Horse Boxes speed restricted?

Fatboy slimslow:

Razzman1:
Bit of info required please. Now i’ve only been in the job since last year and I’ve had a few horse box/lorries overtake at what seems to be excessive speed. Definitely faster than 60mph on a few occasions and also seen some pretty poor examples of driving standards from some. Do the owners/drivers of these vehicles have to abide by the same rules as hgv drivers ? do they have to hold cpc card etc ? and are they supposed to be restricted ? cheers .

NEIGH LAD. :grimacing:

and thats a reply straight from the horses mouth… :slight_smile:
if there unrestricted there will be no jockeying for position during the elephant racing plobbers,

If these animals are so valuable, why do they move them around in heaps of junk?
And why do they need to have “Caution Horses” or worse “Caution Show Ponies in transit”?
I don’t care what sort of horse they have, just like people who have vintage vehicles and have to have a plate on the back saying "1950 (whatever). Nobody cares when they’re stuck behind.

Toddy2:

Tidy looking… some side skirts wouldn’t hurt.

Muckaway:
And why do they need to have “Caution Horses” or worse “Caution Show Ponies in transit”?

It is required by the regulations for transporting horses…

Paul

sonflowerinwales:

Muckaway:

Paul

really where do you find this regulation ?

SouthEastCashew:

Toddy2:

Tidy looking… some side skirts wouldn’t hurt.

Yep - I would have had side skirts and a tandem trailer - less churning up the Polo field when turning

d4c24a:

sonflowerinwales:

Muckaway:

Paul

really where do you find this regulation ?

How does it improve road safety by telling me type of horse/pony it is? Couldn’t give a toss.

Razzman1:

Fatboy slimslow:

Razzman1:
Bit of info required please. Now i’ve only been in the job since last year and I’ve had a few horse box/lorries overtake at what seems to be excessive speed. Definitely faster than 60mph on a few occasions and also seen some pretty poor examples of driving standards from some. Do the owners/drivers of these vehicles have to abide by the same rules as hgv drivers ? do they have to hold cpc card etc ? and are they supposed to be restricted ? cheers .

NEIGH LAD. :grimacing:

:unamused: :laughing: always one eh ? suppose I walked into that one

lol. :grimacing: wasn’t a shire horse at 17 hands was it? :laughing:

Hay everybody, hold your horses. Lets rein it in and not jump to conclusions. Theres a few equestrions need answered here before we all start jockying for blame. For all we know this could be a load of old pony. I like to be in a stable position where facts are concerned so lets get the OP to pony up the facts first or we could all end up in a night-mare situation.

The-Snowman:
Hay everybody, hold your horses. Lets rein it in and not jump to conclusions. Theres a few equestrions need answered here before we all start jockying for blame. For all we know this could be a load of old pony. I like to be in a stable position where facts are concerned so lets get the OP to pony up the facts first or we could all end up in a night-mare situation.

Your right we shouldn’t be jumping to conclusions

Look at this thread galloping along … less of a canter I see.

d4c24a
It is under EU regs and I’m sure it’s on the Transporter Requirements as well. I will check when I get back home on Monday.

I thought the same as everyone else, why bother, so did some looking.

Paul

few years ago i knew someone with an ageing bedford horse truck. i helped them get it out of the woods where it had lain for years with flat tyres . anyway after putting air in the tyres [which were all cracked] and brushing off the cobwebs they drove it out for its mot
incredibly,it went straight through!

few years ago i knew someone with an ageing bedford horse truck. i helped them get it out of the woods where it had lain for years with flat tyres . anyway after putting air in the tyres [which were all cracked] and brushing off the cobwebs they drove it out for its mot

2 Bedfords - what a coincidence :laughing:

Good to see you’re still doing the polo work Toddy

Anyway - back to original post…

The most knackered looking horsebox I have ever seen was run by one of the royals. Rumour had it that it was so people didn’t look too carefully but underneath it was a new box inside. I never wanted to get close enough to look TBH

If you drive thoroughbreds (or anything you care about) then you drive like you’re taking Miss Daisy out for the day. If you upset them too much then the [zb]s won’t load the next time and they have a gift for making you look a proper nelly.

corij:

Tester probably got a free ride… if you know what I mean. :slight_smile:

Good Friend, you’ll probably know; Why do horse box owners put “carriage ponies in transit” or “polo ponies” what difference does it make?
To me it’s the same as getting stuck behind a vintage vehicle that says "you are a following a 1948 …"and is just saying “I’m slowing you down to accomodate my expensive hobby.”
If horses are so valuable, I don’t understand why they get chauffered about in a rotten ex bread wagon. The sort that only see a mechanic when they close a major road when it breaks down or for when it fails its’ annual mot.
Those who choose Ivecos should be charged for animal cruelty. :smiling_imp:

good_friend:
Good to see you’re still doing the polo work Toddy

The most knackered looking horsebox I have ever seen was run by one of the royals. Rumour had it that it was so people didn’t look too carefully but underneath it was a new box inside. I never wanted to get close enough to look TBH

If you drive thoroughbreds (or anything you care about) then you drive like you’re taking Miss Daisy out for the day. If you upset them too much then the [zb]s won’t load the next time and they have a gift for making you look a proper nelly.

Hi Cate,
Hope you are well and happy with the new job,
Last trip I did, we loaded 12 for Windlesham, all went on without fuss, last one did not want to go in,
Apparently, he had just been flown over from Argentina, where he did not get treated so well,
He must have thought he was going back, as he did not want to go in.
Took 4 of us and a bucket of feed to get him in.
We only went 22 miles and he was soaking wet when we got him out.

Had the same trouble on the way back. :cry:

bence.jpg

good_friend:

thats reminded me …Few years ago i got into conversation with “nacton nick” who is a real scruffy oik runs around on old motorbikes but is also the richest man in Suffolk. anyway he happened to mention the S1 landrover he was driving had a ford transit engine . i said , can i have a look?
amazingly under the bonnet was not only the engine but all the mechanics of a new transit but with a tattered old landrover body on top. when i asked ,did you convert it? he replied it was already done when he got it

YEH RIGHT