Head injury, temp can't drive

oh right, i was told 3 years but could be wrong.
had a good chat with the solicitor, who thinks i have a valid claim. well 2 actually but we’ll see. there is no guarentee that i’ll win, but there are 2 different avenues that can be pursued so just see how it pans out?

i could be wrong m8 ,a few bits of the last 2 year are a bit of a blur,i went too soon after my accident and it was too much for me to get my head round ,at the end of the day im happy to be allright never mind the money,im sure you know what i mean :wink:

When I 1st fractured my skull you didnt claim as it was early 70’s & I was too young in any case although suppose parents could have

When I fractured my back I was young daft invincible but yep it has come back to bite me

Have I ever claimed compensation No would I well it depends

chilistrucker:
anyone else had this?
fell over the other week whilst working in Belfast, was taken to hospital because temporarily knocked out.
released after a few hours, but following morning was feeling worse and sent back to hospital. got sent for a ct scan only to find out i’d fractured my skull in 2 places, perforated an ear drum and had 3 internal bleeds :confused:
cut a long story short, kept in for a week, lots of scans, checks etc, before being allowed to come back home to the uk.
now home, and doing what i’m supposed to with regards to informing dvla, my doctor, etc, with a view to getting another ct scan booked.
the result of all of this, my doc won’t let me drive, either car or truck :frowning:
this is bad enough, but the 1st available ct scan i can get is the 9th of july :frowning:
so, no work=no bloody money. gutted to say the least, been doing this since i passed my hgv when i was 23, and that was 21 years ago. p.i.t.a to lose my licence, and the only way i know how to make a living.

anyone been in a similar boat with this kind of injury, and how did it all pan out■■?

Whats the latest buddy :question: are you sorted :question:

hello mate, how are you?
kind of in limbo land now. good news is my right ear and hearing are now back to normal, and the dizziness has gone and headaches have eased :slight_smile: so just left with the 1 internal bleed, and the 2 skull fractures which fingers crossed are all healing.
got my scan through, its not the quickest, but apparently was the best they could do :wink: for the end of august.
so still another 8 weeks of waiting, no driving, and trying to fight the boredom.
oh well, garden is looking tidy and nice, i’m even doing abit of cooking :grimacing:

really need to get out and start doing something though, even if its going for a walk. my mate does it when he is home, keeps his weight down, and its good exercise, think he does 5-9 miles most days :open_mouth:

i’ll just start with the shops and back, nearly a mile :slight_smile:

you are getting there m8 ,its allways in 8 weeks time scale there is never a rush with hospitals,you need to rest and to get better m8,theres no medals to be won ,i learnt to switch off and didnt want to go out or have visitors ,big mistake ,i had to get a kick up the arse things were winning me :frowning: anyway that part of my life is over im back at work full time now but only duin 9 10 hrs a day and stopping local [yorkshire]im settling back in ok but im very tired alltime ,im only 42 and was as fit as a fiddle ,i was hundred mile a hour all the time ,now im steady away and think about everything i do,dont take things for granted you dont know whats round the corner m8 as you know,keep us updated buddy i know how you feeling, :wink: :wink:

Glad to hear you are getting there just take it easy but yep agree you need to keep occupied with things but be careful in past have fractured my scull twice ( not at same time & 1st dont remember )

As I said did have a long time off on the sick back to work now nice easy steady away job although not local but home every night 11ish hr shifts but not hard

You can come do my garden if you wish :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There are plenty thing you can do you just have to look

Good luck with scan sure you will be fine these things take time dont rush just make sure you get yourself right before going back to work as no medals to be won

cheers gents, much appreciated :wink:

chilistrucker:

Gents :unamused: :laughing:

animal:

chilistrucker:

Gents :unamused: :laughing:

doh! sorry :blush:

:grimacing:

Whats the latest chilstrucker ,is your garden better than alan titmarsh ,and where you live think you are the village idiot now u have started walking the streets talking to complete strangers,only kidding buddy ,u ok :wink:

ha, ha, yes mate, thinking of doing my own tv program soon on gardens :slight_smile:
feeling pretty good at mo mate, ear is good and very rare on the headache front at the mo, just the odd twinge which i’m only guessing is the fractures healing■■?
got that ct scan at the end of august but also had another come through for the 24th of this month so fingers crossed.
bit sad to admit this, but bugger i miss work!!!

