HGV drivers tax rebate

robroy:
I have heard like as already said, that if you try and claim direct they do ask for receipts, where as the third party can get around this, but is this just a rumour put about by these middle men.
Another question can you claim for meals if like me you are not paid a meal allowance?

The bar Stewart’s asked for mine going back FOUR yrs.
They also DEMANDED that I must list each meal claim receit as:
Amount of hrs worked?
Where?
amount of meal claim?
date?

I asked why Stobarts didn’t have to do this for their £15day meal claim and was given the "middle finger " from HMRC!!![POUTING FACE]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

So if I submit a P87 direct to HMRC for 2015/2016 tax year instead of paying CW the 20% to do it,
Reckon HMRC will want me to do same above!!!

Done mine just waiting for a cheque of around £2500 nice one

eddie snax:

backload:
Talk around the brew room about tax rebate for tramper drivers, you can claim back for uniforms, Satnav, fridges, CPC training, ADR training, TV. Average claim £3000 for the last 4 years.
Anybody done this yet, apparently the accountants take 20℅ of your claim.

I know you can claim for washing a uniform or buying work clothes and boots, unless your employer gives you an allowance or reimbirsement.

I think fridge and TV might fall under the night subsistence allowance.

I suppose that if your employer doesn’t provide your training that could be claimed for.

In that list I’d only be able to get an allowance for washing my uniform so haven’t bothered :wink:

Does anyone else claim the 10% of their Wifes tax allowance, if your Mrs don’t use all her personal tax allowance, then she can transfer 10% to your own, My tax code this year is 1210, giving Me a tax allowance of £12100. It only amount to about £3 a week but is simple to do, and £3 pays for a costa :wink:

£3 buys me a jar of coffee which amounts to a big saving on Costa Coffee, I just don’t get this expensive coffee thing,you all must be earning too much.

Blokes at our place who have done it say doing it through these accountants you don’t have to show a single recipe for the last 4 year so you could add “extras” on such as tv’s, cooler boxes ( even if you have a fridge) sat nav, work boots, inverter, hands free kits, cleaning stuff for the truck etc. you can claim night out allowance if you don’t get the full £26 or whatever it is from your company (we get £21.50) plus claim for your meals through the day.
We get sweet fa hardly towards meal allowance so our drivers were puting diwn at least £50 a week on meals, that’s including stuff you buy to cook yourself whilst at work. Couple of our drivers have ended up with nearly £4000 in the bank after the 20% the accountants take off.
After you make the claim though get a VAT recipt for everything you buy whilst at work as you can claim for your food, night out allowance, cleaning stuff, laundry, boots etc every tax year where as sat navs, tv, invertor, fridge etc you can’t, plus the tax man will want recipts from now on.
If you do it yourself I have heard HMRC will ask for some recipts to prove what you are claiming for. Don’t know how true this is.

You can claim for everything you need for work not supplied by the company even down to storage containers for your food sandwich bags etc keep every receipt even if just for a mars bar or a can of red bull. They soon add up.

tango boy:

Pity you missed out on an extra £250 though [emoji6]

happysack:

tango boy:

Pity you missed out on an extra £250 though [emoji6]

What’s that then

Photo comp!

happysack:
Photo comp!

Tart :laughing: :laughing:

tango boy:

happysack:
Photo comp!

Tart [emoji38] :laughing:

Yes. That’s true. [emoji8]

happysack:

tango boy:

happysack:
Photo comp!

Tart [emoji38] :laughing:

Yes. That’s true. [emoji8]

Back at ya baby :smiley:

drhs:
Mines in already in…at my old company we used to pay £8 tax on our night out money i was told straight away I can claim all that back…chadwicks haslingdon

Stay clear of Chadwicks they have all my receipts and p60s for the last four years, they registered me for self assessment with the tax office and then they have vanished there phone just rings out they have disappeared from face book,
After reporting this to the Tax office they said I should do my own self assessment, they sent me all the forms and a copy of my p60s and I filled them in without a problem, I recommend anyone else claiming a refund should do it and save there self 20 odd per cent that a account firm will charge you
If anyone knows what happened to Chadwicks I would really like to know as apparently they had over one million pounds worth of drivers claims lodged with the Tax office

danch4:

drhs:
Mines in already in…at my old company we used to pay £8 tax on our night out money i was told straight away I can claim all that back…chadwicks haslingdon

Stay clear of Chadwicks they have all my receipts and p60s for the last four years, they registered me for self assessment with the tax office and then they have vanished there phone just rings out they have disappeared from face book,
After reporting this to the Tax office they said I should do my own self assessment, they sent me all the forms and a copy of my p60s and I filled them in without a problem, I recommend anyone else claiming a refund should do it and save there self 20 odd per cent that a account firm will charge you
If anyone knows what happened to Chadwicks I would really like to know as apparently they had over one million pounds worth of drivers claims lodged with the Tax office

same ere I’ve tried ringing them myself…they seem to have vanished for some reason…I wonder if the truckstop news no anything as it was in there I got it from…?looks like they’d done a naughty 1 to me ?..

CW Business Logistics are still going as Chris Watson the MD posts regular on their FB page.

All PAYE expenses claims have been suspended atm pending as overview by HMRC that drivers ARE actually spending what they’re claiming!!![emoji52]

Big Truck:
CW Business Logistics are still going as Chris Watson the MD posts regular on their FB page.

All PAYE expenses claims have been suspended atm pending as overview by HMRC that drivers ARE actually spending what they’re claiming!!![emoji52]

You have to fill a diary for 12 weeks now lol

With receipts for everything!

What about for the stuff you have paid for in the past where you didn’t keep recipts as obviously you didn’t know you could claim? They say you don’t need to keep recipts from the previous 4 years but any tax claim after that then you need to keep recipts for.

I phoned them. You need to keep a diary for 12 weeks and all receipts for everything. Ie coffee, breakfast, gas canister etc. You need to show them you are spending MORE than your night out money.

I’m out.

The diary is no good to me,CWB told me i can claim for individual day expenses ie coffee,showers & food but not for a weekly food shop like i and a lot of others do.