Head injury, temp can't drive

Slightly off the head injury topic, but online with the licence withdrawal. As I posted a while back, I had the accident in May and then because I gave the wrong answers when I visited the doctor, they told me I was not to drive anything! Since then I have had a variety of tests including a cardiologist. The cardiologist told me he was convinced I suffered from OSA despite my GP being convinced otherwise. He told me he was going to recommend I have the sleeping test and also have a heart monitor fitted and also that I never have my HGV back again. This was on the 1st July. Today I opened a letter telling me I was on the waiting list for the monitor and no mention of the test. So no licences back. Since the 17th May I have received precisely £288 in ESA and that is it.
Now due to the nature of the accident I decided I wasn’t going to reapply for my HGV and I am now a happily retired gentleman. Well, I was until last week.
I had complained about my chest and extreme lack of breath to my GP more than once and was told I had an infection and given bloody tablets. I have had a chesty cough since January and my chest took an almighty bashing off the steering wheel in the accident.
Then six weeks ago, the sister below me aged just 51, dropped and passed away without warning. Far too young and made for a very stressful time for me. I was supposed to go up to see my other sister (they lived in the same town) the other Saturday ( the 12th) for a long weekend but really didn’t feel up to it. On the Friday I coughed up some blood and so I decided to go Saturday. The same on the Saturday so I decided to go Sunday. I felt a bit better on Sunday which was the lull before the storm. I left early Sunday and got to my sisters about lunchtime. Sunday night we were sat in the garden when I collapsed. It was like the Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Every time I coughed which I couldn’t stop doing, pure blood was pouring out my mouth, not red tinged phlegm but pure blood. ■■■■■■■ scary, I tell you. Luckily I wasn’t alone and my b-i-l got me straight up the hospital. They transferred me to Lincoln County where I have just spent 9 days undergoing all kinds of tests. The first 3 days I was in I was receiving 10 litres of oxygen an hour. I have never been so scared in my life. They released me yesterday morning but only so I could travel home for the next stage of treatment in my local hospital (I would have preferred to stay there). The CT scan has revealed blood clots on my lungs and also a large shadow on one of them. The next stage is the camera down the throat jobbie into my lungs to investigate. I have been sent home with all kinds of tablets and breathing aids and after a long discussion on Monday, it would appear I might just be in the old doggie ■■■. The dreaded word was mentioned and not been discounted by any means.
This hasn’t been my best year by any stretch of the imagination

Im sorry to hear about that bear,as i was reading it i could myself sinking ,not much to say apart from good luck .

seth 70:
Im sorry to hear about that bear,as i was reading it i could myself sinking ,not much to say apart from good luck .

+1, sorry to hear this bear, sounds like a bloody nightmare. fingers crossed for ya mate.

Sorry to hear this hope all goes well xxxxx ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Chilistrucker and thebear whats the latest with your health lads :question: :question: :question:

seth 70:
Chilistrucker and thebear whats the latest with your health lads :question: :question: :question:

I have an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) for the old camera down the throat into my lungs jobbie. Am still struggling badly with my breathing but thankfully except for once there has been no further signs of blood. Can’t even go out into the garden to bring the washing in without having to sit down when I get back in.

TheBear:

seth 70:

I have an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) for the old camera down the throat into my lungs jobbie. Am still struggling badly with my breathing but thankfully except for once there has been no further signs of blood. Can’t even go out into the garden to bring the washing in without having to sit down when I get back in.

Bear, not my business and you don’t have to answer but i’m wondering if you are/were a smoker?

My dad was all his life, and started getting a cough, went on for a while and then one day coughed so hard he passed out.
Then as time went by his breathing slowly got worse, breathless in the same way you describe. He had lots of tests over the years, including a ‘shadow’ and in the end it turned out to be C.O.P.D.
IT did affect him, and got worse with time, but it definetly wasn’t cancer and he managed to make the most of his life with this condition, the breathing aids they gave him over time were a really big help.
Keep us posted with how your getting on :wink:

Seth, no change my end, feeling fine health wise and just awaiting the next scan at the end of this month. Its the boredom and not earning any money that are doing my head in, i hate it and as we all know the benefits you recieve are an insult :smiling_imp:
The garden is looking well, weather helps, and me and the mutt get 2 walks a day :grimacing:
Roll on the end of the month, maybe if its an all clear could possibly get back to work mid September/early October.

Seen a few programs on tv over the last few weeks with people who suffered the same injuries as i got, and looking at how bad some of these people have been affected makes me realise just how lucky i was!!! That internal bleeding on the brain is scary ■■■■.

