Height Measuring Stick

One of the car transporter body builders do a posh one but IIRC they’re around the £70 mark. They’re a cracking bit of kit made from telescopic aluminium box sections and it comes in its own solid storage box. I think it was Transporter Engineering.

I was issued with one on a previous job and made sure I got a receipt for it upon leaving. I only did a few weeks holiday cover in the end.

Cheers
Neilf

neilf:
One of the car transporter body builders do a posh one but IIRC they’re around the £70 mark. They’re a cracking bit of kit made from telescopic aluminium box sections and it comes in its own solid storage box. I think it was Transporter Engineering.

I was issued with one on a previous job and made sure I got a receipt for it upon leaving. I only did a few weeks holiday cover in the end.

Cheers
Neilf

i used these when on timber trusses…a handy tool

Transport engineering in Essex make one also bell trailers make stock them as well. We use them on car transporters all go to a height of 5mtrs usually about £75

or , get some of that sticky backed plastic from Blue Peter, the one with the one inch check squares, cover the front of every trailer you use… … one,two,three,four, one hundred and sixty nine, one hundred and seventy , one hundred and seventy one,SORTED.

I see there are clinometers onebay for £10. i.e.

height of the vehicle = (tangent of the angle x ground distance to the vehicle) + the height of your eyeball above the ground.

Have to be done on level ground
you could calibrate a telescopic fishing rod or telescopic aerial antenna but I suppose that you need a max extension of 16ft 3"
I always assume the height of the fifth wheel to be 1.25m as some trailers are not marked with an “overall” height. I think it is a legal requirement to have the height displayed in the cab

bald bloke:

Saaamon:
You can do it by eye.

To within 4 to 6 inches I agree.

So that’s why they’re always hitting bridges :laughing:

10-08:

kindle530:
if you have one of these on the back of your cab,

What a ginger bloke? :open_mouth:
I’m going to check for that as soon as I get home :laughing:

i put an advert in the paper, mudflap wanted, must be willing to travel, and he got the job!

(you cheeky sod! :laughing: )