Home brew sleeper cabs

coomsey:

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:
Nmp

Blimey Coomsey, I hope that container’s empty, or he’ll be working those 6 gears all day! :open_mouth: Robert

For sure Robert, assuming it’s a Ford chassis !!■■

D6x4.jpg
Axles look similar. Could have something a bit stronger than a Ford 6 litre under the cab, talking of which- what superb workmanship. The lines follow those of the original cab perfectly, unlike European high roof conversions of Scanias, all of which look like sheds. Where is it? I’m guessing Chile, for a pint. :smiley:

[zb]
anorak:

coomsey:

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:
Nmp

Blimey Coomsey, I hope that container’s empty, or he’ll be working those 6 gears all day! :open_mouth: Robert

For sure Robert, assuming it’s a Ford chassis !!■■

Axles look similar. Could have something a bit stronger than a Ford 6 litre under the cab, talking of which- what superb workmanship. The lines follow those of the original cab perfectly, unlike European high roof conversions of Scanias, all of which look like sheds. Where is it? I’m guessing Chile, for a pint. :smiley:

They made a ■■■■ fine job of it either way. I’m thinking Africa for an half :slight_smile:

coomsey:

They made a ■■■■ fine job of it either way. I’m thinking Africa for an half :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Here’s something to compare it with! Robert

5082216501_3505e4c2c9.jpg

5082216501_3505e4c2c9.jpg
FB_IMG_1570548592335.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

Here’s something to compare it with! Robert

[/quote]
There’s something odd about the doors, have they moved the wheel arch forward or cab front back ■■?

More than likely moved the front axle forward as the front bumper and lower cab look original, they’ve had to take the step out and modify the doors,good job,
Probably due to fitting a bigger engine/gearbox
Tony

tonyj105:
More than likely moved the front axle forward as the front bumper and lower cab look original, they’ve had to take the step out and modify the doors,good job,
Probably due to fitting a bigger engine/gearbox
Tony

All well n good Tony but where n what’s your bet ■■

my 2 bags of crisps and a mars bar would be on brazil - ish
tony

tonyj105:
my 2 bags of crisps and a mars bar would be on brazil - ish
tony

:smiley:

Another vote for Chile.

Uruguay, port of Montevideo my guess.
Chile and Brazil only had very few english lorries.

According to Facebook the pic is photoshopped. Both rear wheels are in exactly the same position, both tyres just have the word ‘Good’ instead of Goodyear, and there is no room for the drivers feet and legs and the fith wheel is too far back.

Pete.

windrush:
According to Facebook the pic is photoshopped. Both rear wheels are in exactly the same position, both tyres just have the word ‘Good’ instead of Goodyear, and there is no room for the drivers feet and legs and the fith wheel is too far back.

Pete.

I must agree. I was fooled the last time we had one of these, but I never learn. You should see the mutton dressed as lamb I get from Tinder. :smiley:

The shape matches the cab so well because it is the cab, cut and pasted. The original roof gutter is there too. You can even see the original seam/shut line. Nevertheless- good job. The editor might make a good sheet metalworker.

Scania globetrotter ?

9B76F054-57FA-4130-94B9-609108457B67.jpeg

Aerodynamic

My old Super Hippo with a sleeper I aquired off a S model Kenworth.

Dig

DIG:

Dig

How’d you get that load on? :smiley:

ezydriver:

DIG:

Dig

How’d you get that load on? :smiley:

Its a while ago now from memory around 1978 the 2 utes were gov owned so i quoted 2 loads . I drove the lead ute on and as i had the use of a BHB crane and small fork I lifted the front of the lead ute until it was high enough to slip the pallets under from the other side then lifted the back and reversed the other ute under. They were unloaded on the Derby Wharf to go on a ship back to Perth and 2 forks were used to unload.A bit of messing around wouldn’t be condoned into days world of rules and regulations. :wink: :wink:
Cheers Dig

DIG:

Dig

I never knew you drove a Super Hippo Dig ! :smiley:

Thats a cracking pic chap, what was the old girl like to drive ■■

Leyland Hippo with sleeper 1960. (click on page twice)

Recon this one counts.

FB_IMG_1575724086990.jpg

pollystag:
Recon this one counts.

What’s that a bit of Leyland grafted on the back