thanks for asking btw :wink:

chilistrucker:
ha, ha, yes mate, thinking of doing my own tv program soon on gardens :slight_smile:
feeling pretty good at mo mate, ear is good and very rare on the headache front at the mo, just the odd twinge which i’m only guessing is the fractures healing■■?
got that ct scan at the end of august but also had another come through for the 24th of this month so fingers crossed.
bit sad to admit this, but bugger i miss work!!!

thanks for asking btw :wink:

Have you got fed up with homes under the hammer yet :laughing: :laughing: i really got into frasier,if it makes you feel better mate im on my 6th week now and it feels like ive never been off ,everybody as asked about my accident and appologised for not keeping in touch etc ,how much weight ive lost how i look better or worse depends who it is,theres one thing i will never do is moan about work again,have been spending your 70 quid sick money the ■■■■■ expect you to live on :question: :question: it wont be long m8 you will be back at work as if non of this happened, :wink: :wink:

Only 6 weeks :open_mouth: :open_mouth: it took me 10 year to get sorted & back to work now dont moan about work still enjoy it tbh

Good luck to both hope you get sorted soon & back to work

cheers animal :wink:
seth, my boy has just put netflix on the xbox for me, so there is sooo much i can now watch, as well as being an adult and playing games on the xbox :grimacing:
which is just aswell, because you’re right the pittance i get from the goverment i think is a joke :imp:
like most i guess, i’ve paid tax and n.i since i left school 26 years ago and yet after all this time i get £72 per week e.s.a which i get instead of s.s.p and they give us £23 a week off the rent and council tax. it just annoys me when you see some of these programs on the tv at how some people manage to milk the system, you think what ‘abu hamza’ and his family, (and many like them) have cost us over the years. it boils my ■■■■ slightly.
but screw em!!!

right, water the plants or g.t.a.5■■?

chilistrucker:
cheers animal :wink:
seth, my boy has just put netflix on the xbox for me, so there is sooo much i can now watch, as well as being an adult and playing games on the xbox :grimacing:
which is just aswell, because you’re right the pittance i get from the goverment i think is a joke :imp:
like most i guess, i’ve paid tax and n.i since i left school 26 years ago and yet after all this time i get £72 per week e.s.a which i get instead of s.s.p and they give us £23 a week off the rent and council tax. it just annoys me when you see some of these programs on the tv at how some people manage to milk the system, you think what ‘abu hamza’ and his family, (and many like them) have cost us over the years. it boils my ■■■■ slightly.
but screw em!!!

right, water the plants or g.t.a.5■■?

Emm what is gta5 btw :blush: :blush:

Yep boils mine as well as you know that some of the people that are on sick ( esa ) are fit to work but they seem to get everything wish I knew how they dont it as then would be able to let you know

now you’ve got netflix you have to watch “breaking bad”.best thing i’ve watched on the telly ever!!

andrew.s:
now you’ve got netflix you have to watch “breaking bad”.best thing i’ve watched on the telly ever!!

yep seen it, fantastic :grimacing:
1 of my favorites now, up there with, ‘the wire.’

animal, gta 5 is a game on the xbox, its rated as 18+ but is very funny if you’re into that sort of thing :grimacing:

chilistrucker:

andrew.s:

animal, gta 5 is a game on the xbox, its rated as 18+ but is very funny if you’re into that sort of thing :grimacing:

Ah not really into game machines but if you like carry on know a lot of people that do play of xbox & playstation

animal:

chilistrucker:

andrew.s:

Ah not really into game machines but if you like carry on know a lot of people that do play of xbox & playstation

the ■■■■■■■■ havn’t taken my licence yet on the xbox :slight_smile:

gta5 is a kind of modern day gangster type game. very clever how it all works, the game is endless and you can play online also.
there is nothing i hate more than getting taken out with a sniper rifle shot, that is manned by some gobby 12 year old american kid :open_mouth:
its ok though, i normally go and steal their car after :grimacing: