What's she called (or he I spose)

My mind is wandering and I’ve managed to convince myself that everyone calls there motor something in their head.

My old one was Jessica (cos she’s a spotty dog and I once knew a Jessica very like that). The lorry had Odie off Garfield painted on the cab hence Spotty Dog.

The new one is inspired by Sebastian Vettel. She’s called Catherine as Catherine is Janet’s dirty sister. Vettel has a car which he names Katie’s dirty sister.

I have had quite a bit to drink.

Mines betsy because she’s slow and fragile like an old girl. Many a time I’ve willed my betsy up a hill.

ive never called any motor of mine anything in 28ish years of driving.
Well, i do call 'em something sometimes, (especially if its struggling up a hill) but it would get auto-censored.

kindle530:
ive never called any motor of mine anything in 28ish years of driving.
Well, i do call 'em something sometimes, (especially if its struggling up a hill) but it would get auto-censored.

Never ! Never ! swear at them, that’s when they get the Hump & things start to go wrong.

TLC is your friend.

I call my TGX Jennifer after my Daughter, because I Love 'em both.

Unlike Tom, I hav’nt been drinking, co’s I’m on a Bloody Diet !
2 weeks off the juice & counting.

All my vehicles are and have always been male apart from one very old citroen car which was Ethel, although I don’t name them all (honest)!

Dixie (Kia Picanto)
Silver Ferret (Citroen Saxo)
The Lemon (Ford ■■■■■■)
Red Devil (Peugeot 106 - first car)

Animal/Beast - VTR1000F
GeePee - GPZ500S
Zed - ZZR600E
The Brat - GPZ500S (RIP)

I expect to name my truck(s) something manly and butch :grimacing:

Bit off-topic, but thought id throw yall a first.

I had a moped that ran on LSD. can`t remember anything else.

I have always named my vehicles.
Austin maxi - Vanessa
MK2 ■■■■■■ - Parker (numplate had letter prk on it)
MK4 Cortina - Rod (ROD 952R)
MK3 ■■■■■■ - Paula
MK3 Capri - Del (DEL333Y)
Sierra Sapphire - Sarah
MK3 ■■■■■■ - Lady Paula the second
Pug 309GTi - Vroom
2 more sierra’s - Sarah 2 and 3
Mercedes 508 - Nolan (B86NLW)
Iveco 35:08 - Nolan 2 (replaced Merc)
MK5 ■■■■■■ - Esther
LDV200 - Tok
Vauxhall Senator - Percy
Vauxhall Astra - Abigale
Vitara - Vanessa II
Fronterra - Fred
Volvo - Vera

Never named the wagons I drove. Normally they are given ‘ID’s’ from the numberplate. (s309, s306, bkn, vla, vlb, etc…)

As an aside, all my computers have names as well. It helps me identify them on my home network (Bertha, Ethel, Luggage, Eve)

■■■■■■■:
Bit off-topic, but thought id throw yall a first.

I had a moped that ran on LSD. can`t remember anything else.

Did it have ‘High’ Gears ?

martinviking:
Did it have ‘High’ Gears ?

Like it! :laughing: :laughing:

CARS

Hillman Avenger - Ava
Talbot Avenger - Becca
Vauxhall Chevette - chuvvit because thats what you did most of the time it broke down
Renault 5 - Renee
Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 - Chrissy
Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 - Chloe
Rover 216 - Emma
Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6 - Debs
Rover 216 - Randy
Mazda RX7 - Racey Lacy
Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 CDi - Nugget as in pure GOLD one of the best cars reliability wise I have ever owned.
VW Golf - Louise
Mazda 626 - Lucy
Rover 216 - Head because I then was told all Rover head gaskets GO
Rover 620 - Lola for obvious reasons it was as low as the Mazda RX7 Sports Coupe to get in and out of lol
BMW 320 - Tara
Volvo 360 GLT - Leggy
Nissan Micra - Mini as in micro mini skirt lol shameful at buying this but I have to say it was as reliable as the Nugget.
Ford ■■■■■■ - Emma
Fiat Bravo - FiFi

[VANS

Bedford CF250 - Roomy
Merc - Abi
Ford Transit - ■■■■■■ lol for obvious reasons
Bedford Rascal - Tipper lol for obvious reasons again
Merc - Winnie - and no not winnie the pooh , winnie because it whined alot : )
Ford Transit - ■■■■■■ 2 Obviously
Vauxhall Astravan - Dixie

Trucks

DAF - Duff
MAN - Bettie
Iveco - Moaner

: )

Karl86:
Mines betsy because she’s slow and fragile like an old girl. Many a time I’ve willed my betsy up a hill.

But the good news is Karl she always gets you there.
:smiley:

None of my cars have or have ever had names, likewise my trucks. Fair play to you if you name your vehicles, but to me, they’re just tools to do a job. Having been quite active in Citroen 2cv club circles a while ago, I never got used to hearing grown ups - actual adults - completely unselfconsciously referring to their cars as “Mr Bubbles” or “Stimpy” or whatever. As in “let’s go in Mr Bubbles” … weird. My truck is “the truck”, or if I want to distinguish it from another truck, the last three letters of its reg.

Rhythm Thief:
None of my cars have or have ever had names, likewise my trucks. Fair play to you if you name your vehicles, but to me, they’re just tools to do a job. Having been quite active in Citroen 2cv club circles a while ago, I never got used to hearing grown ups - actual adults - completely unselfconsciously referring to their cars as “Mr Bubbles” or “Stimpy” or whatever. As in “let’s go in Mr Bubbles” … weird. My truck is “the truck”, or if I want to distinguish it from another truck, the last three letters of its reg.

I guess each to their own Mr Rhythm if we all thought the same way the world would be a boring place for sure lol
I have called my vehicles lots of things actually especially when they have broken down :unamused:

Ah yes but, who will admit to talking to their vehicle! :stuck_out_tongue: :blush:

As in 'Come on old girl, don’t let me down now…"

“Not long now…”

Etc.

:laughing:

Also patting the dashboard, or alternatively hitting various items when she is having an off day :laughing:

Have taken to calling the training vehicle Manfred :slight_smile: (bit obvious I know as its a MAN)

bazza123:
Also patting the dashboard, or alternatively hitting various items when she is having an off day :laughing:

Catherine can be a bad tempered little cow at times. She’s lovely and I usually treat her nice.

She does have some bad habits though.

Some times the indicator bleeper kicks up when I’m not indicating.

She gets a good dose of the educational fist on the dash.

Occasionally I get a double flash warning on my indicators again a good slap solves that.

If she atalls (her fault obviously) then I’ll throw a good number of ■■■■■ at her.

When we’ve had a particularly good day (days when I feel like I’m born throw lorries about the country) she’ll get told how well she has behaved.

Right. I’m out

sallycdsmith:

Karl86:

But the good news is Karl she always gets you there.
:smiley:

Most off the time Sally. Being stuck in high range loaded outside a school at 3pm wasn’t one of her best moments. School run mums god do they have a mouth on them you’d think betsy packed up on purpose just to ■■■■ em all off :slight_smile:.

The first lorry I had was called ‘Bob’, as named by the kids. The one I’ve got now is named Emily, after my niece. When my wife affrontedly asked why I hadn’t named it after her, for the first time in my life I thought on my feet and answered smoothly ‘because there’s only one Sam in my life’. If only my brain would work that quickly at other times…

my Smart 4 2 was called Samantha (NOT Sam) :blush: