Uniform Tax Rebate

Had a letter from the above, stating that i could be liable for tax reduction/rebate,because i wear a company uniform and launder it myself.Also states i can claim for the cost of licence renewals,medicals,digicards etc.
Anybody else had success doing this :question:

Had this letter this morning also, ripped in half and filed under “R” for recycling.

(As I’m currently my Wifes full time carer I don’t wear a uniform and I’m not going to start giving her ideas either :imp: )

The only people who have any success is this company who reel the muppets in. Look at their charges to see what I mean.
You can claim this yourself free of charge by contacting your tax office who will send the forms out.

Claimed that Years ago and it’s still ongoing

Claimed it years ago aswell, claimed my 19pound digi card. You don’t get money all you get is your tax code adjusted. Save yourself peanuts really :confused:

The only thing I’ve got a cheque for was the 2pound meal allowance. Got a good wedge aswell. But I tried again with my new company and they wrote back playing daft saying it doesn’t exist. Maybe try again if anyone has had any joy recently?

What’s the 2pound meal allowance then

I got the unsolicited junk mail also,My concerns are who has been selling our personal data, my guess would be DVLA

Its a SCAM

lolipop:
Its a SCAM

It’s not a scam, if you wear a company uniform and are expected to clean it yourself, then you are entitled to claim that against the tax to cover the costs. Includes PAYE workers, they just change your tax code. It isn’t a lot of money, but it’s something and you’re entitled to it.
But other have said you don’t need one of these companies to sort it out, you can apply for it yourself.

It’s worth checking your tax code from time to time, mine and many people in our company had the wrong tax code for a few years, our accounts lady sorted it out for us. I got a refund for the previous years and a change in my tax code for the present year.

slightly apart from the uniform issue. The tax man has recently begun to allow MARRIED couples to transfer up to £1000 of unused tax allowances between them, gives a saving of around £212 per year.
Basically, if you work and pay tax but your wife doesn’t work or earns less than £10,000 per year, she can give you her unused tax allowance so you pay less tax. it works the other way around also.
I can only find on line registration for this, there doesn’t appear to be any forms available for manual printing.
Simply register on line with the tax man and register with your NI number, very simple and painless.

uktaxcalculators.co.uk/tax-n … allowance/

HMRC form P87 is what you need if you’re an employee:

gov.uk/government/publicati … oyment-p87

You can fill it in online, print, sign and post it at the end, wait a couple of months and you should hear back as to whether your claim has been successful.

The ‘scam’ is that there are people out there who will charge you for doing it on your behalf, without telling you how easy it is. Much the same as the umbrella companies who charge you to pay your wages and insist that you’re better off than PAYE, which is probably true but only because they’re using the expenses you offset from pay to cover their fees.

I had 2 letters. Just wrote on them “Stop sending me your crap”. Put then in self add envelopes and posted them back to them at their expense. :smiley:

Got one myself today, and it’s now residing in the bin.

nick2008:

Tight get,i bet you can peal an orange in your pocket :unamused:

del949:
slightly apart from the uniform issue. The tax man has recently begun to allow MARRIED couples to transfer up to £1000 of unused tax allowances between them, gives a saving of around £212 per year.
Basically, if you work and pay tax but your wife doesn’t work or earns less than £10,000 per year, she can give you her unused tax allowance so you pay less tax. it works the other way around also.
I can only find on line registration for this, there doesn’t appear to be any forms available for manual printing.
Simply register on line with the tax man and register with your NI number, very simple and painless.

uktaxcalculators.co.uk/tax-n … allowance/

Did it only the other day,you get a series of safety checks,that makes you think there is a fault with the site as it keeps going back and asks for the same info again.
After about the third time it reveals the info given is valid and then gives out the info.
Being retired now it should give me an extra 17 quid or so extra a month

muckles:

lolipop:
Its a SCAM

It’s not a scam, if you wear a company uniform and are expected to clean it yourself, then you are entitled to claim that against the tax to cover the costs. Includes PAYE workers, they just change your tax code. It isn’t a lot of money, but it’s something and you’re entitled to it.
But other have said you don’t need one of these companies to sort it out, you can apply for it yourself.

It’s worth checking your tax code from time to time, mine and many people in our company had the wrong tax code for a few years, our accounts lady sorted it out for us. I got a refund for the previous years and a change in my tax code for the present year.

Like I said its a scam to get you to pay for something you can easily do for yourself by applying at the tax office at no cost.

seth 70:

nick2008:

Tight get,i bet you can peal an orange in your pocket :unamused:

I claim a tax rebate for cleaning my company uniform. I get £12/year.
If you’ve not previously claimed it, you can claim back the last five years’ worth; so in my case this would be £60. Tight? perhaps, but I’m entitled to it. If it’s beneath you to claim it, claim it anyway and donate it to charity. And donate it using Gift Aid, so your chosen charity can claim tax on your tax rebate…

DIY lads its been talked about before on here for PAYE employees,
go on HMRC website and download Form P87 and submit (with receipts) up to max £2500/year claimable for anything bought in connection with your WORK if your classed as “mobile worker”

£60 can be claimed via your tax code for uniform laundry for truck drivers too. :wink:

Guess what turned up this week?

And again, it got returned at their expense. :smiley:

Yeah I got one again last week, well jokes on you I’ve worked as my Wifes carer for the last seven years :laughing: :frowning: