Home brew sleeper cabs

robert1952:
And this, I think, is precisely the kind of thing the OP is looking for: a LHD Bedford KM (probably with a D/D engine and 9-speed Fuller), with a rabbit hutch jammed on the back! Robert

And that, young sir, is exactly what I’ve been rabbiting on about! Go to the top of the class, and award yourself a silver star!

Thanks so much, Robert…you’ve made an old man very happy…

W & J Riding had a yard full of “home brew” built sleepers on MK2 Atky’s ! that would put most of the examples on here to shame ! Cheers Bewick.

How about this Australian Bedford KM 6x4 tractor with extended sleeper cab!

Nmp

LR Man:
How about this Australian Bedford KM 6x4 tractor with extended sleeper cab!

Another one…spot on sir!!

pete smith:

I remember Ron Rogers’ Atki from when he used to sub for Carr and Hodgkinson out of JCB donkey’s ages ago! Ron must be retired by now - is he still around, Pete?

Sorry Robert, stole your picture from your “best 70’s Middle East Unit” thread. Struggled to find a decent picture of this anywhere else:

I remember this being in either Truck or Truck & Driver in the 80s when I was a whipper snapper. I thought this was the dogs danglies!

Cheers
Sean

seantoole5:
Sorry Robert, stole your picture from your “best 70’s Middle East Unit” thread. Struggled to find a decent picture of this anywhere else:

I remember this being in either Truck or Truck & Driver in the 80s when I was a whipper snapper. I thought this was the dogs danglies!

Cheers
Sean

No probs: I stole it in the first place :laughing: Enjoy! Robert

robert1952:
And this, I think, is precisely the kind of thing the OP is looking for: a LHD Bedford KM (probably with a D/D engine and 9-speed Fuller), with a rabbit hutch jammed on the back! Robert

A quick glance and it fooled me into thinking it was a baby Maggie

Nmp

With a weather-eye on the OP’s interest in old Bedford cab conversions, don’t forget Bennku’s drawing of an Astran one! Robert

Google came up with this earlier on…

Not sure what make of it…strange conversion, to say the least!

File1144.jpg

Richard J:

Looks like a Dodge, no good me getting in that box as it would snap it off back of cab!!

I’ve got a vague memory that Neil from '‘Neils Trukin Kumpny’ had something like that.He was rather eccentric in his ‘‘add ons’’.
The link to him is on here somewhere.

robert1952:
Five different kinds of Atkinson add-ons. Robert :wink:

pete smith:

Richard J:

Looks like a Dodge, no good me getting in that box as it would snap it off back of cab!!

It looks to me to be fitted the wrong way around…

hutpik:
I’ve got a vague memory that Neil from '‘Neils Trukin Kumpny’ had something like that.He was rather eccentric in his ‘‘add ons’’.

Eccentric hardly covers it… :slight_smile:

Richard J:

pete smith:

Richard J:

It looks to me to be fitted the wrong way around…

hutpik:

Eccentric hardly covers it… :slight_smile:

Found it:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=79780

An…interesting read, that. Shame he passed away, he sounded a right character.

RIP, sir…on an eternal night out.