How bad are turners

Bad time of year to be going to Brakes, via an agency they’ll drop you like a stone when the school holidays start.

halewood:
Bad time of year to be going to Brakes, via an agency they’ll drop you like a stone when the school holidays start.

This. My delivery route has gone quiet since the private schools shut for summer. My Bristol run will be down to a few meat only care home drops and a couple of milk shake shops soon as the Hippodrome is shutting for 6 weeks.

halewood:

I applied for a full time job but have heard nothing , wasn’t going there on agency , maybe he remembers me turning a job down there as it included weekends ( I was on mon - fri ) & it was less money , or maybe there’s just no vacancies , don’t know
Agency was dhl , dx & xpo which have all offerd me work , dx a full time job on days but only 23k p.a , but you only do 30 hrs pw
I’ve gone back to stobarts ( but there agency , logistics people ) , if a full time job comes up I can just jack easily , but getting hammered for hrs , 30 in 2 days , so just hope brexit gets sorted & me & mrs can ■■■■ off abroad
Turners was a option , days , fridges & mate who worked there said if you can survive the first 3 months you’ll be ok , though he’s been off sick and is not going back as 65 hrs on days is too much

dozy:

halewood:

I applied for a full time job but have heard nothing , wasn’t going there on agency , maybe he remembers me turning a job down there as it included weekends ( I was on mon - fri ) & it was less money , or maybe there’s just no vacancies , don’t know
Agency was dhl , dx & xpo which have all offerd me work , dx a full time job on days but only 23k p.a , but you only do 30 hrs pw
I’ve gone back to stobarts ( but there agency , logistics people ) , if a full time job comes up I can just jack easily , but getting hammered for hrs , 30 in 2 days , so just hope brexit gets sorted & me & mrs can ■■■■ off abroad
Turners was a option , days , fridges & mate who worked there said if you can survive the first 3 months you’ll be ok , though he’s been off sick and is not going back as 65 hrs on days is too much

Why does “Brexit need to get sorted” before you can “■■■■ off abroad”? You told us you already “■■■■■■ of abroad” ( to wit, you should us pictures from your new abode in Spain). Now you tell us you’ve come back (why?), cant find a job you can hack (hours to long, not enough money, to much complicated paperwork, to far away…).

I worked out of Turnes Larkhall for a year or so on days, it wasn’t bad at all. Great folk to work with, hours were decent enough and I was home each night and paid every hour I worked with OT always available.

Admittedly the money isn’t the best and you are better getting turners through an agency if you can. Dayshift, home enjoying the sun at night, non taxing during the day, getting daylight about you instead of nightshift. The money in the industry isn’t right but the money at Turners was acceptable to most for the work you put in. That said to keep certain people like me they would have needed to raise it. Most of their staff are long term employees. 5-12 years most of them.

Can’t fault my time there, great folk in the Larkhall office although down south butfucked me for holidays and CPC when i left which stung a little.

H4L:
I worked out of Turnes Larkhall for a year or so on days, it wasn’t bad at all. Great folk to work with, hours were decent enough and I was home each night and paid every hour I worked with OT always available.

Admittedly the money isn’t the best and you are better getting turners through an agency if you can. Dayshift, home enjoying the sun at night, non taxing during the day, getting daylight about you instead of nightshift. The money in the industry isn’t right but the money at Turners was acceptable to most for the work you put in. That said to keep certain people like me they would have needed to raise it. Most of their staff are long term employees. 5-12 years most of them.

Can’t fault my time there, great folk in the Larkhall office although down south butfucked me for holidays and CPC when i left which stung a little.

Thanks , told place I’m on about is salary , mate said he did 65 hrs & took home £500 , prefer brakes but can’t see that happening

dozy:

halewood:

You can be certain 100% that he remembers you, make that 150% nothing surer

nightline:

dozy:

halewood:

You can be certain 100% that he remembers you, make that 150% nothing surer

It’s five years ago , no need to hold grudges