One of our members has had some bad news

Hidden away HERE in the health & family forum, one of our members has had some bad news -

Potter:
well just got back and its not good news im afraid, the neurologist thinks its some kind of epilepsy, been told that I have to inform the DVLA and they are gonna take my HGV license off me for 10 years and my car licence for a year minimum :cry: . Gotta have en EEG and a brain scan to see if they can figure out whats up with me. Gotta take some tablets as well. The only plus point is that I can still drink and go on the rides at theme parks!! :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to go on.

Sorry to put this here mods but the health & family forum is not one that gets a lot of views and I think we should be supporting one of our own

I think we should be supporting one of our own

I agree with you Rog, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best of luck Potter, fingers crossed here for you, there is life after trucking, and there are loads of us on here to prove that.

Really sorry to hear this. Right to be here.

best of luck potter !!

This sort of thing scares me…it could happen to anyone of us :cry:

best of luck potter.

I’m sorry to hear this. Maybe he can use his skills to be a CPC trainer? Surely with his knowledge and experience he would be an asset to any training establishment?

Best wishes

Paul

merc0447:

best of luck potter.

I have to agree mate, cos it really could…

All the best to Potter

bloody hell potter thats terrible news, hopefully after you had all the tests things won’t be so bad.
good luck mate

good luck potter,a similar thing happened to a mate ov mine whilst tippin in Belfast the other week, its not good :frowning:

Sorry to hear about your health problem Potter. Best Wishes for the immediate future.

With regard to your concerns about Benefits etc. book yourself an appointment at your local DSS Office. It,s people like yourself that they are there for., and with yours being a genuine case, we can hope that you will be given the maximum available financial assistance.

Also have a look at the Professional Drivers Foundation Update thread , lower down on this page of the forum. They also seem to be in a position to offer help and guidance; which is what you are needing right now. Good Luck.

good luck potter
transport office or warehouse for you then

All the best for the future Potter.
Good luck
Regards

merc0447:

best of luck potter.

I agree; it’ something that worries me too. :frowning:

So sorry to hear the news, Potter and I hope you make a full and speedy recovery very soon. All the very best, mate. :smiley:

There but for the love of God. Hope your situation resolves itself for you, all the very best

Thanks for all the kind replys, it really means a lot to me, going to go to the job centre tommorow and see what they say regarding benefits etc, thanks again

Hi Potter.
Really sorry to hear your news. Stay positive,and the very best of luck.

Can only echo all the good wishes posted Potter, and wish you back to the best of health.

I,ve been doing a bit of Googling to try and help you with some info, Potter. I,m glad to be able to say that I have never needed any of them personally

Stick this in the Google search bar Direct.gov.uk that page will give you all the info you need for starters. It also has all the (free) helpline numbers that you might need.

It seems that you —might— be eligible for some, maybe all of the following benefits.

Income Based Jobseeker,s Allowance.
Income Support.
Housing/Council Tax Benefit.

Also possibly, depending on your personal circumstances,

Working Tax Credit
Child Tax Credit.

I hope this helps.

Hi Potter
Really sorry to hear, chin up mate all the best