Blackout

Hi all,i wonder if anybody can help Just over 5 years ago i suffered a blackout(was not driving at the time!) and the result was i lost my car licence for 1 year and hgv for 10 years, i was absolutely devastated,at the time i was 43 and that was all i had done for 22 years and i loved the job.From this forum i have found out that the DVLA has recently changed the rules and the hgv ban is now just 5 years.Has anybody else been in a similar situation to me and successfully got there hgv back?I hope i’m not going to have to take my test again.Any help gratefully received.

Can’t help I’m afraid, why not ask the dvla?

I double manned in a 7.5t last year with a guy who’d blacked out in an artic and parked it in a nearby electric substation! He lost his hgv permanently but kept his car license which included 7.5t. I only have his word for it though.

Best of luck anyway.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome mb14 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

mb14:
I hope i’m not going to have to take my test again.

Nope - just get the medical passed to get you licence re-instated
In your case the DVLA medical section are likely to insist on you having some tests done which are on top of the usual medical - best to contact them on that.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

i had a blackout ( was not drivin at the time ) my licence was revoked by DVLA at the time had a lot of test done eventually got licence back but when came to up grade they tok a long time in sortin it out

if you look in the family & health forum you will find it in there

i had a blackout last week…taking her out again tonight :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well 8 weeks after having my medical(same as any normal HGV medical) the DVLA have finally given me back my licence and within an hour the company i worked for at the time of blackout have given me my job back…look out europe hee i come…

Well done nice to here & god luck with it hope you have fun

animal:
Well done nice to here & god luck with it hope you have fun

Thanks for your good wishes i cant wait to get back.