How would you choose a name for your truck

You can vote for 2 on the poll

And also when your in your truck his it a he or a she :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Mineā€™s called ā€œSouthern Starā€ but it isnā€™t really a he or a she, itā€™s a lump of metal. :wink:

The first one I drove for my current company was named ā€˜Bobā€™ by my kids - not after anybody, they just came up with it - apparently it had to be a boyā€™s name because it was a MAN.

Current one, my lovely Actros, is named Emily after my niece. Wifey wanted to know why it wasnā€™t named after her, with a great deal of smarming I wriggled out by saying ā€˜because thereā€™s only one Sami in my life darlingā€™.

Neither lorry has the name on it anywhere, itā€™s just how theyā€™re known in the family (and more so these days in the office as well).

Gary

Mine was named before I got it, itā€™s called Peterbilt :laughing:

I refer to it as ā€˜herā€™ and usually call her 361 as thatā€™s her fleet number :wink:

I call mine marathon as its about on par with a leyland marathon

Mine is called ā€œTruckā€

Every day when I get in, I say ā€œmorning Truckā€ and thatā€™s it.

Iā€™m not so sad that I say goodbye at the end of a shift :wink:

My motors are all memorials. Iā€™m retired now so my motors are all toys. My preserved lorry is called ā€œBudā€ in memory of father, 57 years a lorry driver and HGV instructor when he retired, heā€™s been gone 25 years. Iā€™ve an early Landrover named ā€œColinā€ after the nephew who gave it to me when he took it against a bad debt. He dropped dead 2 days after his 40th birthday. My big brother died 4 months ago, he was an ex-lorry driver, haulage contractor and REME mechanic. He left me a little bequest, I bought myself a little Mazda MX5 for the summer if we get one, itā€™s called ā€œFreddieā€, guess why? I used to run a little old Merc 307d 3.5 tonner, it was called ā€œAnnetteā€, after my ex sister-in-law, German and very noisy. :smiley: Some of the lorries I named were a TS3 Commer named ā€œCatweazle " due to the ā€œTSKā€ noise the brakes made, youā€™ll need to be a certain age to know about Catweazleā€. Other were a D308 dodge called ā€œYellow Perilā€, and a K series dodge called ā€œPurple People Eaterā€, due to the colours they were bought in.
Bernard

We have about 20 different units so could drive a different one everyday unless i got a night out so canā€™t get personal with them but if i had the same one then probably name it after my daughter Ruby Alice.

No names. I cant stand seeing motors ā€˜namedā€™.

I call my regular drive Trev. No reason behind it. I say morning Trev to it each day. Others I drive are Trev wannabes. And its not a he or she.

Mines called ā€˜SHEDā€™ when Iā€™m in a good mood and F@@@@@g SHED when Iā€™m not, because my garden shed is bigger, its a day cab dinkly daf. Guess which name it gets called nearly all the time.

mines bi-ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  when its playing up itā€™s a women and when its running well itā€™s a bloke :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wouldnā€™t, itā€™s a lump of metal that belongs to someone elseā€¦

Nor do I have a name for my microwave, kettle or TVā€¦ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: