Holiday entitlement

Update guys. My contract does say pro rata what ever that means but it clearly says 28 days. Don’t know what contract you was on truckertart1

3f131474e5f8c06bdde75af4bcddd122_1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13p extra for O/T■■?

Pro rata means if you work part time or only start employment part way through the holiday year you get part of your full holiday allowance. If you want 28 days holiday at 11.25 hours per day then your workmates won’t be very happy, when they potentially use 9 hours per holiday day. I was on a contract that said 252 hours. I’m not quite sure why your trying to upset the DHL system when your clearly looking for a new job.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

TiredAndEmotional:
13p extra for O/T■■?

changed since then but still crap lol

truckertart1:
Pro rata means if you work part time or only start employment part way through the holiday year you get part of your full holiday allowance. If you want 28 days holiday at 11.25 hours per day then your workmates won’t be very happy, when they potentially use 9 hours per holiday day. I was on a contract that said 252 hours. I’m not quite sure why your trying to upset the DHL system when your clearly looking for a new job.

im staying now to be honest. Just trying to prove a point. For example if you work for a company and you do 15 hour days and your mate only does 10 hours every day but you both get 10 hours holiday how’s that fairer. I get average holiday pay anyway so all this 11.25 and 9 hour crap means nothing

If your on a 4 day week you get more days off a year, approx 52. But you still want 28 days holiday aswell. Lol.

Something I find quite funny about this is all the posts I have seen over the years about how many young drivers there want to come over here and drive truck in the USA, then I see posts like this over holiday entitlement LOL.
Come over here nd ask about it, you have things so good back in the UK.
Holiday entitlement in the USA for truck drivers consists of … Nothing for the first year, then one week after a years service which (if you work for a good company) rises to two weeks after two years and usually stays at two years until you have been with the company for ten years, which I have just achieved then it rises to three weeks. If I leave this company and join another it goes back to zero again, we get six public holidays (bank holidays) but most companies expect you to work those days. I have the courage to stand my ground and insist I will never work Christmas or Boxing day, most drivers fear for their jobs and although they do not want to work those days they do as they are told. Some companies such as Schneider will not pay a cent in holiday pay as it is not a legal requirement, so when you see one of those scam ads in truck mags offering you two years working for them over here as part of some make believe college it’s because they can’t get drivers here to work for them, they do not pay any holiday pay, you sign a contract to work for two years which you spend sharing the cab with some sweaty, smelly pig then after the two years is up you might just be able to afford the air fare home LOL.

By the way ! … When I worked for Tesco we had seven weeks off LOL.

truckertart1:
If your on a 4 day week you get more days off a year, approx 52. But you still want 28 days holiday aswell. Lol.

if I was on a 4 day week and my contract said I was entitled to 28 days holiday then yes of course I’d want them. Wouldn’t you?

Pat Hasler:
By the way ! … When I worked for Tesco we had seven weeks off LOL.

are you sure it wasn’t 295 hours lol

I’m done mate. You said earlier your clutching at straws and you definitely are. Take it to the union and watch the management laugh you out the office.

truckertart1:
I’m done mate. You said earlier your clutching at straws and you definitely are. Take it to the union and watch the management laugh you out the office.

i don’t doubt your right in how they break it down but you said yourself your contract said 252 hours. Mine doesn’t. We will leave it at that. Probably best to ask acas

pickandmix:
Just trying to work this out. I’m entitled to 28 days holiday leave as my contact states but my company allocates it by holiday hours. Just been told I’ve got 49 hours left but if I’ve done my maths correctly that only works out at about 26-27 days for the year. Anyone help me understand this. We do work 5 over 7 some weeks and 4 over 7 others

I’m not sure I grasp your confusion correctly but how about looking at the thing differently.

The law states you are entitled to 5.6 weeks PAID holiday per year based on a 5 day week.

If you work various length weeks what pay are you entitled to should you take it as a weeks holiday and thus the pro rata calculation.

If you take one days holiday this week and you are on a 4 day week what holiday pay should you get?

Should 1 day’s holiday pay equal to 8 hours or 10 hours pay?

Here is the government website and it also has a calculator. gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … ntitlement

Hope this helps.

Hurryup&wait:

pickandmix:
Just trying to work this out. I’m entitled to 28 days holiday leave as my contact states but my company allocates it by holiday hours. Just been told I’ve got 49 hours left but if I’ve done my maths correctly that only works out at about 26-27 days for the year. Anyone help me understand this. We do work 5 over 7 some weeks and 4 over 7 others

I’m not sure I grasp your confusion correctly but how about looking at the thing differently.

The law states you are entitled to 5.6 weeks PAID holiday per year based on a 5 day week.

If you work various length weeks what pay are you entitled to should you take it as a weeks holiday and thus the pro rata calculation.

If you take one days holiday this week and you are on a 4 day week what holiday pay should you get?

Should 1 day’s holiday pay equal to 8 hours or 10 hours pay?

Here is the government website and it also has a calculator. gov.uk/holiday-entitlement- … ntitlement

Hope this helps.

thank