Hobbies

good_friend:
If you’re serious I’ve got access to a great Clydesdale X mare.

Could plonk you on her and see how you get on. She might talk you out of the madness at least :laughing: :laughing:

My old lad and me are up for a potter around the village if you are

Now that sounds like a plan! Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Lemme get settled into my new place (Moving today to Neasden, 20 min commute to work instead of 2 hours :smiley: ) and I’ll PM you.

Narrowboating pretty much defines my outside-work life. Obviously cruising in the Summer is the enjoyable bit, but it is also my home and like a normal home it requires a lot of maintenance and improvement which takes up a lot of my time off. This weekend I’ve had to fit a new fresh water pump and a CO detector, I’ve finished off some paintwork, later on I’ll give the engine a service and change the gearbox oil. Then I will start on replacing the wet-room corner basin. There’s always something to do, but I enjoy doing it.

Where am I? :stuck_out_tongue:

the nodding donkey:

Thanks guys. Glad you like them.
[/quote]
My mate who I grew up with, he painted the SAS pinkie & I swear that the driver has 4 days stubble, not 3 or 5. He can spend weeks doing any one model, it’s pretty much all he does these days & seems to make a good living at it. His main claim to fame is he did all the artwork for Games Workshop box’s when they first started.

Harry Monk:

Glarrrsssterrrr :slight_smile:

P.S. A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw your money.

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:

Correct on both counts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:

were you parked in Gloucester June 12th Harry?

carryfast-yeti:

Harry Monk:

Dork Lard:

Harry Monk:

were you parked in Gloucester June 12th Harry?

No, that was in April, in mid-June I was around Leicester way.

Building my first model railway, just take myself off into the loft and have peace and quiet :smiley:

I ■■■■■■■■■■ furiously.

toonsy:
I ■■■■■■■■■■ furiously.

I wait till I’m on pay for that, well the way folk bean shake at me I might as well :laughing:

strangling cats,juggling hamsters,nailing jelly to the ceiling,playing chess with elvis passes my spare time nicely when im not building campervans. :slight_smile:

i’ve a couple of old nails…err…i mean Classic bikes,and a Triumph Herald…always something to do in the garage! also support a football team,but my lad is abroad for a year so won’t be going to any games till he gets back.
just recently,took an interest in our Anglo-Saxon history,and found out the Vikings didn’t have it all their own way :astonished: so been going to some historic Cathedral’s and Churches…stuff that i would have found mind blowing boring a few years ago :laughing:

Play Bowls. Joining a golf club next year. Keep fit.

yt03:
Building my first model railway, just take myself off into the loft and have peace and quiet :smiley:

I’m anything railways, always have been. Guess what’s in my loft - the only downside is boiling in summer and being a bit chilly in winter. I’ve pretty much got the whole loft laid out but with just a little room for the inevitable junk. :smiley:

Here’s the Hornby OO gauge model railway I built for my kids.

And here’s the SM32 scale live steam railway I used to have running round my back garden when I lived in a house.

Another one for model trains. OO gauge here.

I’m into bird watching …

hobby.jpg

My hobbies are motorcycling and truck driving. It is a nice distraction from my full time job

Drempels:
We all know about long hours and being away, it’s a tough old game.

What do you do to relax outside of work? I like to keep my mechanical hand in with my motorbikes and helping friends with their bikes and cars. I admit, I’m a vehicle nut, if it’s got an engine and wheels (or tracks) I’m interested. I also like cycling, and football hooliganism, weirdly. I can’t stand football and I’m not a hooligan, but the subject fascinates me.

I’m also into media blasting and pressure-washing, I find it so cathartic.

Anybody else got strange interests? :laughing:

Detailing, tinkering with cars and for now, DIY.

Used to enjoy a scuffle at the football but I much prefer just the fashion side now.

steviespain:

good_friend:
Horse cuddling

It results in far fewer broken bones than riding the things used to

Awwwww :slight_smile:

Well, it’s a funny one, this hobby lark. If I’ve got time then I haven’t got the money, if I have the money then I haven’t got the time. Know what I mean?

BUT! With this job now, 4 on 4 off, and good wages, then I think I’m going to start…something. What to do, though.
Horse riding? Hmm, yeah, I do like the idea. love animals, love horses. Yep, I like this idea.

Cycling? Used to eff off for 4 hours at at a time on me bike, in Spain though, bit different to here. I’ll give it a miss.

I was thinking of volunteering at an animal shelter. Y’know, walk the dogs, peel cats off the wall, clean [zb] up, kind of thing. Gotta wait until I move into my new home, tomorrow, to research that though.

Paragliding! Now THAT looks like fun!

Might, just might, try for a PPL. Private Pilots Licence.
My little bro is a professional pilot, and I’ve always fancied getting a PPL so…mebbe.
Hehe, I say “little bro” he’s 6’ 2", and towers over me at 6’ :slight_smile:

Or mebbe I should resurrect the Stevie Roadshow. Get me guitar out, dust off me vocal tubes, get gigging again.

[zb] it, I fancy going horsey riding :slight_smile:

Love that Ian Fleming quote"A horse is a creature that’s dangerous at both ends and extremely uncomfortable in the middle" :slight_smile:
Amazing animals though.Would be tempted myself if the saddles were more along the old cowboy style of yore,with pommels etc.I speak as one made to go riding as a nipper by mi old mum.I was bitten,kicked,thrown off and even dragged along the deck with foot still in a stirrup for yards.Had a talent for selecting psychopathic nags I guess.Love em though.Time spent in the presence of one,def isnt wasted time I would venture.