GUY Big J 8LXB Tractor Unit

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:
Would have been handy to see what make vehicle it is! Franky.

• 1, Regards Larry,?

A Seddon perhaps ?, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

• 1, Regards Larry,?

It’s a Guy Big J with a 8 pot, not an original build, I think it was Fryske that put some pics of it up last year,

It has the BL style hub cap rather than a Seddon one.

pete smith:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

• 1, Regards Larry,?

It’s a Guy Big J with a 8 pot, not an original build, I think it was Fryske that put some pics of it up last year,

Dennis still won’t be convinced,but yes I agree,not an original build photo which is what was requested,although more’s the pity in my view.

David

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

• 1, Regards Larry,?

Hiya,
A Seddon methinks.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Frankydobo:

• 1, Regards Larry,?

Hiya,
A Seddon methinks.
thanks harry, long retired.

Harry,
How you doing mate, hope all is going well? It’s a Guy my friend, made up from spare parts from an ex haulier from Milnthorpe allegedly!!

20863001072_5bd5591934_k.jpg

Shame its a ‘bitsa’ but does look a nice motor, maybe more convincing in Smith of Maddy’s colours eh! :wink:

Frankydobo:
Shame its a ‘bitsa’ but does look a nice motor, maybe more convincing in Smith of Maddy’s colours eh! :wink:

Your not wrong there Frankydobo,although the SoM 240 Percy Guy’s had a longer silencer box than the one in the picture,but either way,they were a good looking/pulling tool it has to be said.

David

If this “hybrid” is the best that can be done I think this thread should be “kicked into touch” eh! RIP ! Cheers Dennis.

Does it become a proper lorry all of a sudden if he puts a loaded trailer behind it and does a Scotch?

cav551:
Does it become a proper lorry all of a sudden if he puts a loaded trailer behind it and does a Scotch?

Noooooo! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Must admit after 119 pages and no definitive photographic evidence despite many sworn testaments that they existed and not doubting those, it does seem the elusive 8LXB GUY isn’t going to materialise in picture form which in itself is quite remarkable for this site as the most rare and unknown vehicles from many corners of the world have had a picture to show they weren’t fiction, yet it seems in this photo mad country even the hardline Commercial Vehicle photographers have never took even one still of this vehicle. It has become a rarer sight than a Yeti or Bigfoot and we hear of people seeing those all the time but again without foolproof photographic evidence to sway the minds of doubters. Maybe there is a picture somewhere of a tyre track in the mud of a 8LXB GUY Big J to put alongside the same of Bigfoot, Nessy and the Abominable Snowman. Actually I’ve twigged the con here if you look at 8LXB its just an anagram for B**L*X 8! Cheers Franky. :confused:

All this talk of “Photographic evidence”! Whatever happened to faith? :unamused:

No, Rigsby, not Faith who used to serve behind the counter in the co-op. :wink:
We know (without photographic evidence) what happened to her.

I bet the prop is very short .

Bewick:
If this “hybrid” is the best that can be done I think this thread should be “kicked into touch” eh! RIP ! Cheers Dennis.

Now Now Dennis, If there is SOM motor with the 8 in sureley some one will post it on here, But Im not holding my breath , Its been going on for ages & all these folk who claim there was such motors in the SOM fleet, Are taking the ■■■■ IMO, Wouldnt you agree Eh, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Now Now Dennis, If there is SOM motor with the 8 in sureley some one will post it on here, But Im not holding my breath , Its been going on for ages & all these folk who claim there was such motors in the SOM fleet, Are taking the ■■■■ IMO, Wouldnt you agree Eh, Regards Larry.

I heard that one has been sighted going North with a wide load of plate on the M74 with Elvis driving and Adolf mating ! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
I heard that one has been sighted going North with a wide load of plate on the M74 with Elvis driving and Adolf mating ! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

More like the only one ever produced was actually driven by Elvis.But it rusted away at the side of the road after being abandoned when it ran out of steam climbing the ■■■■■■■■ hills and a ■■■■■■■ powered one had to then take the trailer onward and it wasn’t considered worth the cost of recovering.With the engine ending up as the anchor of a Chinese Junk.While Elvis went home never to return to these shores after the trauma. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Oh! Aye I forgot that “CF” was stood on the duck board ( climbed on at Scratchwwood Services :open_mouth: ) banging on the back window trying to persuade them to let him into the cab to sit on the bonnet between them ! But they stopped “on tap 'o Beatock” and threw the ■■■■ off ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: Cheers Bewick

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Oh! Aye I forgot that “CF” was stood on the duck board ( climbed on at Scratchwwood Services :open_mouth: ) banging on the back window trying to persuade them to let him into the cab to sit on the bonnet between them ! But they stopped “on tap 'o Beatock” and threw the [zb] off ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: Cheers Bewick

Lawrence Dunbar:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:
Oh! Aye I forgot that “CF” was stood on the duck board ( climbed on at Scratchwwood Services :open_mouth: ) banging on the back window trying to persuade them to let him into the cab to sit on the bonnet between them ! But they stopped “on tap 'o Beatock” and threw the [zb] off ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: Cheers Bewick

Aye Larry and don’t you give the ■■■■ a lift back down to Penrith in that 8 wheeler MM ! Anon 1.