Well, after having had all sorts of tubes stuck in me and all kinds of tests, I now know I am not about to fall off the mortal coil just yet!!
It is just left for me to have the sleeping tests done but the lung problem has been diagnosed. I have badly damaged lungs and emphysema (not COPD). It is all self inflicted as I have been a heavy smoker for 45 years which is why I wasn’t worried too much if I had of been diagnosed with cancer. No good crying when we were all told 30 years ago smoking can kill.
Despite all the aids they have give me, I am still struggling big time with my breathing and don’t know if I will work again as obviously anything physical is out the question.

My uncle had emphysema & was on oxygen he did work although in as a shop manager had TB twice died age 75 10 year ago so dont lose hope yet & he did like a wee dram most night :laughing: :laughing: he did smoke as well

But at least some good news for now

TheBear:
Well, after having had all sorts of tubes stuck in me and all kinds of tests, I now know I am not about to fall off the mortal coil just yet!!
It is just left for me to have the sleeping tests done but the lung problem has been diagnosed. I have badly damaged lungs and emphysema (not COPD). It is all self inflicted as I have been a heavy smoker for 45 years which is why I wasn’t worried too much if I had of been diagnosed with cancer. No good crying when we were all told 30 years ago smoking can kill.
Despite all the aids they have give me, I am still struggling big time with my breathing and don’t know if I will work again as obviously anything physical is out the question.

Dont really know what to say bear apart i hope things work out ok and good luck with stuff ,fingers crossed m8, Whats the latest on your health chilistrucker :question: :question: have you got square eyes yet from all the tele and a garden like charley dimmocks :laughing: :laughing: do all the people where you live think you are the village idiot for walking round all of a sudden talking to strangers and popping to the shops every 2 mins,when i was off the highlight of my week was my mam pushing me round barnsley market in a wheelchair,i want that one ,little britain :wink: :wink:

I think even the dog is getting bored with me now :grimacing:
He’s an old sausage dog and likes to sleep ALOT!!! So he isn’t always keen when i ask him does he want to go out :open_mouth:

T.V does bore me, but the garden is good, the cooking is coming on leaps and bounds so much so that my boy and his girlfriend prefer me to cook, than his mum :open_mouth:

i’m glad of the xbox also, as this certainly keeps me entertained when bored. A week tomorrow for the BIG ct scan.

Well today was a great day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Had my ct scan this morning at 1030 and then an appointment with the consultant at 1115. Couldn’t believe it that the consultant gave me the results today whilst i was there and the great news is he has now gave me the all clear :grimacing: :grimacing:
Says i’ve been lucky really considering the injuries, and lucky it has healed completely in pretty good time and informed me they don’t need to see me any more. So just dvla to sort out now and then i can officially start driving again and go back to work.
I have to admit i’m over the moon :wink:

Good news at last then :smiley:

chilistrucker:
Well today was a great day :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Had my ct scan this morning at 1030 and then an appointment with the consultant at 1115. Couldn’t believe it that the consultant gave me the results today whilst i was there and the great news is he has now gave me the all clear :grimacing: :grimacing:
Says i’ve been lucky really considering the injuries, and lucky it has healed completely in pretty good time and informed me they don’t need to see me any more. So just dvla to sort out now and then i can officially start driving again and go back to work.
I have to admit i’m over the moon :wink:

Get in,all that worrying for nowt,these things are sent to try us chillistrucker :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers peeps :wink:
Fingers crossed dvla don’t drag their heels now the surgeon has given me the all clear.

Just to add too this topic.
the dvla, have overruled my neuro consultant and have unbelievably revoked my licence again, after initially giving it back. Unbelievable.

chilistrucker:
the dvla, have overruled my neuro consultant and have unbelievably revoked my licence again, after initially giving it back. Unbelievable.

Sounds about right for DVLA speak with your consultant

Or you could be a little economical with DVLA

chilistrucker:

Get a letter from your consultant m8,id be surprised if it doesnt work,the goverment dont like people being on the sick,pester them to death pal dont let it rest :smiling_imp:

Believe it or not it was the letter from the consultant they overruled■■?
Yet another knockback. On a more hopeful front I wrote a veryelong letter to my MP yesterday and they appear to be very keen to help. Heard from them 3 times already and today the MP has written to the dvla, so fingers crossed!

chilistrucker:
Believe it or not it was the letter from the consultant they overruled■■?
Yet another knockback. On a more hopeful front I wrote a veryelong letter to my MP yesterday and they appear to be very keen to help. Heard from them 3 times already and today the MP has written to the dvla, so fingers crossed!

cant they find you owt in the yard or office until things get sorted chilistrucker :question: :question: sounds good with the mp m8,i smashed half my body to pieces and had to learn to walk again,ive also got bits of memory loss and my nervous system was bolloxed,never took my liscence off me m8,i think they lost the paperwork :neutral_face: