Hobbies

LMAO! heheh, yep, I’ve rented/hired horses in Italy and USA.
With the Italian saddle I could have just slid off, no problem. Nothing to grip onto, totally reliant on my ■■■ ability to do the centre of gravity thang
USA saddle? Like an armchair :slight_smile: Not falling off this one unless you jump :slight_smile:

steviespain:
LMAO! heheh, yep, I’ve rented/hired horses in Italy and USA.
With the Italian saddle I could have just slid off, no problem. Nothing to grip onto, totally reliant on my ■■■ ability to do the centre of gravity thang
USA saddle? Like an armchair :slight_smile: Not falling off this one unless you jump :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: you sure get a musco/skeletal workout I recall,no good for me now with a truckers fleetwood.Spinal health and gee gees.Not a good combo I suspect.

Harry Monk:
Here’s the Hornby OO gauge model railway I built for my kids.

And here’s the SM32 scale live steam railway I used to have running round my back garden when I lived in a house.

Well neat, Harry although I’m guessing you operated it as much as the kids did :smiley:

The garden railway is impressive, too.

Don’t get much spare time but when I do I like to potter about and tinker with this.

Well i restored this one a couple of years ago. A replica of my dads old unit.

Danne

8F0C964C-9ECB-49E0-A98C-054C041F7489.jpeg

Took up field archery last year,well a couple of shoots,usually too knackered to go to most of them so I just do straight targets on a field.■■■■ well love it,got a good eye for it,could be truckers long range visual tendency,but I went to an introductory meeting in Wimborne Minster with a charming chap who really sold it to me.Got a nice recurve bow from Honiton and a dozen arruz online.It’s wonderful,kinda like outdoor darts without the advanced mathematics :slight_smile: If you ever find yourself Bournemouth way theres an archery supply shop who’ll give you the chaps name,although only in the summer.

The recreation I’d really love to do is falconry.(watching too much Game Of Thrones)lol,but I guess thats too time and money expensive.Oh to be wedged.

good_friend:
Horse cuddling

It results in far fewer broken bones than riding the things used to

I loved my old horse. I had him 12 years and he was sublime. I came back driving not long after i lost him and have one of his last shoes on the front of my wagon.!
No more horses for me though…they seem to be mAgnets for ■■■■■■ s.
In answer to ops question I like MTB trailing .

Cue the saddest hobby of all… I drive trucks on my days off [emoji33].
I work 4 On 4 Off as an engineer in a soft drinks factory and being an absolute petrol head since I was a kid, driving is something I absolutely love, although I don’t think I’d fancy driving trucks full time. My dad taught me to drive when I was 8 years old and my brother bought me my first motorcycle when I was 11. From a young age I could not wait to get my driving licence. Then as soon as I was 21 o did my direct access bike licence and had road bikes for a number of years. Another goal since being a kid was to get my hgv licence, so as soon as funds allowed, that’s what I did, and been driving trucks and murdering prostitutes part time for 10 years now.
Got a cushy little number with Langdons who have a depot just across the road from my house, and I just sort of come and go as I please doing around 1 day a week. And the bonus is I get paid to do my hobby!
I’m guessing now, I am probably the saddest person on this forum [emoji23][emoji23].
I am also a massive fan of Motogp and F1 and pretty much all kinds of motorsport. Going to the Spanish Motogp next year for my 40th. Can’t wait [emoji3][emoji965][emoji965]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Since I failed DVLA medical a few years ago and became one of the great unwashed after 40 years of driving (now got a “car only” licence :imp: I took up playing guitar/bass and due to this amazing thing called the internet I now play in a virtual band with people from all corners of the world. :astonished: Texas, Queensland Australia,Ontario Canada and up’t north in Lancs :grimacing:

I’m the grey haired git in the bottom right on bass guitar. :grimacing:

no1dieselman:
My hobbies are motorcycling and truck driving. It is a nice distraction from my full time job

I had doubts that riding a few extra miles after your main job is a good idea, but now I own a bike too :smiley: The previous owner said its real Yamaha but after I made my first 10 miles riding it I think I was fooled. Anyway, it’s still a nice bike for highway riding. I made some upgrades thanks to this page but there’s still a lot of work to do. Sometimes I think I live in the garage now.