someone had been speaking to the jury after court on the Tuesday in the jurors canteen…?
Apparently 1 girl from our jury had come forward and told the court usher that she and others had been approached in the canteen by a man who asked if they were on the case of the truck driver with the drugs…they replied yes ! (i know they are not surposed to speak of the case to anyone !!) The man then saw fit to inform them that “the driver is well known in the underworld and is a big drug dealer” (REALLY WOULD A "BIG " DEALER BE DRIVING A TRUCK?) the last and only time the driver has had any contact with the law he got his ear clipped by the village bobby for pinching a mars bar when he was 11… he is now 51 not a bad record eh…
however this having been said the judge saw no alternative but to sack the jury and adjourn the case for another 2 weeks when a new jury will be sworn and we can start again…
i think this is a poor attempt by customs to try and taint the minds of the jury and get the conviction of an innocent man…
As our barrister said if the girl had not come forward with this information anything could have happened. we are lucky she had the balls to come forward as at least 4 other jurors didn’t until questioned…
many people have said to “go to the newspapers with our story” but our barrister says if we do their wont be a court in the country that can hear the case…maybe after the case you will read it in the papers but rest assured YOU WILL READ IT HERE FIRST…
many thanks for the help and support you have given and i will update with outcome hopfully in 2 weeks…

when i read the above story …what came to mind was the same as you…thank god the girl decided to be honest and come forward…
supposing she hadnt…and then she sits there hearing the case…and then when the jury retire to consider the verdict …she has a chat vwith the rest of the jury and says…i believe that driver is a big drug dealer…and is well known in the underworld…you would be getting a big guilty verdict if the rest of the jury went along with it…and no one else said anything to the judge …just a thought …and good luck with the case anyway…