Recreation/holidays/ect

I know it’s not about what we’re doing for a living/existence, but what if anything do you all do in your spare time? bearing in mind that all work and no play makes Jack/Jane a dull boy/girl. Having posed the question I suppose I’d better start the ball rolling by saying that the precious bit of leisure time I get, I spend on my allotment, reading, baking my own bread/cooking, and, just recently, I’ve acqired a small sailing boat…BLISS!

Hospital radio ankerradio1386am.org.uk/
i present a show on Friday nights
called the @nker BAR (bluegrass americana roots)
as summer is now here we will be doing the PA at various local events
the 2 biggies Atherstones Summer in the Square and Bramcote Barracks open day (Gurkha base)

ok its not rock n roll but i like it like it yes i do

bread making 2 good loaves followed by 3 failures :frowning:

i go carp fishing when i can(when the missus lets me) just get away from everything and relax by the lake love it :smiley: :smiley:

I go to the football every other weekend, play golf and master my skills on call of duty :smiley:

I only go out in town on Fridays and Saturdays nights with pals - really because it is the only time i can drink and im not to exhausted :cry:

I like to holiday abroad, doesn’t need to be sunny , just somewhere different , with new sights to see. I like to travel but i’ll only go to the same place again if its called vegas - i cant get enough of it :sunglasses:

pc gaming at weekends if im not out on the beer for a friends birthday or other things films at the cinema not a lot else but go away every 9 months for 3 weeks to thailand just booked now flight hotel for 700quid all in poolside room

I used to have an old 19979 Toyota Celica but sold it when I moved house and that took up a lot of my spare time! I used to love taking it to bits the putting it back together again and wondering where all the “extra nuts and bolts” came from :blush:

Now I`m on a health kick and go hill walking!

And then when I`m really bored,theres always the wife… :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Walking and photography are my two main passions at the moment, see sig.

Walking in dry weather, love these light nights, was up in the Campsies till about 10:30pm the other night and the daylight was still pretty good. Sat watching the planes flying into Glasgow, you can follow them all the way , with binoculars, from the Campsies to taxiing off the runway.

And when the weather is crap… a bit of truck modeling, heres one I changed a bit.

It started as tipper and now it’s a hook loader. :smiley:

joemaxi:
I used to have an old 19979 Toyota Celica but sold it when I moved house…

Was that OLD as in Back To The Future OLD?? :laughing:

i’m into my music, so like too get too gigs, big and small.
also like gaming on the xbox, car-racing mainly, (yes i should grow up)

the big thing i want to do, is build a car :sunglasses: . never had the money before, but, kids are getting older, bills are beginning too come down, so, soon, that dream will begin.

wanna get a mk5 cortina, (my 1st car) and totally rebuild it too show standard, i like the street sleeper look, so no body kits, neons etc, just real subtle touches, that you have too look for, wanna totally strip the interior so its just got 2 race seats, a full cage, and a stac, dash, then slam it on the deck, real nice set of wheels, (seen em already) and a stunning paint job, 1 colour, again, with some clever subtle touches. engine and running gear undecided as of yet, cossie is probable, but, may go bespoke :sunglasses:

think realistically, with the car, and evthing that i want too do too it, as most of it, will be 1 of, custom built stuff, could be a costly exercise :open_mouth: prob in the 15-20k region, but, its a longtime ambition of mine too get it done :sunglasses:

I paraglide over the Perthshire hills and do a bit of cycling in an effort to control my weight.

alamcculloch:
I paraglide over the Perthshire hills and do a bit of cycling in an effort to control my weight.

I get the feeling that a lack in one sport may have an undesirable effect in the other sport :open_mouth: :smiley:

I’ve got a 1980/81 Honda CB 900 mo’bike.
Fettling it, refurbishing it, putting right a previous owners botch jobs and riding it are my hobbies.