Henry long transport

I stumbled across this picture elsewhere on the net. When I showed it to my Dad who used to drive for longs in the 60s. He went” that’s my truck, and even recited the number plate”
Last night I came across a picture of a longs works trip posted by Ramone, copied below, my grandfather Alberta Ramsden in front third from right looking at picture, two uncles are in third row 2 and 3 right ARTHUR and Joe.

The post was from 2009 so hoping it Ramone is still active he will respond to this if he has any more. My mum is 87 and I am sure has never seen this and will be thrilled to bits to see a picture of her dad and two brothers . All have passed away now.

I wanted to copy pictures but can’t work out how yet.

Near leeds:

I remember my dad telling me that when this motor arrived new it caused a bit of a stir because quite a few drivers wanted it. It’s difficult to see in these modern days but at the time it was a top notch motor in the area. Near Leeds i have replied to your PM

Picture taken in 1933
On the Left are Mr and Mrs Green
On the right is Albert Ramsden and wife Sophia and new daughter Patricia.
Patricia will be 87 in May, so this picture would be taken around that time in 1933
Picture has been cleaned up but the site only allows for 2Mb files sizes so this is the best I can post.

Ramone

Can’t seem to find your reply. ( don’t know how to access it ).
Took that works trip pic you posted to show my mum today.
She remembered the picture so there must be a copy floating around somewhere.
As mentioned my Dad used to drive for them in the 50s also my grandad Albert Ramsden as well.
Interested in any other pictures you may have as it sounds like you also have a family connection to the firm.
Dad was naming a few of the others in that group photo today.

Must have been taken through the wire net fence, not my photo. Les.

72310308_2639411919448302_2454494399918795290_n.jpg

lespullan:
Must have been taken through the wire net fence, not my photo. Les.

Not seen that one before Les

Best I could do with it Ramone. Les.

les-p:

I think there’s another photo of this Les with someone stood in front. A rare chinese 6

ramone:

les-p:

I think there’s another photo of this Les with someone stood in front. A rare chinese 6

This is one of Longs Atkis with a ■■■■■■■ , i think they had two , not sure about the tanker i heard it was working out of Immingham

Surfaced in Views of old Bradford - w-a-a-a-y before my time there!

19 glorious years:
0Surfaced in Views of old Bradford - w-a-a-a-y before my time there!

This photo has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now but no one can name the two men . My dad would have known but he`s no longer here and most others who worked there have gone too

les-p:

Les Cooper drove one of those , tramping. That could be the one

ramone:

les-p:

Now that’s a name I haven’t heard for a long time, he worked at Smith Parkinson and Cole when i was a mechanic there, i presume its the same one, that’s definitely not him in the Merc.

les-p:

ramone:

les-p:

Now that’s a name I haven’t heard for a long time, he worked at Smith Parkinson and Cole when i was a mechanic there, i presume its the same one, that’s definitely not him in the Merc.

He lived at Lidget Green and his wife was called Brenda

ramone:

les-p:

ramone:

les-p:

He lived at Lidget Green and his wife was called Brenda

That’s the one.

les-p:

I’ve got that framed somewhere , moving house soon so it will turn up