HGV Agencies To Avoid

Beetlejuice:
I just had pertemps insist that the royal mail contract is on going year round .

It is.
Depends which mail centre.
At Royal Mail Gatwick they use three agencies all year round: Manpower, Pertemps and one other I can’t remember.
Until about two years ago, it was exclusively Manpower.
7.5 tonne, Class 2 and HGV work.

Droog:

Beetlejuice:
I just had pertemps insist that the royal mail contract is on going year round .

It is.
Depends which mail centre.
At Royal Mail Gatwick they use three agencies all year round: Manpower, Pertemps and one other I can’t remember.
Until about two years ago, it was exclusively Manpower.
7.5 tonne, Class 2 and HGV work.

It is not for every driver ,I know at least three in Cov who have been told it is over come mid Jan ,If they find another job no problem …
From Pertemps .

I have had problems with all. Something really needs to be done as they are running riot in this country but know how to avoid appearing in court.

The usual ones , come in 40mins of paperwork and licence checks and they promise the earth …Get a phone call a month later at 6am , can I be at a job 80 miles away in Essex by 7am ?
I live near Dover !
Had others that have pulled my details off a CV web site and landed a couple of weeks of easy work at good rates .
Some have no idea of geography, and are incapable of reading ,
I had one a few years ago that got me into a local company just moving stuff between wharhouse and factory, easy work and after a month they made the agency put the rate up , did a year at that place and only left to go and work on classic cars .
The good ones are rare , most you have to be firm with or they will try to walk all over you , a few you wonder how they stay in business they are so bad .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Examples of bad agencies based on ads:

• Large blue chip clients…oh no you dont.
  • Easy work…not for the agency people
  • Trunking work…highly unlikely.
  • Wide ranges of hourly rate equals fakes.
  • £12+ / hour for class 1 means job is fake.
  • Lots of jobs at the same tiny location means fake.

Essentially anything from an agency on recruitment sites which sounds very similar but with different locations means they are faking the jobs and you wont get what you see advertised.

There are good agencies out there, just not many. If around nottingham pm me and I’ll give you a name of one.

Driver hire at Leicester pay 8.50 per hour and then the umbrella company takes a slice. Needless to say, I never took a job off them.

Tommy7437:

Andrew.simmons:
Milestone/Drivers plus/Staffline or whatever name they go by nowdays. They told me to accept a lower wage on PAYE or leave as I refused to go on the self employed con job.

Transline are liars and try forcing you to go S/E.

Drivers Direct like to tell you over inflated wages before stinging you with the real figures.

This Transline? :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

theguardian.com/business/20 … se-workers

beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03399634

I would rather beg on the street than use Transline/Nexus. All about opinions, thats mine and am sticking with it. Take from that what you will :sunglasses:

Anyone seen the pertemps Tv adverts ?

They must be raking it in …