Her and She vehicles etc

Ships are always “she” because of their capricious nature.Scots Gaelic is a language without a neutral gender.Adoor is likely to be refered to as "he"or him. A window would be female though.

Got to be honest that every vehicle I have driven is a female,
That said, when I am pump trucking pallets onto the tail lift, I always refer to the pallet as a girl. Many customers laugh as I am saying in the back of the truck, c’mon now girl or whoa girl etc.

the nodding donkey:

Muckaway:
nobody would get inside “Freddie Mercury” “Elton John” or “George Michael” for £8/hour.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

i bet you there’s a few quiet ones on here that would consider that a Black Friday bargain :laughing:

Because, like the fairer ■■■, whom us hairy arsed ones would be lost without and we know it, just as the lovely ladies in our lives are at their happiest and most affectionate and caring when reciprocating tender loving care safe in the knowledge they are wanted and safe in our care, the same goes for our lorries.

If you look after them, keep them appreciate them and treat them well, they respond in kind in spades.
If you neglect them, abuse them take them for granted and treat them badly, they’ll pay you back in kind too.

Where the Arsetronic gearbox fits into this theory i haven’t yet worked out, probably find if you scratch under the paint on a particular spot you’ll find the mark of the beast. :smiling_imp: and at that point i’ll shut up.

albion:
Besides trucks are things of beauty are never stop working, (bit like myself really), so obviously female… :laughing:

I love this :laughing: :laughing:

Juddian:
Because, like the fairer ■■■, whom us hairy arsed ones would be lost without and we know it, just as the lovely ladies in our lives are at their happiest and most affectionate and caring when reciprocating tender loving care safe in the knowledge they are wanted and safe in our care, the same goes for our lorries.

If you look after them, keep them appreciate them and treat them well, they respond in kind in spades.
If you neglect them, abuse them take them for granted and treat them badly, they’ll pay you back in kind too.

Where the Arsetronic gearbox fits into this theory i haven’t yet worked out, probably find if you scratch under the paint on a particular spot you’ll find the mark of the beast. :smiling_imp: and at that point i’ll shut up.

And this is fantastic, made me LMAO !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My 7.5t horsebox is male, hes called Sid, he came to me already named and so I just carried it on. The lorries I drive are female, dont know why, they just are. Ill always say "come on old gal, you can do it" if were struggling up a hill. For me when youre on the road the lorry almost becomes your companion, so I talk to them as I go along ... yes Im bonkers too :laughing: :laughing:

alamcculloch:
Ships are always “she” because of their capricious nature.Scots Gaelic is a language without a neutral gender.Adoor is likely to be refered to as "he"or him. A window would be female though.

funny you should say that with me being originally from glasgow…now and again to brighten up our bedroom frolics,my misses and me play at windows…she bends over,and i hang out of her… :slight_smile:

ive never ever heard anyne referring to windows and doors by gender though,

Many years ago we used to have quite a few West Country drivers delivering to our depot & they always referred to their tractor units as “he” or “him”