Henry long transport

Remember this Ramone.

les-p:
Remember this Ramone.

No Les but I would imagine it was on Harold Longs Pickersgills Removals side but I could be wrong I usually wrong

ramone:

les-p:
Remember this Ramone.

No Les but I would imagine it was on Harold Longs Pickersgills Removals side but I could be wrong I usually wrong

Never thought of that mate.

Looks new but what make.

les-p:
Looks new but what make.

hiya les /ramone do either of you two remember a guy called alex taylor he worked for longs a mate of my dads used to drink in the new inn manch rd and many others as u did .

steve brearley:

les-p:
Looks new but what make.

hiya les /ramone do either of you two remember a guy called alex taylor he worked for longs a mate of my dads used to drink in the new inn manch rd and many others as u did .

Hi Steve remember the name but not the face, New Inn was a good pub back in the day although I used to use the Clyde, City and Millers Dam, nearer to crawl home or the cab. Les.

les-p:

steve brearley:

les-p:
Looks new but what make.

Hi Steve remember the name but not the face, New Inn was a good pub back in the day although I used to use the Clyde, City and Millers Dam, nearer to crawl home or the cab. Les.

Morning Steve, i never worked there , my dad and his brothers and dad were there as was my brother. I don`t recall the name but no doubt my family may have done

None of these are my photos :

ramone:
None of these are my photos :

Well the Dodge is different, what do you think that is I put on, AEC i’m not sure.

This Dodge was a 1946 Reg, The Kew model, IIRC It would of had a side valve petrol engine, An old pal of mine had the self and same motor, I had many a ride in it during my school holidays , Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
This Dodge was a 1946 Reg, The Kew model, IIRC It would of had a side valve petrol engine, An old pal of mine had the self and same motor, I had many a ride in it during my school holidays , Regards Larry.

Thanks Larry that’s sorted that one, and a year older than me, now whats the new looking 4 wheeler flatbed, i’m saying AEC given Longs obvious preference to them. Les.

from wot i remember of him wore round glasses fair haird curly receedinga tad he had a brother dont know whether he worked for longs but deffo worked for ashworths his name was norman aka snuffy always had a tin of snuff on him he ran doncaster yard at ashys should have had this on there thred

Peter Chowns photo of Henry Long AEC TSA 673, still not a good quality photo but about the best so far. Les.

les-p:
Peter Chowns photo of Henry Long AEC TSA 673, still not a good quality photo but about the best so far. Les.

That looks like it was taken before it was refurbished in around `68 when the m.o.ts came in . It would have been in full red in this photo and still had the canopy fitted . My dads had the canopy but i cant find a photo anywhere of it . Nice one Les

FB photo, nmp. Les.

les-p:
FB photo, nmp. Les.

That looks like Steven Leake Les but i could be wrong

ramone:

les-p:
FB photo, nmp. Les.

That looks like Steven Leake Les but i could be wrong

Yes could be but hard to tell.

Just found this Ramone, Lorryman photo. Les.

les-p:
Just found this Ramone, Lorryman photo. Les.

I showed my dad that photo a few years back and he laughed then said all the drivers wanted it when it was new , i bet it was a bit sad with the trailer on that it pulled

Heres another one Les my dad drove now and then , i think its at Liverpool docks , it`s probably still waiting :wink: